Where will Arch Manning land in 23?

major

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t live far from there and have been there in general (I love it btw) but never to a game. WVU needs to join the Big Ten. 

So does Pitt.

Imagine Penn State-Pitt as a conference game.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure how much they are "floundering." I don't know, maybe they are but I saw what Sarkisian did at Alabama and he really did a tremendous job. If I recall, he was even very helpful in recruiting Bryce Young. 

I have missed on many QBs (not Josh Allen lol) so I am probably dead wrong, but; I fail to see anything special in Manning. In fact, I did not want the Tide to sign him. They already have 3 qbs who I consider very solid.

The kid that I am really interested in is Ryan Downes at IMG because there is a slight family connection. The kid is huge and brilliant. He is an incoming sophmore and I'm really looking forward to see what he can do.

With what is clearly an annual majority migration of top college prospects to the SEC, them pulling a sort of LIV golf maneuver on the NCAA and splinter off to reap more of their own rewards must be alluring to them, as they could easily stand on their own with their soon to be 16 teams.

On 6/24/2022 at 12:47 PM, I am the egg man said:

With what is clearly an annual majority migration of top college prospects to the SEC, them pulling a sort of LIV golf maneuver on the NCAA and splinter off to reap more of their own rewards must be alluring to them, as they could easily stand on their own with their soon to be 16 teams.

Manning wouldn't be playing in the SEC until his Junior year.

On 6/25/2022 at 12:07 PM, YoloinOhio said:

They have Quinn Ewers too… and Maalik Murphy…

I thought Ewers was going to be lighting it up at OSU...

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Manning wouldn't be playing in the SEC until his Junior year.

I thought Ewers was going to be lighting it up at OSU...

He lit up his wallet by reclassifying so he could be eligible for NIL, but got to Columbus way too late - Mid august, then got covid, went home for awhile, etc - to have an opportunity to play any meaningful snaps on 2021. Then he knew he wasn’t unseating Stroud this year so he left. 

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He lit up his wallet by reclassifying so he could be eligible for NIL, but got to Columbus way too late - Mid august, then got covid, went home for awhile, etc - to have an opportunity to play any meaningful snaps on 2021. Then he knew he wasn’t unseating Stroud this year so he left. 

Why Texas though?  It's not QB school.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He is from there and was originally committed there before he flipped to Ohio state. Also Sark offense is a big draw for QBs

lol  you said he went to OSU because QBs like to play for Ryan Day!

Sark was a dud last year--his season included a loss to the Kansas (1-8) Mens basketball team (56-57)...at home.  Herman (another Broyles Award winner) had  4 Bowl wins in 4 seasons---and they fired him.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol  you said he went to OSU because QBs like to play for Ryan Day!

Sark was a dud last year--his season included a loss to the Kansas (1-8) Mens basketball team (56-57)...at home.  Herman (another Broyles Award winner) had  4 Bowl wins in 4 seasons---and they fired him.

Yes, Qbs do like to play for Ryan Day. However, he wasn’t going to play as soon as he wanted.

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Will he play as soon as he wants at Texas? Will Manning?

No one knows who will win the job or how good either of them are or will turn out to be. I believe they were both considered 100.0 (perfect) prospects in recruiting rankings. Both have red flags though.

53 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No one knows who will win the job or how good either of them are or will turn out to be. I believe they were both considered 100.0 (perfect) prospects in recruiting rankings. Both have red flags though.

It always seems odd to me that too QB recruits with NFL aspirations would head to schools like Texas and OSU.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.