Thank You TBD

gomper

2 hours ago, gomper said:

The dear departed David Rhodes hooked my wife up with her current job. She just got a massive raise. We live within our means but this really helps. Thank you for this beautiful space l. RIP David. 

Great story.  I was actually thinking just the other day of all the nice gestures, etc., I've gotten from people here over the years.  Overall, a very thoughtful bunch.

What was David's username here?

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, gomper said:

The dear departed David Rhodes hooked my wife up with her current job. She just got a massive raise. We live within our means but this really helps. Thank you for this beautiful space l. RIP David. 

I know other fanbases would disagree, but I don’t think there is any tighter fan community than our Bills fans. It’s more than football to us. I’m glad you had the gift of experiencing this personally. 

When my boys turned 16 I took each to a Bills home game as a rite of passage. I’ll never forget taking my oldest to dinner at the Creekview restaurant in Williamsville the night before the game. I explained what we were doing to some nice folks, and they LOVED it! Before long, we had several groups of people begging us to be their guests at their tailgates. We were a couple strangers in a bar/restaurant. That doesn’t happen the way it did in many places. 

I’m glad for your good fortune, and despite not knowing your benefactor, I’m sorry for the loss. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, gomper said:

Dave was a lifelong friend.  I still think about him everyday and Im so happy to hear this news. Congrats to your wife and RIP my friend.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.