Will Smith slaps Chris Rock at the Oscars

Big Blitz

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It didn't derail anything.  Everything about this screams fake.  So much to gain for so many people.

People who believe this crap is real are the same people who actually believe Stevie Wonder is blind.

Boggles my mind.

The ratings for these shows have been low in recent years. So I wouldn't be surprised if this was staged. Hollyweird is doing their best to get the regular people to tune in and watch them. 

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It didn't derail anything.  Everything about this screams fake.  So much to gain for so many people.

People who believe this crap is real are the same people who actually believe Stevie Wonder is blind.

Boggles my mind.

senor gugny I respectfully disagree and I'll tell you why. There is evidence of previous shade being thrown by CR at Jada at a previous academy awards ceremony. I honestly don't think CR said that joke expecting any overt reaction more than a few snickers and under breath laughter then moving on to the next gag. Alopecia is a medical term many men experience, isn't that the condition that causes baldness? Maybe not Im not sure. But noone would ever make a bald head reference against a man. But Jada is female with a shaved head look which is rare.....a physical gag joke it was, her haircut is similar to a male marine for example..........I honestly dont think either of them are at a place in their career where they even NEED such a debacle for profit or gain.

jmo

11 hours ago, Rico said:

Of the 10 nominated for Best Picture, I did see Dune (because Dune), Licorice Pizza (PT Anderson), Nightmare Alley (Del Toro), and West Side Story(Spielberg). Liked them all but WSS, I would say Licorice Pizza was the best. The other 6 I have no time for.

Nightmare Alley being set and partially filmed in Buffalo was pretty cool. 

And King Richard was really good for a biopic. Much better than I thought it was going to be. 

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

Nightmare Alley being set and partially filmed in Buffalo was pretty cool. 

And King Richard was really good for a biopic. Much better than I thought it was going to be. 

I think the only tennis match I ever watched was Billie Jean King vs. Bobby Riggs. Venus, Serena, and their dad don’t interest me at all.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rico said:

I think the only tennis match I ever watched was Billie Jean King vs. Bobby Riggs. Venus, Serena, and their dad don’t interest me at all.

It's not a movie about tennis. It's a movie about striving for excellence no matter what cards you were dealt or where you come from. 

I wouldn't write off The Pursuit of Happiness because I'm not interested in a movie about brokerage internships or the Queen's Gambit because I'm not interested in chess.

Anyway, I thought it was a fascinating movie about how two young black girls growing up in Compton, CA in the 90's where able to become the best tennis players in the world because of the obsession of their odd ball father.

42 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Toss in I don't think they would have edited it off if they wanted it to be shown. 

I don't believe it was staged.  In my broadcast it was edited out with an Oscar logo, but that may have been my local Albany station doing that since I've read stories where the person sounds like they saw it live.  So did some see it live & others didn't?  At the time I had no idea what happened and had to find out after the show on the internet.  

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

I don't believe it was staged.  In my broadcast it was edited out with an Oscar logo, but that may have been my local Albany station doing that since I've read stories where the person sounds like they saw it live.  So did some see it live & others didn't?  At the time I had no idea what happened and had to find out after the show on the internet.  

I saw it as it happened.  The Oscars logo went up as Smith continued to shout at Rock once he was back in his seat on my feed.

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

I saw it as it happened.  The Oscars logo went up as Smith continued to shout at Rock once he was back in his seat on my feed.

My TV froze before Smith got on the stage.  The odds that my TV had a glitch right at that moment are pretty low.  Now I don't know if it was my local station or Verizon doing the censoring, but I never saw the slap because my TV was frozen.  

12 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I have no problem with Old School. It’s how issues like this have been resolved since we 1st ventured out of the cave. Only this generation of mixed up sexes seems to disapprove.

Chris Rock was literally paid to go on stage and make fun of the celebrities in the front rows.  It's not ok to go on stage and slap a comedian for a mild joke. She has short hair FFS, not cancer. 

Would you have been upset if he punched Amy Schumer for making fun of Will for his wife cheating on him?  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

You really think this is going to derail Will Smith's career?  Common man.  

This is a golden opportunity for Chris Rock, Will Smith and his wife.

Chris Rock is emerging from this in a hell of a lot better shape than Will Smith.

Although, seriously, who the hell cares about any of it?!

LOL

• Agree 1

On a semi-related note, and to tie it into sports, this is why I’m not a jersey guy. You never know who looks OK on the surface, but is really a nut job beneath the surface. I’d have to burn my expensive Will Smith jersey today. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.