New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

I havent gone through the entire thread to see if someone did the math, but in case no one has...

The Cost for Erie County residents to keep the Bills in Buffalo:

$250,000,000 / roughly 650,000 tax payers = $384.62 each

Over 30 years, that is $12.82/year/taxpayer to keep the Bills and lock them in. I'd happily pay it.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I made a bad comment back in January and was rightly reminded and spanked because of the comment I made... This seems to be a fair deal for all... Lost in the conversation was I thought besides new stadium monies...upgrades at Key Bank Center would part of the overall package...

2 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

took that long cause it was a domed stadium

does not matter if its above ground or not.. your still building from the ground up.

Lol - It does matter.  Easier to do concrete forms in an excavation versus building steel frame and having to do steel superstructure then forms for seating etc.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I havent gone through the entire thread to see if someone did the math, but in case no one has...

The Cost for Erie County residents to keep the Bills in Buffalo:

$250,000,000 / roughly 650,000 tax payers = $384.62 each

Over 30 years, that is $12.82/year/taxpayer to keep the Bills and lock them in. I'd happily pay it.

Not the way to look at it.  Erie County's portion will be repaid entirely by stadium-related ticket, parking and related taxes.   That is, only the fans who go to the games will pay those taxes. 

https://www2.erie.gov/exec/index.php?q=press/poloncarz-details-erie-county-investment-new-buffalo-bills-agreement

1 minute ago, Shake_My_Head said:

Not the way to look at it.  Erie County's portion will be repaid entirely by stadium-related ticket, parking and related taxes.   That is, only the fans who go to the games will pay those taxes. 

https://www2.erie.gov/exec/index.php?q=press/poloncarz-details-erie-county-investment-new-buffalo-bills-agreement

Even better. My point then is, even worst case, folks are only paying >$13/year. Or just over $1/month. A trivial pittance when it means being able to keep our beloved team.

I'm just offering other perspectives because so many people online are overreacting to that "$850M" quoted number. And they feel like it's going to put them in the poor house. When in reality, folks wont even notice.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

I've been searching for audio from when he went nuts about all the public money spent downstate on the Nets, Mets, Islanders, Yankees, and Rangers/Knicks deals.

How could any Bills fan be unhappy?

Your taxes paid aren't going to change either way. We just get to keep our team here. We pay for tons of things that we don't even know/care about. 

He's not a fan unless there is a fantasy angle he can exploit

• Like (+1) 1

Here's the meta question for all you Jetsons'... come 2056... which one of you are going to genetically engineer a kid who is willing to spend $1.4 trillion to buy and keep the Bills in Buffalo... taking into consideration that Spacely Sprockets which use to own the air rights in OP was obtained by robotic Jerry Jones and his wife Rosie... forward thinking... just saying...

• Haha (+1) 5

2 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Construction costs are outrageous now.  Can’t go by a raw cost.  Needs to go by a some ratio.

Should have done this 6 or 7 years ago.  Would have saved hundreds of millions. 

Well if you want to go by "ratio", it's an even worse deal for the NY taxpayers.  The second most expensive public deal was the LV Raiders just opened stadium, where the public kicked in 750 and the Raiders put up 1.1 BILLION

Just now, sonyab1974 said:

I’m in shock! This is awesome!!! This is very ironic because people here said that they would never get one and to stop talking about it! Some people got upset. Well it’s happening!!! 😁

So you're saying we can get back to the re-sign Edmunds debate? Sweet!  Any thoughts there?

• Haha (+1) 1