New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

1 hour ago, Whkfc said:

https://www.audacy.com/wben/news/local/populous-designing-a-football-first-facility-for-bills-new-stadium

I pretty good write up on what we can expect and how Populous is approaching  designing the new staduim.

Scott Radecic is working at Populous and quoted in the article. Bills LB from ‘87-89.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Whkfc said:

https://www.audacy.com/wben/news/local/populous-designing-a-football-first-facility-for-bills-new-stadium

I pretty good write up on what we can expect and how Populous is approaching  designing the new staduim.

"We want them to feel like they're approaching a football game,"

that's exactly what NBC and Fox were saying before week 1 of USFL.....

9 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

“We want them to feel like they're approaching a football game.”

as opposed to…what?

I take away two things from that:

1. Cosmetic design on the outside that leans towards the old school gridiron type of mentality. Not flowy modern lines that make the building look like a spaceship. More Indy rather than LA.

2. The seating bowl will not be as gradual as most stadiums. It's going to be relatively steep, within reason, with the upper level also pushed in, bringing the fans close to the game (again, relatively speaking).

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I take away two things from that:

1. Cosmetic design on the outside that leans towards the old school gridiron type of mentality. Not flowy modern lines that make the building look like a spaceship. More Indy rather than LA.

2. The seating bowl will not be as gradual as most stadiums. It's going to be relatively steep, within reason, with the upper level also pushed in, bringing the fans close to the game (again, relatively speaking).

I’d have to agree, and am very happy to hear that hint. The counter example of stadium architecture is Arizona, which was actually designed by a pretty famous architect. But not one with a portfolio of stadium design. The Cardinals stadium doesn’t give you any sense at all of what’s inside. It’s just a big foil cylinder sitting in a big parking lot. (The architect says it’s supposed to look like a barrel cactus…but I have no idea why that’s a good thing.)

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’d have to agree, and am very happy to hear that hint. The counter example of stadium architecture is Arizona, which was actually designed by a pretty famous architect. But not one with a portfolio of stadium design. The Cardinals stadium doesn’t give you any sense at all of what’s inside. It’s just a big foil cylinder sitting in a big parking lot. (The architect says it’s supposed to look like a barrel cactus…but I have no idea why that’s a good thing.)

I live 5 mins from that stadium. I guess I can see a barrel cactus...but it got its nickname "the pin cushion" for good reason.

10 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I live 5 mins from that stadium. I guess I can see a barrel cactus...but it got its nickname "the pin cushion" for good reason.

Ha! Yes, true story, the architect wanted it to look like a barrel cactus. So it makes me chuckle every time I read on here someone who wants the Bills stadium to look like a chicken wing. I’m thinking a Beef on Weck sandwich would be way easier. 😂

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Ha! Yes, true story, the architect wanted it to look like a barrel cactus. So it makes me chuckle every time I read on here someone who wants the Bills stadium to look like a chicken wing. I’m thinking a Beef on Weck sandwich would be way easier. 😂

Igloo?

29 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I heard that nickname and thought it was from the seat.

Worst stadium I have been in and that includes WTF's Fed Up stadium.

19 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

No dome. Open faced Beef on Weck sandwich maybe.

If you’d like a hint at a possible aesthetic for the new Bills stadium you may want to Google images of the new Everton Football Club stadium. The Bramley Moore Dock stadium located along the waterfront in the blue collar city of Liverpool will seat 60,000 and features a conventional looking brick base, with a very contemporary roof covering all of the seats. Not designed by Populous but I guarantee they’re looking at it. Stadium design is a small world. There are only so many of them constructed.

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

If you’d like a hint at a possible aesthetic for the new Bills stadium you may want to Google images of the new Everton Football Club stadium. The Bramley Moore Dock stadium located along the waterfront in the blue collar city of Liverpool will seat 60,000 and features a conventional looking brick base, with a very contemporary roof covering all of the seats. Not designed by Populous but I guarantee they’re looking at it. Stadium design is a small world. There are only so many of them constructed.

Thanks...

https://www.google.com/search?q=Everton+Football+Club+stadium&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiA_YG1uL73AhVzlIkEHS7aB3wQ_AUoAnoECAIQBA&biw=1366&bih=617