New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

11 hours ago, vanhalen26 said:

And PSL seat fees will probably pay the owner share.  Hopefully they kick in.  This asset (owning the team) is appreciating by billions for them.

They are billionaires, they don't have to do anything. They can invest their money and float around on their yacht and never work a day in their life. The fact that they choose to work so hard for our community and have created thousands of jobs between all of their companies in the process is so admirable it's almost unfathomable. Nobody should ever talk poorly about the Pegula's for all they have done for Buffalo. If they weren't making money on the Bills they would probably be making much more with less work elsewhere and then we wouldn't have a team. Because of them we will never have to worry about that again

• Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

12 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Fantastic news for WNY and all Bills fans!  I was 4 years old at the first ever game in the Rockpile, made it to my seat in 1973 for the first ever game at Rich Stadium just before kickoff (which off course Mul-Key returns for a TD), and will God willing be there for the first ever game in the new stadium.  My grandchildren (if I have any) will be able to maintain the tradition of being Bills fans going to the games in Buffalo!!

Yep, I was thinking that after the 30 year lease is up, I’ll be 101 y/o when the next one opens.

or not..

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

Basically will be they wont break ground until summer next year

Salary cap is 200 million per year and NYS has a 10% salary tax right?

Someone do math on 20x30(years) its almost the entire public funding and thats not counting non player personell and tons of other things like sales tax on sales etc.

These are rough numbers, but let's try anyways...

Ny state outlay = 650 million

Lease term = 30 years

Eligible taxpayers in NY as of today = 14 million

Tax burden for each NY resident = approximately 2 dollars extra per year per taxpayer

Boy, let me grab my pitchforks to fight...nothing???

Edited by buffblue
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yep, I was thinking that after the 30 year lease is up, I’ll be 101 y/o when the next one opens.

or not..

How good was Bobby Chandler in Buffalo anyway? I'm 41 and don't have much to draw on for receiver pre Andre Reed...

28 minutes ago, buffblue said:

How good was Bobby Chandler in Buffalo anyway? I'm 41 and don't have much to draw on for receiver pre Andre Reed...

Where do I begin? 

Precision route runner (ala Beasley)

Glue fingertips (ala Diggs)

Toe-taping extraordinaire (ala Baryshnikov)

Outstanding blocker (ala Robert Woods)

Perfect PK holder (ala Frank Reich)

Ever reliable, regardless of injury (ala no one else)

Every smallish kid in WNY was “BOBBY CHANDLER!” when playing football in the neighborhood (ala me)

oh, and he’s a Slut! (ala @Gugny)

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, buffblue said:

These are rough numbers, but let's try anyways...

Ny state outlay = 650 million

Lease term = 30 years

Eligible taxpayers in NY as of today = 14 million

Approximate tax burden for each NY resident = approximately 2 dollars extra per year per taxpayer

Boy, let me grab my pitchforks to fight...nothing???

what is this I just heard about they can leave in 15 years if they pay for the demolition?

11 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

what is this I just heard about they can leave in 15 years if they pay for the demolition?

After 15 years in the new stadium, the amount the team would have to pay back to NYS and Erie County will start to decline.  If they move at any time during the lease they will ALSO have to pay to demolish the stadium.  All this, plus the NFL relocation fees means they ain't moving.

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

I just hope the stadium has a little character if it’s an outdoor facility. Three evenly spaced decks wrapped around the playing field is not what I am hoping for.

I agree.  Make the outside look like a chicken wing and have the hole in the roof look like a charging buffalo.

Apparently it will be a natural grass playing surface…It’s often suggested that natural grass surfaces are safer for the players, but are there statistical studies that back that up?  I know the old “Astro turf” was terrible, but I’d thought modern artificial turf was as safe as the real stuff….

10 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

PSLs will probably net somewhere between 50-100 million.  It's not nothing, but it's not covering the Pegulas share.  The 200$ million from the NFL is also a loan that the Pegulas need to pay back (I think I read it's supposed to come from away team ticket sales over the length of the deal.)

With all that said, I still very much wish ownership paid a bigger share and that NYS / Erie County (and taxpayers) paid less.

Yes, so that would be the other owners, not Pegula, paying the G4 back.  

10 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

Basically will be they wont break ground until summer next year

Salary cap is 200 million per year and NYS has a 10% salary tax right?

Someone do math on 20x30(years) its almost the entire public funding and thats not counting non player personell and tons of other things like sales tax on sales etc.

Players salary taxes are not new revenue for the state, yet this is a new expense for the state..  That money already goes into the general fund of the State.  You can't now say.. "oh it pays for itself".  That money is already spent on other things.