Where will Arch Manning land in 23?

major

Texas would be a mistake IMO. Sarkisian can recruit but he didn't win at Washington, he was a mess at USC, he was bad with the Falcons and got fired from there and then went to Alabama and had all the players someone could ever ask for.  Texas' brand isn't great right now, they were 5-7 last year, and they aren't going to be super patient.  Lots of potential for turmoil and turnover not to mention unnecessary abuse playing behind a lesser o-line. Why put up with that when you can call any school in the country and call your shot?

Georgia would make a lot of sense to me apart from Stetson Bennett. Manning is probably better than him but I'd be surprised if they kicked him to the curb after winning the first National Championship in a generation.

I hope he ends up at Ole Miss (my youngest daughter is a student there) but I doubt he follows in his uncle's/grandpa's footsteps.

Texas would be a mistake IMO, they have been a non-factor for a decade and even my Pokes (Oklahoma State) has dominated the Longhorns for over 10 years now (6-1 in Austin the last seven meetings and 8-4 the L12 overall)... so if you can't beat OSU with OSU's 3-4 star recruits with half the athletic budget... you're doing something wrong. Texas has problems that go beyond their coaching staff(s). 

I'm going to guess UGA or Alabama. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/28/2022 at 9:08 AM, ArdmoreRyno said:

I'm going to guess UGA or Alabama

Maybe. Saban seems to really want him. Right now they have a sophmore who looks good (Jalen Milroe) and a 5 Star Freshman who looks great (Ty Simpson). Simpson reminds me of a bit of a bigger Doug Flutie with a better arm. He isn't as much of a runner as he is a scrambler.  He graduated early and came to Tuscaloosa a couple of months ago and is already working out. 

I can't think of any possible way that Bryce Young will be back in 2023 so it will be interesting.

What current Coach has close ties to the family?   If Cutcliffe was at a better program I think he'd have a lock on him, but with Duke being so far away from Louisiana I dont see it happening.

My money is on Ole Miss or Alabama.   Ole Miss has the history with the family, Kiffin has NFL bloodlines, and is a former QB, makes a lot of sense.  However, Alabama is still close to the family and I am not sure he is going to get better coaching anywhere else in the NCAA.  

18 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

What current Coach has close ties to the family?   If Cutcliffe was at a better program I think he'd have a lock on him, but with Duke being so far away from Louisiana I dont see it happening.

My money is on Ole Miss or Alabama.   Ole Miss has the history with the family, Kiffin has NFL bloodlines, and is a former QB, makes a lot of sense.  However, Alabama is still close to the family and I am not sure he is going to get better coaching anywhere else in the NCAA.  

The problem with Ole Miss is connecting to Eli which unfair to Arch as am sure he wants to establish his own legacy. Alabama is good but not sure I see the Mannings meshing with Nick Saban. Georgia feels just right to me. 

On 4/7/2022 at 4:22 PM, wppete said:

Kansas Jayhawks 

About as likely as my Grambling State lol

9 hours ago, Augie said:

Nobody guessing UB? 

:)

If he goes to UB, I will personally go down to the Amazon, capture an anaconda and bring it to the season opener. I will ride it out of the tunnel during the charge. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Some decent genes in that family…

It's called vast resources 

Peyton and Eli and Cooper grew up the son of an NFL quarterback.. they went to the best camps and got the best training their entire lives 

Their kids also grew up around great NFL quarterbacks.. went to all the best camps since they were children.. had the best training and development

It's really not a shocker that they're further developed in the quarterbacking skills earlier than most... Quarterback is the one position you really can groom 

It's hard to build a Bo Jackson

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's called vast resources 

Peyton and Eli and Cooper grew up the son of an NFL quarterback.. they went to the best camps and got the best training their entire lives 

Their kids also grew up around great NFL quarterbacks.. went to all the best camps since they were children.. had the best training and development

It's really not a shocker that they're further developed in the quarterbacking skills earlier than most... Quarterback is the one position you really can groom 

It's hard to build a Bo Jackson

It doesn’t happen to a lot of other NFL QB families does it though…

Particularly not three times …

Edited by Aussie Joe

10 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

It doesn’t happy to a lot of other NFL QB families does it though…

Particularly not three times …

Just because you played quarterback in the NFL, doesn't mean your kids want to follow in the same steps

The Manning's are a football family..  all of the kids are quarterbacks

There's not a lot of NFL families where the kids are groomed to be quarterbacks like their parents.. Kelly groomed his nephew Chad, and he was a five-star recruit.. and potential early round draft pick before all the off field issues 

The griese family sent father son to the League 

Not all NFL players try to create NFL families.. like The barbers or Mannings or gronkowski's, or longs etc...  

This all starts with Archie... Tom Brady's not out there grooming his kid to be a quarterback .. Archie created a football family

Edited by Buffalo716

18 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Just because you played quarterback in the NFL, doesn't mean your kids want to follow in the same steps

The Manning's are a football family..  all of the kids are quarterbacks

There's not a lot of NFL families where the kids are groomed to be quarterbacks like their parents.. Kelly groomed his nephew Chad, and he was a five-star recruit.. and potential early round draft pick before all the off field issues 

The griese family sent father son to the League 

Not all NFL players try to create NFL families.. like The barbers or Mannings or gronkowski's, or longs etc...  

This all starts with Archie... Tom Brady's not out there grooming his kid to be a quarterback .. Archie created a football family

The Mannings have done something that is unique…this is the fourth on the way….

There is a lot more to it than “vast resources” otherwise it would happen more frequently ..

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.