New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

5 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Not confusing economic environments BUT at least WNY had site options for a stadium. 

Virginia has already said NO.  DC, for some reason is clinging to their version of the Rockpile (RFK), and is also saying NO.  That leaves Maryland, with limited options far enough away from Baltimore, to be viable for a DC team.  Maybe $$$ can't buy happiness?

RFK is being torn down.  

Daniel Snyder is the real impediment.  If he went away things would change on the stadium front.  He is not liked.

10 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I saw one article that the stadium they proposed would only hold 55,000.  Making it the smallest NFL stadium if it's built. 

I saw the same thing Jack and laughed at all the people here betiching about The Ralph2 only holding 62k plus 5k party deck

Edited by Mike in Horseheads
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

Apologies if the answer to this question is buried somewhere within the thread...when are we to expect some renderings of the new digs?

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

To follow up on Eball's above question is there a time frame set for shovels to meet dirt?

The consensus idea seems to be that they'll send out pics of the design by the end of camp. Probably will get leaks earlier, but I'm sure the Bills have a time-frame in mind for maximum hype prior to the season....

Shovels break ground sometime in 2023 with construction finished by 2026, as far as I've seen. Could be wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• 1 month later...

The Fat Lady hasn't sung until the Community Benefits Agreement (aka: pork payoff) has been agreed upon. Must be done so by September.

There has been very little progress reported on the CBA.  There is time left for this to be screwed up.

Just now, boater said:

The Fat Lady hasn't sung until the Community Benefits Agreement (aka: pork payoff) has been agreed upon. Must be done so by September.

There has been very little progress reported on the CBA.  There is time left for this to be screwed up.

I was thinking that Kim was likely a very important voice when it comes to the stadium. I wonder if anything changes now with the reported health issues.

49 minutes ago, boater said:

Everybody gets their beak wet, It's the WNY way.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, boater said:

The Fat Lady has not only sung, she recorded an album and went on tour.

The stadium deal is done. Sure, there may be more i's to dot and t's to cross, but nothing will derail this deal. It's done.

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/14/2022 at 10:11 AM, eball said:

Apologies if the answer to this question is buried somewhere within the thread...when are we to expect some renderings of the new digs?

October/November is what I've read as a likely timeframe. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/15/2022 at 2:43 PM, boater said:

I want to know what part of the CBA  will “benefit” me”?

Edited by BTB
  • Like (+1) 1

Trust BSF I have lived in Buffalo almost 55 years come December when I turn 55 years old. I have seen a lot over the years. The new Buffalo Bills stadium is a done deal because the public money is already committed when the New York State budget passed. A CBA is just a whole lot of nothing because both the city of Buffalo and Erie County is a whole lot of nothing today this was a New York State money deal all the way.

Buffalo and Erie County aren’t players anymore they haven’t been in a long long time they may think there players but there not because neither has enough money to build a Buffalo Bills a lemonade stand never mind something as big as a new NFL stadium today because both city of Buffalo are Erie County are broke. The way New York State wants them both broke and depended on the state for all the answers it is what it is we all just watch the dog and pony show but this stadium deal is a done deal in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan