The Buffalo Bills are the best team in the NFL

Success

It's not a homer statement, though. Before the Hill trade, I would have said KC.

What other team is at the Bills' level?  I can say KC, Cincy, Denver, the Bucs, the Rams - but no one is quite as good. We would be favored in all of those games.

Just now, Success said:

It's not a homer statement, though. Before the Hill trade, I would have said KC.

What other team is at the Bills' level?  I can say KC, Cincy, Denver, the Bucs, the Rams - but no one is quite as good. We would be favored in all of those games.

Don't worry, you're right. We're probably the best. 

There's a subset of fans that are deeply uncomfortable with being the best. They'll make you think it's because we haven't won a SB, but in truth they would poo poo on that too somehow. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, McBean said:

We’re not the best team because of our HC.

If it was someone different, probably yeah but McClappy Isn’t taking us to where we wanna go.

Hope I’m wrong.

McDermott and Beane embrace a growth mindset, and so far both have shown that growth. I don’t see any reason to believe McDermott won’t learn and grow from what happened in the playoffs. For instance, consider Andy Reid (one of McDermotts mentors), he struggled in the post season/Super Bowl early on with the Eagles. There was narratives that he couldn’t win it all. 

How many coaches do you think could have turned us into a playoff team in the 2017 season? Especially when everyone thought we were talking. McDermott might not be the best coach in the game yet, but he is certainly better than most, and it’s no given that a new coach would be better. 

Is the 13 seconds your only reason for not having faith in McDermott? Or do you have other reasons? Who would you want as the coach, a realistic option? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I think it is premature to label the Bills the best team in the NFL just yet, personally. But it is great that the Bills are even in that conversation.

It's what I have been waiting for my entire life, actually. I'm in my early 30's, so the last time the Bills were good was when I was too young to really understand.

26 minutes ago, McBean said:

If it was someone different, probably yeah but McClappy Isn’t taking us to where we wanna go.

Hope I’m wrong.

Don't worry. You are wrong.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, without a drought said:

What? They have the worst punter, no cb's, no top tier rb, Diggs doesn't want to be here, the coach sucks, no speed, they have Edmunds and no dome.

I might have missed a few but I'm so mad now, I can't even think.

So excessively negative.. You're exaggerating the RB situation, wrong on Diggs, wrong on McD.. and the dome is just a stupid viewpoint. You're so angry.. during the off season, do you need a Xanax?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tanoros said:

McDermott and Beane embrace a growth mindset, and so far both have shown that growth. I don’t see any reason to believe McDermott won’t learn and grow from what happened in the playoffs. For instance, consider Andy Reid (one of McDermotts mentors), he struggled in the post season/Super Bowl early on with the Eagles. There was narratives that he couldn’t win it all. 

How many coaches do you think could have turned us into a playoff team in the 2017 season? Especially when everyone thought we were talking. McDermott might not be the best coach in the game yet, but he is certainly better than most, and it’s no given that a new coach would be better. 

Is the 13 seconds your only reason for not having faith in McDermott? Or do you have other reasons? Who would you want as the coach, a realistic option? 

He just wants blood. If you think there's any thought process behind his words, you'll be disappointed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Success said:

But on paper, the Bills are the best team in the league right now. The best offense, and a TRUE #1 defense - not the flimsy kind of #1 we had last year.

I think this is actually wrong.  ON PAPER - to me the best ROSTER in the league is Cincinnati.  You can make the case that the rosters of the Bengals, Chargers, and maybe even the Broncos have a better roster.  On paper.  

And because our current #1 CB is coming off an ACL tear with no time table to return we cannot definitively make this case.  

However, we believe we have the BEST TEAM because it's core has grown together and been through the battles over 3 straight playoff trips.  It's experienced where other teams are not (Chargers) It's developed trust where other teams (Cleveland) have not.  

But most importantly I think many feel this way about the team because we have THE BEST PLAYER at the best position in Josh Allen.  He's become a force of nature.  

I see the moves being made this off season and honestly I've been a little stunned at still being Vegas' number 1 in odds to win the SB.  That has to be because they are realizing this fact to.  

Edited by Big Blitz

I’m not quite sure we can say we’re even the best team in the AFC. The Chiefs proved that 2 years in a row. And now we have an influx of talent in the conference and even in our own division (Hill). If we can get our secondary sorted out (thin would be too effusive of a word at present), we’ll be a SB contender. But, as it stands, there’s going to be some decent teams that don’t even make the playoffs next year. 

57 minutes ago, McBean said:

Hope I’m wrong.

Don't worry. You are. 

25 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I think this is actually wrong.  ON PAPER - to me the best ROSTER in the league is Cincinnati. 

Other than WR core (where they are #1 in the league) and maybe Burrow where else are they top 5? Or even top 10?

I'll hang up and listen. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

I just wanted to write this, after 20 years of being nothing.  It took drafting the best QB of his class, in the most hyped class in years, and a GM to put the pieces in place around him.

I don't think it's disputable, nor do I think it's a slam dunk verdict.  But on paper, the Bills are the best team in the league right now. The best offense, and a TRUE #1 defense - not the flimsy kind of #1 we had last year.

Obviously, the pressure is on now.  Being the best on paper isn't something that goes down in the history books. They have to cash in w/ the Lombardi.

But we are the best.  I just wanted to take a moment to say it & appreciate it.  We can beat anyone.

They were the best team last year too.  Just couldn't win a coin toss

Just now, Buffalo Ballin said:

I don't remember us winning the Super Bowl.

"Best team" doesn't really matter. I tried to note that.  A lot of "best teams" didn't end up winning the trophy.

But, it's still cool to have the best team right now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.