The Buffalo Bills are the best team in the NFL

Success

Myself? I buy this mag every year, it’s a program for every team in the league after FA and the draft. While it’s very well written I make my own opinions…..I don’t know what really happened in FA except for the bills…so I can’t really make an intelligent decision until I read it thru…. Like SD….er, I mean the chargers…..They have to be really loaded don’t they?

We have gaping holes at G and corner….and I think we need another good outside WR….plus IDK what Diggs is going to do?

Now if we kept Bates extended Stephon and sign Joe Haden I’d know we could finish the team in the draft….

We could go: WR, CB, OL, CB, OL, P, LB,….. that sounds like a pretty good team. Though I still have huge questions about the defense…..The young ends still have to make big jumps. The 3 DTs we signed havta both; shutdown the run and push the pocket very well….If Ed is doubled, the other DT has to win. That didn’t happen much last year….Even if it did those guys are gone.

Then the outside corner jobs are up in the air….We might have lots of shoulder shrugging….

I don't care if we're the best team on paper. All I care about is seeing Josh hoist a Lombardi. The best NFL team doesn't neccessary will it all every year. Someday we'll ask our defense to make a heroic stop in a SB.  We never saw it in the 90's and we've yet to see it in recent playoff games against Houston or KC.  As good as our offense has been historically,  it's always been the defense that let's us down. Maybe Von is that final piece that was missing?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Success said:

Well, we've only had the best team for a few weeks.

So, there's that.

I disagree.  I think it’s been more than a couple months.  We just didn’t win….as often happens in the nfl

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

The Broncos defense was 3rd in points allowed, 8th in yards allowed and 6th in passer rating allowed.

Russell, Davonte Williams, Sutton, Jeudy and Patrick.  Don't be fooled.  They're primed and ready.

Denver-based and watched them more than any team than the Bills. I respectfully disagree. Jeudy took a step back last year and looked kind of lost at times, Tim Patrick is just a guy. Sutton is nice granted but they also lost Noah Fant who was supposed to be their offensive future just two seasons ago.  I don't think they're primed and ready, I think they have tons of guys that need to prove themselves and they could easily be as mediocre as it gets. They don't have the same roster on paper as LA, KC, or even Vegas in my opinion.

11 hours ago, Success said:

I just wanted to write this, after 20 years of being nothing.  It took drafting the best QB of his class, in the most hyped class in years, and a GM to put the pieces in place around him.

I don't think it's disputable, nor do I think it's a slam dunk verdict.  But on paper, the Bills are the best team in the league right now. The best offense, and a TRUE #1 defense - not the flimsy kind of #1 we had last year.

Obviously, the pressure is on now.  Being the best on paper isn't something that goes down in the history books. They have to cash in w/ the Lombardi.

But we are the best.  I just wanted to take a moment to say it & appreciate it.  We can beat anyone.

A very fair opinion.

Probably true last year too, by the end of the year.

I’m excited as well, but they haven’t done anything yet.  Last year everyone thought the Bucs had the most talented team, and the Rams beat them in the playoffs.

Im just looking forward to the draft.  We definitely don’t need 9 picks.  5 might make the team.  I say bundle and look for trade partners where en possible.  CB, WR, G, and a bunch of depth.

13 hours ago, boater said:

Yeah. But our secondary is officially 2nd rate. Process that.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but the Bills are a pick away from having arguably the best secondary in the league, especially if they had a Haden-type veteran also. 

13 hours ago, Success said:

I just wanted to write this, after 20 years of being nothing.  It took drafting the best QB of his class, in the most hyped class in years, and a GM to put the pieces in place around him.

I don't think it's disputable, nor do I think it's a slam dunk verdict.  But on paper, the Bills are the best team in the league right now. The best offense, and a TRUE #1 defense - not the flimsy kind of #1 we had last year.

Obviously, the pressure is on now.  Being the best on paper isn't something that goes down in the history books. They have to cash in w/ the Lombardi.

But we are the best.  I just wanted to take a moment to say it & appreciate it.  We can beat anyone.

Very impressed with Beane's free agent signings,  only position that I see as major weakness and hole right now is the CB. We don't know what White will look like when he returns and they need to add more speed at that position. 

13 hours ago, TBBills said:

I hate paper b.c it can get wet and rip easily.

Or easily flushed down the toilet 

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

just gonna drop this little gem right here..

Showing part of the keyboard???

the dude needs to learn how to turn the phone sideways.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

I think it’s real hard to put out and definitives at this stage of the off season.  Probably more questions than answers.  
We should see a better pass rush than last year.

They may be a mismatch nightmare especially with Knox and a renewed OJ Howard + the original compliment of wide receivers.

But the questions, that I don’t think anyone can answer, include:

1.) Love him or hate him for the outbursts, but Beasley was a great outlet receiver, and excellent at finding the soft holes in a zone defense. Will Crowder develop a similar chemistry with Josh Allen?

2.) How good will the interior of the line be? Looks like the Bills will be missing 2 starters from the interior of the line. It was playing very well and the end of the season. Remember earlier in the season when Allen seemed to be running for his life on every drop back, and the RBs were getting hit in the backfield? Most people wanted to run Ford out of town, and now he may be penciled in as the starter again.

3.) BOTH previous starting cornerbacks may not be there on opening day. Who knows what the recovery time for White might be, and at what level he can play at when he returns.  Even if current players on the roster can fill in, what kind of depth to you have at that position for nickel and dime defenses (not to mention injuries)

4.) Any of the rumors about Diggs being unhappy true? Could affect his performance and the atmosphere in the locker.

We may not get they answers to a lot of these question until the clock shows zeros on the first game. But we certainly won’t know here at the end of March.

They were the best team last year as well. The two best teams in the conference were still the Bills and the Chiefs. But any given Sunday as they say. Any given Sunday in the regular season lead to the Bills and Chiefs facing off in the Divisional round rather than a later meeting in the Conference Championship game. That allowed the Bengals to only have to knock off one of the top two teams instead of both to advance to the Super Bowl. 

This year the Bills need to not screw around in the regular season and lock up the #1 seed. They are not the best team by a wide margin but they have the best opportunity to lock up the #1 seed by a wide margin.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Success said:

I think Bills were probably the best team in football last season but their coach is a coward at heart and cost the team a chance to win it all.

This year the Bills are once again a top team but there’s so much talent in the AFC that it’s tough to say that the Bills are clearly #1. I think Cinci is better tbh.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.