🚨 Ideas wanted for potential Bills event. Compensation if your idea is used!

StHustle

Have some sort of a challenge by say position ex Qb. Maybe have Josh weave through a few obsticles and throw at a few different targets to accumulate points and set the standard. Then participants  can try to beat the pro score. If they do they win some sort of prize.

Also a picture or autograph session would be cool for close interaction and  something for the kids to remember. Maybe each ticket has a mystery number that gets them a picture with a certain player. Then you have a few Billy Buffalo Golden (or Blue Red) tickets which is rare and gets them to meet the player of their choice. 

"How far can you run straight at Edmunds until he decides to pursue you" event would be a fan favorite. 

Had to get it in there. 

A face painting booth would be funny, especially if Josh was painting his Bills logo on people. 

image.thumb.png.7a57d09105315e6506c901c426b575cb.png

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

You're referring to August for the Buffalo Bills, so I'm guessing that the town you're talking about is Rochester, where they will be in training camp. The NFL often does "throwback" games. One thing that I would like to see along those lines is a throwback event for the Rochester Jeffersons. Many of the people who live in Rochester are totally unaware that there was an NFL team here. I'd like to see that history honored. I believe it would also strengthen the ties between Rochester and New York's only remaining NFL team. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, KenMac said:

You're referring to August for the Buffalo Bills, so I'm guessing that the town you're talking about is Rochester, where they will be in training camp. The NFL often does "throwback" games. One thing that I would like to see along those lines is a throwback event for the Rochester Jeffersons. Many of the people who live in Rochester are totally unaware that there was an NFL team here. I'd like to see that history honored. I believe it would also strengthen the ties between Rochester and New York's only remaining NFL team. 

I posted about the Rochester Jefferson's yesterday. I even mentioned that there was a TV series aboutvthem in the late 70's.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

If Tre White is there, suit him up in goalie gear, put him in net and let fans try to score on him. You could use street hockey pucks and sticks.

Good idea, but I have a feeling the Bills would nix this because the chance of injury.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

So I am part owner of a sports marketing company that puts together events featuring top athletes. We are based in Philly but do events all over. We did the "Fan Conference" events a few years back in Buffalo (had guys like Josh, Dawkins, Hyde, Poyer, Lorax and Edmunds come out) and looking to do more Bills player events (as the one owner from Buffalo the weights on my shoulders) so I am looking at doing something in August when all the guys are in town. I won't release the name/theme of the event yet but it'll be held annually and give fans a chance to see and interact with some of the players before the season. My question to you all is; If you were at an event where there's around 20 Bills players (many of the top guys) and a few thousand fans, what sort of activities would make this a fun, exciting & interactive (but not too interactive, lol) event that would have you and other fans looking forward to the next annual?

Compensation: Anyone who gives ideas that aren't already on the table, are FIRST to give them in this thread (ideas that improve upon other ides count!), will get free LIFETIME tickets to the event! 

I appreciate all those who decide to contribute. Thanks in advance.

I’ll note a few ideas that come to mind. But first (even though I’m about to answer). What’s the setting? Will fans be walking around and hop in line to do said event and the players are stationed (rotating?) at different events? I’m kinda curious what the intended format is, or if it’s completely open to ideas?

Ideas below:

-One of the Bills embeds showed a tug o war contest. Perhaps you could have players vs fans. Or have fans and players mixed for each of the sides. Maybe even with a Bills themed rope or something like that. 

-(really random): have like a foam table (made of foam but looks like the classic fold up style) that can stand on its own, but also be used to jump on the table. Put the foam table on top of a gymnastics mat so the fall is soft. To more directly involve the players, perhaps have the players throw people (not crazy throw) onto the table ala the Josh Allen fan table throw. 

- a pretty simple idea that I’m sure others will mention is a throwing type of competition. Perhaps involving either fans throwing to players, or players to fans.

- Or even just fans attempting to throw into a net with certain spots being worth points and the goal is to get a “first down” or 10 points on 3 attempts. Could have some 4th down option where you step back a certain distance based on how many points you have left. So like 4 points to go you step back 4 of whatever distance is chosen (like 4 feet, inches, etc). 

Overall there could be some digital app (or just a card with stamps, or tickets) that tracks completion of the events, with some sort of “prize” for those who complete all of the events (maybe the prize is to be entered into a raffle). 

I’d be happy to elaborate and I’ll attempt to brainstorm some more ideas. 

Thanks for engaging the community, such a cool idea to crowd source something like this. Good luck with it all!

Have it set up like a tail-gaiting experience, different "tables" / stations of players / vendors doing all of the above fun things. Have games people can play and maybe compete with the pro's. Stations for food and maybe if players have a flair for cooking, make that happen. 100% go with the tail-gating theme. It's almost a no brainer.

Go Bills!

Edited by babulator

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.