Will Smith slaps Chris Rock at the Oscars

Big Blitz

I, for one am completely over Will Smith and his precious self-entitled family.  I wish they would just F-off and fall into a crevasse.  (Especially his stupid balding wife.)

For him to have the sheer audacity to then turn around and talk about "being a vessel for love" and all that BS just makes me want to hurl. (and punch him and his stupid balding wife in the face.)

Vessel of love...

Edited by Bad Things
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bad Things said:

I, for one am completely over Will Smith and his precious self-entitled family.  I wish they would just F-off and fall into a crevasse.  (Especially his stupid balding wife.)

For him to have the sheer audacity to then turn around and talk about "being a vessel for love" and all that BS just makes me want to hurl. (and punch him and his stupid balding wife in the face.)

Vessel of love...

Sounds like he is going to be expelled or suspended from attending future Oscar's. I personally don't care as I never watch that crap but on the news this morning they said he was asked to leave. He refused to leave and that's when the suspension talk came up. Again I don't care as I won't watch any of this Hollyweird crap. Just what was on the news this morning.

• Like (+1) 1

Chris Rock played Boston last night. I was going to see Sparks at a theater across the street from where he was performing. There was so many TV trucks and camera crews on the street, you'd think the president was going to do a press conference. :lol:  They were still out there after the Sparks concert.

277580440_10229384758429991_428958904956

• Like (+1) 1

The more I hear and see of this incident, the more I think there wasn't an issue until Jada told will there's an issue, then he had to play tough guy. I was never a Will Smith fan. He always seemed like a phony nice guy to me, similar vibe to Taylor Swift. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Who's Tom Green?

I guess I was living his message before his message.  😆 

Famous comedian back in the mid 1990s, was once married to Drew Barrymore.  Now he’s living the simple life.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Famous comedian back in the mid 1990s, was once married to Drew Barrymore.  Now he’s living the simple life.  

I always get him mixed up with the slob that was married to Roseanne.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

u know what warcodered, keeping up with this story now that will smith has resigned from the academy and is in his words "heartbroken. Im not about trying to increase anyones heartache by belaboring this topic ad infinitum. He is paying a price and he tainted himself. That's enough penalty for me ya know? IMO he can expect people to spoof and make jokes to lighten the freakin mood and just let this topic GO.... This is a hollywood debacle over a bad joke whipty doodle doo SMH Im kind of over it. Let the man have some peace. Will smith had temporary insanity, lost his fool mind and in an instant his life is changed. Im through judging him or it beyond that .....noone is perfect.  how many seconds of his life does he wish he could take back eh?

alll of it from the moment he left his seat.

@-@

but we need to keep the humor going it will help defuse this and Lord knows we all could use some laughs these days.

Edited by muppy

14 minutes ago, muppy said:

u know what warcodered, keeping up with this story now that will smith has resigned from the academy and is in his words "heartbroken. Im not about trying to increase anyones heartache by belaboring this topic ad infinitum. He is paying a price and he tainted himself. That's enough penalty for me ya know? IMO he can expect people to spoof and make jokes to lighten the freakin mood and just let this topic GO.... This is a hollywood debacle over a bad joke whipty doodle doo SMH Im kind of over it. Let the man have some peace. Will smith had temporary insanity, lost his fool mind and in an instant his life is changed. Im through judging him or it beyond that .....noone is perfect.  how many seconds of his life does he wish he could take back eh?

@-@

but we need to keep the humor going it will help defuse this and Lord knows we all could use some laughs these days.

Actions like this should have consequences to them.

Him being "heartbroken" means nothing.  He resigned from the Academy because he knew he was going to be added to the very short list of people who have been kicked out, and decided to quit before he was "fired".

I'm normally not one at all to believe in "cancel culture", but this one may be the exception.  

1 minute ago, Bad Things said:

Actions like this should have consequences to them.

Him being "heartbroken" means nothing.  He resigned from the Academy because he knew he was going to be added to the very short list of people who have been kicked out, and decided to quit before he was "fired".

I'm normally not one at all to believe in "cancel culture", but this one may be the exception.  

I get what you are saying. It models Very bad behavior and was a horrible look to be soo amplified in our culture right now from the vast visibility..... If it serves a cautionary deterrent tale to someone all the better ya know? I guess that's where I'm at. Just rather see something positive come from it bottom line.

32 minutes ago, muppy said:

@-@

I am so confused by your post.  So are we to keep poking fun at the situation bc we all could use a good laugh right now, or just let it go because Will Smith is sad?  Also what does “ad infinitum” and “whipty doodle doo” mean?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I am so confused by your post.  So are we to keep poking fun at the situation bc we all could use a good laugh right now, or just let it go because Will Smith is sad?  Also what does “ad infinitum” and “whipty doodle doo” mean?

to your first question: more so the first less the second. Im attempting to be empathetic and let it go.... ad infinitum to me means like a clanging cymbal basically to the point of boredom...to me the media will keep this story going on and on for the clicks....... and you have never heard the expression whipty doo? Take your index finger and rotate it in circles .....I didnt think Chris Rocks joke was THAT offensive basically...yeah I realize the slap is the focus of most of the uproar ....Im going to unplug from this story but thats just me.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.