Wegmans/Fisher-Price/Bills team up to donate to Oishei

The Wiz

This is fantastic with so much money being raised for such a wonderful cause.

The unfortunate side of it is that many of these were scooped up by people seeing profits for themselves, as indicated by the prices they're going for on Ebay.

I wish these were made available online, through FP, since many Bills fans are not local/near a Wegmans.  They would have raked in a lot more dough and limited the scummy scalpers.

Either way ... it's great that the hospital was able to benefit!

• Agree 5

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

The unfortunate side of it is that many of these were scooped up by people seeing profits for themselves, as indicated by the prices they're going for on Ebay.

I wish these were made available online, through FP, since many Bills fans are not local/near a Wegmans.  They would have raked in a lot more dough and limited the scummy scalpers.

I agree.  I'm a big Bills fan with childern who play with these very types of toys.  I wanted to purchase them, but couldn't find them online.  I didn't want to impose on my Buffalo friends to go buy them at Wegmans and send them to me, particuarly because they sold out quickly and it may have been an effort to obtain them.  I'm not going to buy these on Ebay at an inflated price to enrich a collector who is profiting from something being sold for a good cause.

• Agree 1

My buddy and I made a FF side bet in our head to head matchup, loser had to buy the winner the little people (we both wanted them).

He actually had a hard time locating them in Wegmans bc they would sell out fast, but got mine just in time for the playoffs.

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Yeah I do live in the WNY area and even I couldn’t find them.  I went to every Wegmans in my area a few days after release and none of them had any in stock.  I met a fan who had 2 of them and asked how he got them.  He said his son worked there and bought a case before the shelves WTF.

14 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Yeah I do live in the WNY area and even I couldn’t find them.  I went to every Wegmans in my area a few days after release and none of them had any in stock.  I met a fan who had 2 of them and asked how he got them.  He said his son worked there and bought a case before the shelves WTF.

I don't think Wegmans, like most retailers, support understocking... fireable offense at a lot of places. 

4 minutes ago, T&C said:

I don't think Wegmans, like most retailers, support understocking... fireable offense at a lot of places. 

they do. They replace most name brands with their own brand if they can. 

But that's not the point of the thread.

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

they do. They replace most name brands with their own brand if they can. 

But that's not the point of the thread.

Not what I meant... understocking is deliberately withholding a product (or hiding it) from the public to purchase at a later time. Probably why so few were available to the public. 

I'd never seen these until I opened the thread, funko like. At least a lot of money was donated to a good cause. Wonder if they'll do another run.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.