Peter King trolls Miami fan's expectations following Tyreek trade

Inigo Montoya

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree but the scheme is dependant on doubling both the opposing DTs. That is why actually the right response is a bear front because then they don't have enough guys to block everyone on the line if they want to double the tackles.

That Niners game in 2020 was the only time I recall seeing Edmunds moved up on the LOS and it was one of his better games as a pro, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

"For those Miami fans revved up and thinking the Fins will be going toe-to-toe with the Bills for AFC East supremacy this year, I bring you this factoid:

Buffalo and Miami met three times in calendar year 2021 (including the final game of the 2020 season on Jan. 3, 2021). The Bills won by 30, 35 and 15 points, an average of 26.7 points per game. 

Maybe Tyreek Hill can add four touchdowns a game against the Bills."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/28/nfl-overtime-rule-tyreek-hill-trade-fmia-peter-king/?utm_int=Edge1248

Touche'

Mentioned it before but I heard a Vegas oddsmaker say this week that Tyreek Hill was worth +1.5 points on the spread.........as much as any player other than a QB.   

But, yeah.......that still leaves them 3 TD's,  2 conversions and a FG from the upset.;)

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

This move by Miami reminds me of the Bills two decades of suck when picking up a splash free agent would case “the turnaround.”  The NFL is a QB driven league and until and unless Tua proves he has the “stuff” this is just a window dressing move to hype up the fan base.

I agree, bro.

While I wouldn’t have wanted him to come to the AFC East, it still made me happy to see the Chiefs lose Hill. I don’t think it does enough for Miami to compete with us and it weakens KC.

Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, H2o said:

I think McDaniel is going to be more along the lines with the offense that you see in San Fran. Everything was predicated off of the running game. If the Dolphins can't run the ball against our front then it will all still fall on Tua. The guy cannot go toe-to-toe with JA. 

Have the Fins done enough with their OL to make that happen?

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I hate all the teams equally in the division, but the wins feel different for each one. 

Winning against the New York Jets is like a sigh of relief bc they suck and I don’t want to see the Bills give up an easy one.

Against the cheats, I feel more pumped up- like I could celebrate by running through a wall. 

But a win against Miami is joyful. I love beating that team cause it just feels good. I’m most pleased and giddy after squishing the fish. 

stopped Hating Miami years ago after the Bills became dominant over them. 

the Jets are pitiful and I can’t hate that. 

Now the Putz cheating bastards will be hated for at least a decade and more. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

This move by Miami reminds me of the Bills two decades of suck when picking up a splash free agent would case “the turnaround.”  The NFL is a QB driven league and until and unless Tua proves he has the “stuff” this is just a window dressing move to hype up the fan base.

Miami has been making these splash moves forever but for whatever reason being conservative at QB.

12 hours ago, Malazan said:

The scuttlebutt in Miami is that taking that job meant turning around Tua. There's a reason they took so long to hire someone and ended up with a 1 year coordinator lottery ticket as their HC. 

Now I believe strongly in Tua's ability to make Bridgewater the starter, but it's not an open competition 

The scuttlebutt is the owner pays the HC when they lose. 

5 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I hate all the teams equally in the division, but the wins feel different for each one. 

Winning against the New York Jets is like a sigh of relief bc they suck and I don’t want to see the Bills give up an easy one.

Against the cheats, I feel more pumped up- like I could celebrate by running through a wall. 

But a win against Miami is joyful. I love beating that team cause it just feels good. I’m most pleased and giddy after squishing the fish. 

My hate for the fish runs deep, thank you Bryan Cox.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

My hate for the fish runs deep, thank you Bryan Cox.

I had (have) a love / hate perspective of Bryan Cox. It was so much fun to see us beat him and the Bills Mafia ride him from the time he got off the bus until he got back on it, and then some. But he was also the best at giving right back--middle finger and all. He could dish it out, and he could take it. It was pure competitive entertainment. .... I wish they would have mic'd him up during a game at Rich Stadium. .... But I'm sure it would be nothing but bleaps the entire time. ..... Also, it feels like karma that his son is now a Buffalo Bill. I bet he loves the irony of that. ... Regardless, I, like you, still loath the fish. I hate how they destroyed us during the 1970s--I think we were 0-for the decade. Even with Tyreek, we'll still pound them. Our goal, take the 2020s!

22 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

I do not believe in Tua, who could drag the team down. However, we should not ignore Miami's somewhat significant improvements and gap has closed. Bills will still be favorites but losing to the Dolphins is not inconceivable.  

“That word, you keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means” …, 

😁👍

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

stopped Hating Miami years ago after the Bills became dominant over them. 

the Jets are pitiful and I can’t hate that. 

Now the Putz cheating bastards will be hated for at least a decade and more. 

Miami still owes me a decade for sitting through the 70s. f*** em thru 2029.

At the end of the day, they aren't significantly better in any one area than Buffalo, while the Bills remain dominant at the most important position in the sport.  I do think the Fish made some worthwhile additions in Hill, Edmonds and Mostert but those aren't going to be enough to make up for your lack of an elite QB1.  Bills win the east, wouldn't be surprised to see them split with Miami this year though, as I do have them as a wildcard team, and once you're in teams have proven time and time again, anything can happen... like getting 47 dropped on you at the Ralph.

If McDaniel is truly some sort of genius and savant the Dolphins will eventually find a way to beat the Bills soon even with mediorce QB play.

And obviously by hiring an offensive minded guy this time around they are doubling down on Tua and assuming that McDaniel can bring out the best in him like he did with Jimmy G in SF. If that happens and Tua does take another step still think the fish are right up there with the Bills as not only as potential division winners, but SB contenders.

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

If McDaniel is truly some sort of genius and savant the Dolphins will eventually find a way to beat the Bills soon even with mediorce QB play.

And obviously by hiring an offensive minded guy this time around they are doubling down on Tua and assuming that McDaniel can bring out the best in him like he did with Jimmy G in SF. If that happens and Tua does take another step still think the fish are right up there with the Bills as not only as potential division winners, but SB contenders.

You seem to forget that the Bills now have Von Miller. What will Tua's great improvement look like when he is on his backside all game?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

You seem to forget that the Bills now have Von Miller. What will Tua's great improvement look like when he is on his backside all game?

They did just back up the brinks truck for Armstead and got a Dallas cast off for their OL. It’s a different line at the very least which has only got to be an improvement for them. 

However we reshuffled our DL and added Miller so I still don’t like their odds.

• Agree 1

On 3/28/2022 at 9:46 AM, Inigo Montoya said:

"For those Miami fans revved up and thinking the Fins will be going toe-to-toe with the Bills for AFC East supremacy this year, I bring you this factoid:

Buffalo and Miami met three times in calendar year 2021 (including the final game of the 2020 season on Jan. 3, 2021). The Bills won by 30, 35 and 15 points, an average of 26.7 points per game. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/28/nfl-overtime-rule-tyreek-hill-trade-fmia-peter-king/?utm_int=Edge1248

Touche'

I think Hill will certainly help Miami but many have speculated that he’s going to miss catching passing from a threat like Mahomes. 

If Tua has to be game manager, Hill will help but he’s not going to be the same player.  It reminds me of when the Bills signed TO or Sammy to get the young QB over the hump

• Like (+1) 1

Hill could be a headache that doesn’t like the QB situation or the lack of touches if things don’t go as expected.  I think it could be expensive trouble for the Dolphins in the grand scheme.  We’ll see how it unfolds. 

On 3/28/2022 at 6:46 AM, Inigo Montoya said:

Touche'

I suppose if every game played this year is exactly like games played last year, yeah, he has a point. But it's really a ridiculous comment by a seasoned football writer. What if Hill gets to TD's in the first qtr, the whole game is changed. It's a huge signing , remember, Miami won 7 in a row last season and added quite a bit this offseason. Chase Edmunds is a very good RB.  Tua played well more often than not last year, they will be tough. Good thing we beefed up our defense.

On 3/29/2022 at 3:33 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Have the Fins done enough with their OL to make that happen?

I think Austin Jackson to Terron Armstead might be the biggest upgrade at a single spot that any team in the league has made this offseason. Can he stay healthy? That is the key question. Connor Williams is also an upgrade on what they had otherwise. I liked Liam Eichenburg a lot coming out. The Dolphins didn't manage his rookie year very well, starting him at guard, then flipping him to left tackle and now have decided to put him at right tackle. I think if they let him mature at that spot then he can be a very good starter. 

Is it good enough to be a line that supports a dominating run game? Remains to be seen. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.