Brady tried to engineer his way to Miami: TAMPERING!

Zerovoltz

2 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

That begs the question, can Brady own a team and play for a team in two different cities? Or does it have to be the same city? 

He can own the Dolphins and play for the TB Lightning, I believe...

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Also, what a slimy move by Brady if that is true.  

I would think the other owners would be against setting the precedent of an active player being part-owner of a team

I would agree.  This would provide an easy avenue to circumvent the salary cap.

from his show this morning:

Brady and Arians relationship was bad

Brady was going to take a role with the Dolphins, as part player and part front office

Sean Peyton was going to join as HC

Then the Brian Flores story broke and the plans were scrapped.

The Bucs saw the opportunity to bring Brady back, if Arians took a different role on the team.

Can anyone else verify what Cowherd said this morning?

Edit:

Another Source

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/10/report-tom-brady-was-poised-to-receive-high-position-in-dolphins-front-office/

Edited by RocCityRoller

• RocCityRoller changed the title to Please merge with Brady to Miami Rumors thread - Per Colin Cowherd - Brady and Sean Peyton almost went to Miami

It's been reported elsewhere.  The problem is both the Saints and Bucs would have demanded major compensation from the Dols because they were both still under contract.  And I doubt the Bucs would have done it anyway.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

It's been reported elsewhere.  The problem is both the Saints and Bucs would have demanded major compensation from the Dols because they were both still under contract.  And I doubt the Bucs would have done it anyway.

Yeah, it was a few pages down on my mobile browser.

Profootballfocus and Cowherd confirming the story yesterday and this morning.

6 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

from his show this morning:

Brady and Arians relationship was bad

Brady was going to take a role with the Dolphins, as part player and part front office

Sean Peyton was going to join as HC

Then the Brian Flores story broke and the plans were scrapped.

The Bucs saw the opportunity to bring Brady back, if Arians took a different role on the team.

Can anyone else verify what Cowherd said this morning?

Edit:

Another Source

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/10/report-tom-brady-was-poised-to-receive-high-position-in-dolphins-front-office/

Isnt this like old news from a week or two ago?

14 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

In a just world Brady would look like Big Ben of last year. slow, old, and zero arm. 

Instead, I'm sure he'll win MVP and at least play in the Super Bowl. 

That don't confront me long as New England gets its conditional draft pick. 😁

"If I can cause pain and suffering, I sleep better at night." 
Professor Max Krassman, 1979.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

Tom Brady Reportedly Only Returned to the Bucs After Miami Dolphins Deal Fell Through

New information has surfaced regarding Tom Brady's unretirement. In a recent article from The Boston Globe, Ben Volin reported that Brady initially did want to retire, but had much bigger plans in mind.

no stinking paywall here

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/tom-brady-reportedly-only-returned-041322588.html

Hmmm. 
wondering if the Tampering angle deserves its own thread 

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-should-want-to-know-how-truthful-allegations-of-tom-brady-dolphins-backdoor-trade-are-005621548.html

The Miami Dolphins wanted Tom Brady, Brady wanted the Dolphins, and the Brian Flores lawsuitagainst the team blew up the mutual pursuit. That’s the alleged storyline now in play, finally offering a believable decryption of the why behind Brady’s puzzling six-week retirement this offseason.

If Dolphins owner Stephen Ross and Brady were constructing a backdoor strategy to make him Miami’s starter in 2022 — first having him “retire” from the Bucs to become a Miami executive, then eventually forcing a trade of his player rights — how did such an elaborate plan come together without a staggering amount of tampering?

On 4/11/2022 at 6:54 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Isnt this like old news from a week or two ago?

The details about minority ownership, and the impact of the Flores suit were new or confirmed info. It was all laid out in the link I provided, and has been fleshed out in the posts following.

Seemed like news to me.

• Agree 1

There was no-doubt tampering.  

I also think its a terrible slippery slope to offer active players any sort of executive role and/or ownership stake.  That is cap circumvention if they are compensated for it in assets.... also, if that starts to become a routine contract demand, the league will be the mess.  Eventually, every good QB who hits the market, followed by star D-linemen, etc will start to demand all sorts of ownership stakes along with their contracts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

The details about minority ownership, and the impact of the Flores suit were new or confirmed info. It was all laid out in the link I provided, and has been fleshed out in the posts following.

Seemed like news to me.

Yeah but all that came out like a week or two earlier.  All good

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.