Will Smith slaps Chris Rock at the Oscars

Big Blitz

3 minutes ago, LeviF said:

If it wasn't a staged event, it's a very public look at Will Smith trying to salvage some of his ego after his wife has very publicly cheated on him and probably pined for a dead 2pac for 25 years. He's extremely angry at her but cannot express it at her since he's supposed to pretend, like the rest of these demoniacs, that it's "normal" and that he should be fine with it.

If it wasn't staged it was the only truly human moment we've seen from a celeb at a major event in some time.

this is exactly where i'm at with it.  

3 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

It looked completely staged.  Chris Rock leaned into it and didn't even flinch.  Will Smith looked very choreographed in his slap motion.

Definitely not staged.  He leaned into it?  He leaned away from the hit..

11 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

LIGHTS .... CAMERAS ... ACTION

I expect a Will Smith/Chris Rock movie to be hitting HBO this summer.

I expect Chris Rock will be using this is in his comedy routines for years to come. Hard to feel sorry for any of these celebs who have 100 million in the bank. They all live in a fantasy world and not the real world like the rest of us.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, HeHateMe said:

Why would this be staged?  It ruined the entire flow/vibe of the show, everyone comes across looking bad.. there was no punchline or joke anywhere...

It was staged for the same reason Steve Harvey announcing the wrong Miss Universe winner was staged.

When's the last time the Oscars were what everyone was talking about?  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

It was staged for the same reason Steve Harvey announcing the wrong Miss Universe winner was staged.

When's the last time the Oscars were what everyone was talking about?  

Are you serious?

This completely overshadowed a career achievement by Smith... no one is talking about anything besides the slap.  Also takes a way from all of the other winners in what should be a spotlight on their career moment as well.  Makes no sense.  

Rock was flubbing his lines afterwards and could barely speak coherently..  Smith was sobbing and getting consoled by others.    

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I expect Chris Rock will be using this is in his comedy routines for years to come. Hard to feel sorry for any of these celebs who have 100 million in the bank. They all live in a fantasy world and not the real world like the rest of us.

Yes, Chris Rock is the big winner and Will Smith is the big loser here.

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Are you serious?

This completely overshadowed a career achievement by Smith... no one is talking about anything besides the slap.  Also takes a way from all of the other winners in what should be a spotlight on their career moment as well.  Makes no sense.  

Rock was flubbing his lines afterwards and could barely speak coherently..  Smith was sobbing and getting consoled by others.    

They are actors.

Attention is the goal.

Mission accomplished.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

They are actors.

Attention is the goal.

Mission accomplished.

The Academy... so desperate to get the Oscars to trend on twitter, tells Smith to completely derail his career achievement and slap Chris Rock in the face in order to defend his Wife's hurt feelings over a joke about her appearance and to bring awareness to female alopecia..

Just now, HeHateMe said:

The Academy... so desperate to get the Oscars to trend on twitter, tells Smith to completely derail his career achievement and slap Chris Rock in the face in order to defend his Wife's hurt feelings over a joke about her appearance and to bring awareness to female alopecia..

You really think this is going to derail Will Smith's career?  Common man.  

This is a golden opportunity for Chris Rock, Will Smith and his wife.

• Agree 1

oh my goodness what a debacle. I think Will Smith lost his mind and reacted in a way he has/will live to  regret. Not due to he slapping Chris Rock, but the memes and carryover will be overshadowing of alll the iconic work he possesses on his resume. THIS will be a leading fact on his resume for the rest of his career I really think so. I mean just for the visibiity factor alone...The Academy Awards fcol? Janet Jackson anyone?....her snafu will never be forgotten either same reasons (super bowl)

as regarding Jada her eyeroll would have been enough news/gossip on her part forget her husbands reaction. Very rarely do you see a "real" negative reaction from a  star. When men pop off in violence even if no charges are ever filed (they are reporting CR won't be filing any) it isn't going to end well. ...Will.......dude.....T H I N K  man I mean yeah it was a joke.  There are tons of physical conditions where low blows in the past were allowed and now are not acceptable in society (fat jokes, sexual gender jokes, etc.)   .Is anyone shocked this did happen?  I am frankly. Who would have thought anyone would react walking up to an academy awards presenter, slapping/punching whatever and the heckling from the aggressor...WTAF did I just see? *******

On 3/28/2022 at 7:51 AM, Gugny said:

I don't think derail...more than anything in my opinion embarrass.......Will will be fine, his wife too, Chris Rock too...But it's a stain.

Edited by muppy

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Read what I wrote, "career achievement".. Not career.

Will Smith looks like a psycho, and is obviously not right with all that has gone on with his Wife cheating on him.  This will be meme'd to death forever.

Just now, HeHateMe said:

Read what I wrote, "career achievement".. Not career.

Will Smith looks like a psycho, and is obviously not right with all that has gone on with his Wife cheating on him.  This will be meme'd to death forever.

It didn't derail anything.  Everything about this screams fake.  So much to gain for so many people.

People who believe this crap is real are the same people who actually believe Stevie Wonder is blind.

Boggles my mind.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.