Let’s not act like Tua is some scrub

bubba2018

Tua is 2nd rate QB until he proves otherwise. He is physically weak, lacking in Arm strength, and throwing velocity, he is undersized  and injury prone, he may not have fully recovered from his hip injury from, iirc, his college years, hell, Epenesa took him out of a game sacking him,  he is not in the top fifty percent of starting QBs in the league, everyone knows these things about Tua.  

As well, everyone knows that the Buffalo Bills won’t take an fellow AFCE team lightly, being that winning the division is the number one requirement to get to the post season, these made up things to worry about angst threads are just that.  

End rant.

It’s eleven thirty, I’m tired, and I’m going to bed, ya I’m old, get off my lawn!

24 minutes ago, Maybe Someday said:

Some of you all need to give him more credit. Tua is one of the absolute best in the league at throwing with his left hand. Name someone better at that.

Landry

I'll admit that Tua looked more athletic and elusive in the pocket last season. Even Flores and his alleged/reported suspicion of his own QB's off-season physical "progression" would suggest that others can see Tua's work in the weight room. Conversely, his mediocre arm strength and lack of success downfield thus far in the NFL is a thing. 

To be fair (cue the gif) in the context of this board, no Miami QB has looked remotely competent against the Bills, specifically, for some time. I think that is skewing fans' perceptions of Miami's potential in 2022. That roster, with an annoying Shanahan offensive scheme, could be annoying. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, recovery96 said:

There is a chance he makes a reasonable jump this year. Anyone who is writing the Dolphins off are naive. Are they the class of the AFC? No, but they will be vastly improved and will strongly compete for a playoff spot.

"Strongly compete for a playoff spot" lol strongggg considering all but like 6 teams are "in the hunt" into December 

I don't think he's a scrub, but nothing about him screams elite. Everybody says Allen wasn't anything special until they gave him weapons. Fair enough, but since Day 1 he ALWAYS gave you glimpses of ELITE arm strength, durability and overall athleticism. Outside of accuracy Tua hasn't shown much but maybe the influx of new talent helps his development. But, with his skill set I don't see him being a perennial All Pro or Pro Bowler for that matter. A serviceable and competent QB is pretty much all you can ask for.

51 minutes ago, Maybe Someday said:

Some of you all need to give him more credit. Tua is one of the absolute best in the league at throwing with his left hand. Name someone better at that.

Patrick Mahomes?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

I don't think he's a scrub, but nothing about him screams elite. Everybody says Allen wasn't anything special until they gave him weapons. Fair enough, but since Day 1 he ALWAYS gave you glimpses of ELITE arm strength, durability and overall athleticism. Outside of accuracy Tua hasn't shown much but maybe the influx of new talent helps his development. But, with his skill set I don't see him being a perennial All Pro or Pro Bowler for that matter. A serviceable and competent QB is pretty much all you can ask for.

All you had to do was watch Allen's first road game and first start against Minnesota where he leapt over 6' 5" MLB Anthony Barr for a first down on 3rd and long, followed by running away from Barr on a scramble where he did a diving superman for the pylon of the end zone.

Two plays I am not sure I have ever seen a Bills QB make in my lifetime.

Under one full game(he played half a game the previous week against SD) to know this dude had something special to him.

In Tua's entire career I doubt he has done anything even remotely close to as impressive as what Allen did in less than his first 60 minutes in the NFL.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

Their offense will be improved but man the dolphins and pats basically standing pat on defense is an absolute head scratcher. 

tuas worse than a scrub for that franchise imo…I don’t mean talent wise but he’s that in betweener where you just don’t know if you should move on from him or not.

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

17 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Their offense will be improved but man the dolphins and pats basically standing pat on defense is an absolute head scratcher. 

tuas worse than a scrub for that franchise imo…I don’t mean talent wise but he’s that in betweener where you just don’t know if you should move on from him or not.

Tua is good enough to keep as a starter but bad enough to never rest give you a shot to win much if anything.

He is basically like Derek Carr but not quite as good.

Tua will improve as he begins to read defense better. He’s going to be a qb that beats you with timing, accuracy, and decision making. There is a lot of room to grow for Tua.

We’ll just have to wait and see. If he learns to get the ball out on time and to the right WR he can be very good. Arm strength is a small part of playing QB.

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Tua will improve as he begins to read defense better. He’s going to be a qb that beats you with timing, accuracy, and decision making. There is a lot of room to grow for Tua.

We’ll just have to wait and see. If he learns to get the ball out on time and to the right WR he can be very good. Arm strength is a small part of playing QB.

A small part until you need it on a key 4th down play late in the game down 5 points and you have to fit a ball into a right window.

Then it's the difference between winning and losing.

Edited by Big Turk

4 hours ago, recovery96 said:

There is a chance he makes a reasonable jump this year. Anyone who is writing the Dolphins off are naive. Are they the class of the AFC? No, but they will be vastly improved and will strongly compete for a playoff spot.

Strongly compete for a playoff spot when there is 10 QBs easily 2-3x better than him in the AFC now.  Nope...

5 hours ago, Augie said:

Who said he is a scrub? He’s just not elite. What is he great at? Josh he is NOT. 

In hope they stick with a B- or C+ QB, it makes our path easier. 

There's at least 10 posts here saying he "sucks","is a joke", "is a scrub". Also, the op didn't even come close to comparing him to Josh.