Whitmer Fednapping Plot: Two defendants NOT GUILTY; Two NO VERDICT (GUILTY in re-trial)

In the end, it appears that there was never any serious attempt to kidnap and kill Whitmer. Rather, some men of less than solid repute were herded and groomed to be part of a plot that never would have taken place without the FBI’s involvement. That’s not how any of this is supposed to work. Domestic terrorism plots are not supposed invented by the government in order to support the political narratives of a single party. Yet, that’s exactly what it seems happened here.

And don’t kid yourself — none of this happened right before the 2020 election by accident. There’s no doubt in my mind the FBI and DOJ wanted Donald Trump to lose, and what better way to help that along than to make it seem as if his supporters were domestic terrorists?

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/04/08/massive-blow-to-the-fbi-after-gretchen-whitmer-kidnapping-verdict-drops-n547538

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• BillsFanNC changed the title to Whitmer "Kidnapping" Plot and FBI entrapment scheme: Two defendants NOT GUILTY; Two NO VERDICT

On Friday, a jury shocked the nation by acquitting two of the men accused of trying “kidnap” and “kill” Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer just prior to the 2020 election.

The jury also hung regarding two of the other men charged, and at the moment, it seems unlikely the DOJ will try its luck again (especially given there was even more exculpatory evidence that may be allowed in a new trial).

It was a heart-warming moment, not because the men on trial were saints, but because they were obviously vulnerable, impressionable people instigated and groomed by the FBI to be part of a plot that never would have existed without the government’s involvement. Despite proclamations from the smart set, the assertion that the defendants were entrapped was actually true.

Of course, the next part of this was always accountability. We’ve now seen multiple examples in the last several years of the FBI being used as a political tool, up to and including inventing crimes to push a narrative. In this instance, it was obvious to anyone thinking critically that the Whitmer “plot” was meant to produce bad headlines about “right-wing domestic terrorism” just prior to the 2020 election.

With all due respect, I think most people reading this are going to respond to that threat with a hearty belly laugh, and why wouldn’t they? What part of the GOP’s history says that they have ever held anyone in the government accountable for anything?

So what now? I think everyone knows the drill by now. The GOP will retake the House in November, retake the gavel in January, and then hold some hearings that lead to nothing. Meanwhile, the “too sophisticated to fight” Republicans on the Senate side of things will downplay the ordeal and refuse to even ask tough questions. Maybe they produce a sternly-worded letter or two.

In short, we’ve heard all this before. Republican voters are sick of their representatives over-promising and under-delivering. If the House GOP truly wants to hold people accountable, it’s going to take a scorched earth approach. That means not giving Wray the typical kid gloves treatment, subpoenaing agents involved in the Whitmer farce, and being willing to make criminal referrals. Make the Biden DOJ own its politicization and then use it against them in 2024.

Until all that happens, it’s just fluff.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/04/09/house-gop-responds-with-fire-to-gretchen-whitmer-kidnapping-verdict-n547880

• Agree 4

ROGER KIMBALL: Justice Has Been and Will Be a Long Time Coming.

On Friday, April 8, the biggest domestic news came from Grand Rapids, Michigan. On that day the world learned that a jury had voted unanimously to acquit Daniel Harris and Brandon Caserta of conspiring to kidnap Governor Gretchen Whitmer in the fall of 2020. The verdict, as Julie Kelly noted in her column for American Greatness that day, was a “huge defeat for the U.S. Department of Justice.” One can only hope. It was also a huge, if tardy and incomplete, win for justice, lower case, no “Department of” preceding the noun.

Kelly recounts the sordid details of this saga of FBI entrapment, deep-state political maneuvering, and media malpractice. The case made national headlines and, coming when it did, just before the 2020 presidential election, was clearly designed to affect public sentiment regarding the Donald Trump campaign. “Heavens help us! Troglodytic Trump supporters are trying to kidnap noble Democratic public servants! Can you believe it?”

Turns out you would have been foolish to believe it. But in retrospect, it seems clear that it was a sort of dry-run for that later entertainment, the January 6 worse-than-Pearl-Harbor or 9/11, Civil-War-like “insurrection” and/or attempt to “overturn the election” and/or overthrow “our democracy” at the U.S. Capitol.

There were some two dozen people involved in the “Plot to Kidnap Gretchen Whitmer” saga. Fully 12 were FBI assets. They were not there to infiltrate the loser militia members. They were there to egg them on. The FBI helped to define and finance the plot from the beginning. They even set up a fake “militia” for the others to rally around. They also helped to equip, not to mention bribe, the motley crew whom they assembled for the caper.

The FBI did not uncover a plot. They were prime movers in fomenting a plot.

They did not so much uncover evidence against the plotters as they entrapped them. And it’s not as if this is a one off. It is part of a pattern of abuse and irresponsibility. As the Wall Street Journal’s Holmon Hunt put it last fall, “The agency should be scrapped and something new built to replace it.”

Read the whole thing.

https://amgreatness.com/2022/04/09/justice-has-been-and-will-be-a-long-time-coming/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Let's recap.

14 militia stoners arrested. 2 acquitted. None of remaining 12 convicted.

In addition to this dangerous group of 14 there were....wait for it....12 FBI informants taking part in the "kidnapping" plot.

:lol:

Nah the FBI would never, ever "stir ***** up"

Oh.....

• Shocked 1
  • Angry 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DRsGhost said:

1:1 ish ratio of "kidnappers' : FBI informants in Michigan 

Tinfoil hat conspiracy to suggest that the FBI is involved!!!

@ChiGoose @Jauronimo @LeGOATski

Silent. 

Cmon guys keep relying on "right wing sources" to defend your idiocy. 

Not sure why you tagged me here, I haven't been active in this thread. Also, I don't live on this board, I have a life. I've spent most of today prepping my home for sale, but now I'm being called out for not responding to whatever this is?

Fine.

I think what the FBI did in Michigan was stupid. I think there's a fine line between having an informant versus entrapment and the FBI crosses the line too often.

Not only did their actions blow up the case, but they also harmed Gov. Whitmer and her family.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Not sure why you tagged me here, I haven't been active in this thread. Also, I don't live on this board, I have a life. I've spent most of today prepping my home for sale, but now I'm being called out for not responding to whatever this is?

Fine.

I think what the FBI did in Michigan was stupid. I think there's a fine line between having an informant versus entrapment and the FBI crosses the line too often.

Not only did their actions blow up the case, but they also harmed Gov. Whitmer and her family.

He tagged us because we live rent free in his head.

The guy wakes up angry. His very first post yesterday was an angry outburst calling people morons. No one had even spoke to him yet.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, DRsGhost said:

1:1 ish ratio of "kidnappers' : FBI informants in Michigan 

Tinfoil hat conspiracy to suggest that the FBI is involved!!!

@ChiGoose @Jauronimo @LeGOATski

Silent. 

Cmon guys keep relying on "right wing sources" to defend your idiocy. 

If you need attention this badly, try one of the dating apps.  Or threaten Biden on facebook.  

• 1 month later...