New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

Executive VP Ron Raccuia of PSE said that each season ticket will have a PSL attached.

30 year lease.

As their current naming partner, Highmark will hold right of first refusal for naming rights.

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Still don't understand the 2026 time frame. Is that worst case scenario? I feel like the stadium could/will be done before that, but what do I know 

I'd think everything would have to go right to complete a new stadium in time for August 2025. It's pretty rare to have a major project completed in two years. Weather alone could add months to a schedule. 

11 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

How Ralph knew OP would be the absolutely optimal place for a stadium back then AND 50 years from then, just uncanny. What are the odds?

Business wise Ralph was insanely good. Back in 2008 he and Mike Brown were the only two to vote against the CBA and the owners in retrospect realized he was right. Much the NFL you see today he had a role in. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, corta765 said:

Business wise Ralph was insanely good. Back in 2008 he and Mike Brown were the only two to vote against the CBA and the owners in retrospect realized he was right. Much the NFL you see today he had a role in. 

To be fair, If Cuomo/state wouldn't have baled when Pegulas first bought the team, the team would be DownTown. 

Congrats to all Bills fans especially those who live in the area. As a Bills fan in NJ I will get to the new stadium eventually. I just hope the hit to your wallets isn't too bad so that fans don't get priced out. It's nice to know the long term future of the Bills in WNY is secure. A special thanks to Ralph Wilson. Even in death he made sure the team would stay where it is.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

This is good news!

Without the dome, hopefully they design it, to somehow, keep the wind elements to a minimum.

They will. I heard the foundation design will try to factor in wind issues. Along with some type of overhang. This is great news.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1