New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

57 minutes ago, LanderPoke said:

It's amazing how these rich people don't have to pay for their stadiums

It is what societally we have decided is acceptable. If you look at the stadiums built with private money it was done because the value of ancillary development on or next to the stadium is worth more then having a public say. Unless nationally we decided that no public money can be contributed without proper payback or just none at all, any city that takes a stand risks losing their team. Professional sports teams especially the NFL are to many part of the fabric of their cities and most are not willing to give that up. In general it is a crappy equation that happens, but based off what I have read thus far even though the money is high there is no ridiculous increase in public revenue expected rather that it is just paid back. Some of the worst deals like Cincy's literally blead cities dry or come with expectations for tax income that never happen, because the state is taking a large share and has a 216 billion budget the impact is minimalized. It is also smart that the field will be designed to host soccer games.

35 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I mean looking at that chart, it suggests the stadium should be at least 65,000 seats, if not 68,000.  

I am not saying they should build an 80,000 seat stadium or anything, I am saying building the smallest seat stadium in the NFL makes no sense IMO.  Spending all this money and time for a stadium that has the least seats in the NFL is puzzling to me.  And I know they mentioned they could do another 5,000 standing, but that sucks...who wants to stand in the bad weather for 3 hours?  Especially if you had been tail gating all morning.  Do 3,000 more seats and make the standing area 2,000 people then.  

I mean talk about terrible tickets, lets stand on concrete for 3 hours in freezing weather after we tailgated for 3 hours.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean looking at that chart, it suggests the stadium should be at least 65,000 seats, if not 68,000.  

I am not saying they should build an 80,000 seat stadium or anything, I am saying building the smallest seat stadium in the NFL makes no sense IMO.  Spending all this money and time for a stadium that has the least seats in the NFL is puzzling to me.  And I know they mentioned they could do another 5,000 standing, but that sucks...who wants to stand in the bad weather for 3 hours?  Especially if you had been tail gating all morning.  Do 3,000 more seats and make the standing area 2,000 people then.  

I mean talk about terrible tickets, lets stand on concrete for 3 hours in freezing weather after we tailgated for 3 hours.  

Combine it with a full service massive bar and you will have many sign up for it. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, LanderPoke said:

It's amazing how these rich people don't have to pay for their stadiums

Be carful what you wish for. Assuming you're a football fan (and a Bills fan) you'd have to be ready to pay an awful lot to attend a game. Very few (if any) business models work with a building that is only used ten times a year. The longer the payments are spread out, and the more people they are spread out over; the cheaper ticket prices will be. I'm not sure why some fans don't understand this. A restaurant owner doesn't 'give' his customers a restaurant to eat in. He makes that investment back in the price of the meal.

My whole section stands for three hours anyway. I don’t hate the idea of general admission/standing room. With the right concourses and sight lines, I could see the appeal of wandering around the stadium all game long. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

All the newest stadiums have between 3,000 and 18,000 more seats than this new stadium.  So how is “smaller the way to go”?  No one else is doing “smaller”.  

And they added 600,000 more square feet as it is, there is plenty of room to move around and still keep your seating capacity up.  

We are literally building the smallest stadium in the NFL.  For the best and most engaged fan base in the league…one that sells out every home game.  

Im all for having more space to move around, but you can do that and still keep your capacity bigger than the smallest in the NFL.

Bills also have a lower average ticket price. Smaller capacity will bump that average up considerably. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Bills also have a lower average ticket price. Smaller capacity will bump that average up considerably. 

Yep.   With PSL's starting at $1,000 and averaging in the $4,000-$5,000 range, you remove a lot of the casual fan base, bumping down the need for 65,000-plus seats.

Edited by Shake_My_Head

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Also bad for fans...another reason I don't like building the smallest stadium in the NFL.

So you think a new stadium with a lager capacity would have cheap tickets?  I'm a season ticket holder, and it's a fantasy that we have no problem filling up the current stadium.  There are games that I can't give away my tickets.  With a new, expensive, stadium in this market- a lower capacity makes sense.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

How long ago was that lol 12-10years. That's equal cost at worst

finished in 2008 and was designed and agreed upon in 2006.  15 years ago.

Even Jerry's World is 12 years old and cost 1.3B.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Wonder what 350M+ from the pegulas means

Dome, 😂

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

It is money that does not go into the shared pool and is “payed back” by all of the Owners - not the Pegula’s themselves.

Since loans for other stadiums were funded by other teams this is only fair especially since this stadium was pressured by other owners especially the Axis of Evil: Dallass/WTF/Cheats.

11 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

So you think a new stadium with a lager capacity would have cheap tickets?  I'm a season ticket holder, and it's a fantasy that we have no problem filling up the current stadium.  There are games that I can't give away my tickets.  With a new, expensive, stadium in this market- a lower capacity makes sense.

I think people are forgetting that we were being made fun of for how long it took us to sell tickets to that Pats game, the first full attendance playoff game in Buffalo since 1995.

• Like (+1) 2