Let’s not act like Tua is some scrub

bubba2018

10 hours ago, recovery96 said:

There is a chance he makes a reasonable jump this year. Anyone who is writing the Dolphins off are naive. Are they the class of the AFC? No, but they will be vastly improved and will strongly compete for a playoff spot.

i just dont see it. 

We have all watched him now several times and I specifically recall HOPING that he plays vs us and not the backup. That is all that needs to be said. 

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Tua will improve as he begins to read defense better. He’s going to be a qb that beats you with timing, accuracy, and decision making. There is a lot of room to grow for Tua.

We’ll just have to wait and see. If he learns to get the ball out on time and to the right WR he can be very good. Arm strength is a small part of playing QB.

Fitz would not agree with you on the arm strength argument 😁👍

Tua is not the long term answer for that franchise at quarterback.  He's not a scrub like Nathan Peterman, but he's also barely of starting quarterback caliber.

He's a serviceable game manager who needs a fast start if they have any hopes of winning the game.

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

10 posts on a rival teams message board IS nobody. 

let’s be real, if you are in the top 50 in the world at just about anything, yet alone something millions dream to do, you are exceptional at it. Unfortunately for Tua you have to be top 10-12 to be a meaningful Nfl qb and he is not top 10.

Additionally anybody that is top 10 is fair to at least compare to josh even if josh matches up favorably on many metrics. 

My post is the 1st on page 4 and I counted 10 with my specific quotes and there were more suggesting that he isn't any good. That hardly nobody. 

Settle down, all I did was answer Augie's question. With actual #s. I also merely pointed out there was no mention of Josh from the OP, my Josh comment was because the OP wasn't comparing the 2, was he? IMO, Augie didn't stay on topic and it stood out to me. I like Josh as much as anyone else here, well maybe not as much to invoke Josh in every QB thread. Especially when this thread isn't even about comparing Tua to anyone, much less Josh. Your last paragraph is a prime example. "Oh, but Josh, Josh, Josh" Stop it already. Hopefully I cleared things up for you. It's early where I live, but maybe you need a nice cold beverage. Happy Saturday!! 

:beer:

Go Bills!

11 hours ago, recovery96 said:

There is a chance he makes a reasonable jump this year. Anyone who is writing the Dolphins off are naive. Are they the class of the AFC? No, but they will be vastly improved and will strongly compete for a playoff spot.

Ahhh the annual propping up the Fins thread. Was wondering when these where coming. 

There is a reason there are rumors about trying to get Brady to MIA. And why there was a pursuit for Watson last season. MIA knows Tua is not a QB that they can win with. 

so let’s see what else they did. Oooo running it back with the Defense Josh continually owns. 

and the OP wants us to he worried about them. Yeah Nope. 

• Agree 1

I think the thing with Tua is that everything will have to be perfect for him to succeed. He can't cover up any weakness. All parts of the offense have to be really solid offensive line, run game, and receivers. 

He doesn't take chances in tight windows. It worked at Alabama when he was always throwing to wide open guys while in the pocket with great protection. As soon as you get him off his spot, he really struggles with making any improvisational plays. He's fine as long as he can sit in a clean pocket and make simple reads.