Let’s not act like Tua is some scrub

bubba2018

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

I think he can play at a Jimmy G level.  They can contend for the playoffs 💯 

It’s all on McDaniel.  If he’s good, they’ll be good.  If he’s not.  They won’t be good

Correct. They have competed for the playoffs the last two seasons and nobody is logically arguing they have got worse by adding a top 5 receiver and a top 10 left tackle. The big change is head coach so let's see how that works out. 

I don't think they are a serious threat for the division title but I do think they might be a bigger test for the Bills in the head to head if defensively they have gotten away from Flores' insistance on playing man across the board vs Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

A small part until you need it on a key 4th down play late in the game down 5 points and you have to fit a ball into a right window.

Then it's the difference between winning and losing.

It’s never going to be his game. He’s got to think the game faster. That takes time to develop.

4 hours ago, Mc1320 said:

Noodle Arm won’t be able to take advantage of Hill’s speed down the field.

Drew Brees use to hit Brandin Cooks in stride. Maybe not 60 yards down field but 30-40 yards on time and on the money.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

7 hours ago, recovery96 said:

There is a chance he makes a reasonable jump this year. Anyone who is writing the Dolphins off are naive. Are they the class of the AFC? No, but they will be vastly improved and will strongly compete for a playoff spot.

Yep - that is why the HC wanted to start Fitz over him in year 1 and had to keep pulling him late in games, why they ruined last year wanting to trade for Watson, why there are constant rumors they tried to get Brady this off season, etc.

The Dolphins think he is a scrub to the point they have inquired about every available QB to replace him.

I expect this year will continue with the high completion % for less yards, a few injuries, and lots of excuses about getting better, but issues when they miss out again.

🤦‍♂️

6 hours ago, Maybe Someday said:

Some of you all need to give him more credit. Tua is one of the absolute best in the league at throwing with his left hand. Name someone better at that.

I think Josh throwing left handed would still be better than Tua and have more arm strength.  Less accuracy, but a bigger weapon still.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

Ok I’m naive. I think Tua is a joke. He will never be a legitimate starter with that weak arm. They won’t strongly compete for anything

yeah, guys like Tyrod Taylor , Jalen Hurts and Tua  (even the smurf in Az.) have all the smarts and savvy , just don't have the arm strength and size to get their teams thru the payoffs.   

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

yeah, guys like Tyrod Taylor , Jalen Hurts and Tua  (even the smurf in Az.) have all the smarts and savvy , just don't have the arm strength and size to get their teams thru the payoffs.   

Yeah... Idk about smart and savy when it comes to Tua. I think more of an overachieving systems guy, a game manager with some decent athleticism.

Tua is not a scrub. I'm not saying he's a scrub when I speculate Miami doesn't believe in him as the long term answer. In two years though it seems he struggles pushing the ball down field and is only effective in the short to short-intermediate passing game. Does he have some weapons now? Absolutely. Do I think the Dolphins could make the Playoffs? Absolutely. Do I think you can just pencil in two victories against them this year? No, not by any means. Tua can be serviceable. He can be a game manager. They have two WR's with crazy speed now who can take any of those short passes to the house. We'll see how the McDaniel offense looks with all of this in place. 

9 hours ago, recovery96 said:

There is a chance he makes a reasonable jump this year. Anyone who is writing the Dolphins off are naive. Are they the class of the AFC? No, but they will be vastly improved and will strongly compete for a playoff spot.

Miami really needs to extend him on a Rodgers like deal now and lock him up long term! 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Dopey said:

There's at least 10 posts here saying he "sucks","is a joke", "is a scrub". Also, the op didn't even come close to comparing him to Josh. 

10 posts on a rival teams message board IS nobody. 

let’s be real, if you are in the top 50 in the world at just about anything, yet alone something millions dream to do, you are exceptional at it. Unfortunately for Tua you have to be top 10-12 to be a meaningful Nfl qb and he is not top 10.

Additionally anybody that is top 10 is fair to at least compare to josh even if josh matches up favorably on many metrics. 

10 hours ago, recovery96 said:

🤣 

lets not pretend Tua is a super star 🌟 

I'm not going to post any links, but the internet is not lacking rumors that Brady is trying to orchestrate a trade to Miami. Because it's the Dolphins, I'm not even sure I'm worried about that at all. And Tua... lol. Just no. He stinks. 

Edit... Just saw there's already a thread on the Brady rumor here.

Edited by Bferra13