New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

5 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Trust BSF I have lived in Buffalo almost 55 years come December when I turn 55 years old. I have seen a lot over the years. The new Buffalo Bills stadium is a done deal because the public money is already committed when the New York State budget passed. A CBA is just a whole lot of nothing because both the city of Buffalo and Erie County is a whole lot of nothing today this was a New York State money deal all the way.

Buffalo and Erie County aren’t players anymore they haven’t been in a long long time they may think there players but there not because neither has enough money to build a Buffalo Bills a lemonade stand never mind something as big as a new NFL stadium today because both city of Buffalo are Erie County are broke. The way New York State wants them both broke and depended on the state for all the answers it is what it is we all just watch the dog and pony show but this stadium deal is a done deal in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Welcome to July, 2022. The deal has been done for a while.

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Well, I mean, yeah. It's december. In Buffalo. MAYBE at night.

18 hours ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

We're a small market Mr. Robot. Nothing is new.

Meanwhile...

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/news/2022/05/20/twice-many-get-packers-season-tickets-but-over-140-000-waiting/9510134002/

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

And yet GB has no trouble selling tickets at night in December...

Your link had nothing to do with selling tickets at night in December.  It was about season tix, of which GB only has 38K, for an 81K stadium (the Bills I believe max out at 55K season tix and sold out last year).  They didn't sell out any games last year, much less in December/January, topping-out at 78K.

Edited by Doc

6 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I don't get it. Doesn't Buffalo have a waiting list for season tickets, too? Last I read, the waiting list was about 3000 people. 

Who knows

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Your link had nothing to do with selling tickets at night in December.  It was about season tix, of which GB only has 38K, for an 81K stadium.  They didn't sell out any games last year, much less in December/January, topping-out at 78K.

38,000 "season ticket holder accounts", up to 4 tickets each

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

38,000 "season ticket holder accounts"

Yes, they have a maximum of 38K season tickets.  They have a large waiting list for people wanting to be one of those 38K.  If the Bills restricted theirs to 38K, they'd have a waiting list as well.

Just now, Doc said:

Yes, they have a maximum of 38K season tickets.  They have a large waiting list for people wanting to be one of those 38K.  If the Bills restricted theirs to 38K, they'd have a waiting list as well.

accounts---up to 4 tickets each, doc

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

accounts---up to 4 tickets each, doc

How does that work?  38K times 4 is almost double what Lambeau can hold.

And again, they still don't sell-out every game.

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

Pretty sure Bills have 60k and still have a relatively short waiting list... I could be wrong

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Pretty sure Bills have 60k and still have a relatively short waiting list... I could be wrong

I couldn't find the exact number for season tix (I saw that they sold out last year but couldn't find the number) available, but you could be right.  Just saying that if the Bills offered just 38K, they'd have a bigger waiting list.

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

How does that work?  38K times 4 is almost double what Lambeau can hold.

And again, they still don't sell-out every game.

Maybe they got tired of Aaron Rodgers's BS last year.

As of 2 summers ago:

"These Are the Most Incredible Active Sellout Streaks in Sports

Andrew Lisa

June 2, 2020·12 min read

In 1959, Dwight Eisenhower was president, no one had heard of the Beatles yet, and the Green Bay Packers were playing to sold-out crowds at a stadium that had yet to be renamed Lambeau Field. Fast forward nearly 60 years, and the two surviving Beatles are in their late 70s, Ike is a footnote in history, and the Packers are still playing to sold-out crowds at Lambeau. The most dramatic sellout streaks can span generations and even lifetimes, and they galvanize teams and unify fans. Some attendance records cluster around sports dynasties, while others seem to last forever no matter how the team performs. Either way, one truth is undeniable: When it comes to the business of sports, capacity crowds always are welcome.

The Packers also stand out, however, for their astonishing 60-year sellout streak, which has endured from 1959 to the present. Yet, in another oddity, the Packers don’t hold the longest sellout streak in one city. As of Nov. 4, 2018, they’d played 359 straight games in Green Bay, Wisconsin — fewer than the Denver Broncos’ 400 in a row in the Colorado capital — because they played 107 “home” games at Milwaukee County Stadium between 1960 and 1994, according to the Denver Post. The loyal fans in Milwaukee wanted to see the Packers closer to home."