🚨 Ideas wanted for potential Bills event. Compensation if your idea is used!

StHustle

What we need is a campaign to elect the successor to Pinto Ron.

Β 

Sooner or later, all the food coloring in ketchup and mustard will put Ron into toxic shock and send him into a condiment induced coma. Thereby bringing an abrupt end to one of our most hallowed traditions.

Β 

Said campaign could involve online petitions backed up by You Tube speeches with voting options. Only vetted candidates from the Bills Mafia should be eligible because frankly this is more serious than choosing the next Pope.

Comedy Ketchup GIF by Barstool Sports

Buffalo Bills GIF by EliteSportsTours

Β 

pope GIF

Β 

Β 

• Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Simon said:

Β 

Raffle drawing that gives 10-20ish fans (8, 16?) the chance to partner with one of the random Bills players in a single elimination cornhole tournament.

Winning fan gets four ticks to a regular season game so there's something to play for. Winning player gets 4 ticks donated to a charity of his choice.

Β 

Β 

That is an excellent idea, as it creates bonds beyond just β€œexposure” .Β 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, StHustle said:

So I am part owner of a sports marketing company that puts together events featuring top athletes. We are based in Philly but do events all over. We did the "Fan Conference" events a few years back in Buffalo (had guys like Josh, Dawkins, Hyde, Poyer, Lorax and Edmunds come out) and looking to do more Bills player events (as the one owner from Buffalo the weights on my shoulders) so I am looking at doing something in August when all the guys are in town. I won't release the name/theme of the event yet but it'll be held annually and give fans a chance to see and interact with some of the players before the season. My question to you all is; If you were at an event where there's around 20 Bills players (many of the top guys) and a few thousand fans, what sort of activities would make this a fun, exciting & interactive (but not too interactive, lol) event that would have you and other fans lookingΒ forward to the next annual?

Β 

Compensation: Anyone who gives ideas that aren't already on the table, are FIRST to give them in this thread (ideas that improve upon other ides count!), will get free LIFETIME tickets to the event!Β 

Β 

I appreciate all those who decide to contribute. Thanks in advance.

whats the target crowd size and price point?

3 hours ago, Simon said:

Β 

Raffle drawing that gives 10-20ish fans (8, 16?) the chance to partner with one of the random Bills players in a single elimination cornhole tournament.

Winning fan gets four ticks to a regular season game so there's something to play for. Winning player gets 4 ticks donated to a charity of his choice.

Β 

Β 

God DAMMIT, I was going to suggest cornhole.Β Β 

Β 

I am so ***** done with this place.

Β 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

BBQ cook off-

Β 

teams tackle β€œcooking the competition” based themes… either regional dishes or mascot based

Β 

Players judge and maybe participate

Β 

Live music, beer, cornholeΒ 

Β 

Β 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

Β How about something for the west coast fans? You probably can't swing it but a big event at the Allen ranch during harvesting seasons would be cool. I'm sure Allen would be down. Bills fans and players could volunteer their time to pick the crops. Have a big BBQ at the ranch after. That is if the Allen's are still doing row picking crops and haven't transitioned fully into almonds and pistachios'.Β 

Do an β€œamazing race” type of event around the facilities or community where 12 teams of 2 (each team consists of a player and a fan) have to race around solving clues and completing challenges together. Only one team wins. Winning team fan gets to choose prize: tickets to a home game of their choice, winning fan travels to an away game with the team, etc…

5 hours ago, Beerball said:

Wing eating contest for the players.

Β 

Actually a riff on this since I wouldn't want our guys breaking their nutrition plans before the season.Β 

Β 

Β 

"Truth or Dare" wing eating contest with about 5 players, like the clip with Gabe Davis and 'lil Dirty.

Β 

-Fans submit questions and 15 questions get selected, maybe by a different group of players hee hee (have a Bills PR person vet the Q to be sure they're not "too much".Β 

-Each player gets asked 3 questions and has a choice between answering, or eating a Hot Wing.

-Prize for fans whose questions are selected and bonus prize if the player ducks answering!

Β 

Β 

• Like (+1) 1

A few ideas here that could all tie together.

You have multiple categories of events to increase engagement. A few Bills players participate at each (judging, coaching, etc.)

The Winner (or top 3) for each category gets prizes like game tickets, Bills gear, meet the players, participate in the grand finale event(s), etc.

Β 

1) Food contests (wings, Beef on Weck, chili, BBQ, etc.).Β  Bills players can participate like Mckenzie's BBQ, etc. This could be best dish or who can eat the most in 5 min, etc.

2) Chopped style food contest. Would have to be creative on how to film this and equipment. Maybe make it a tailgate theme with apps, entrees and desserts with whatever equipment people normally bring to a tailgate.

3) Red Zone Flag football contest (could also do as ultimate Frisbee) where 3 participants go against 2 Bills defenders. The QB can run. They participants have 4 plays from the 20 to score. Variation: participants can instead choose to have the Bills players on offense (1 QB and 1 WR). 1 person can rush the QB after 5 Mississippee and the other 2 double cover the WR. Adds some strategy depending on who the players are and the overconfidence of the participants.

4) Some kind of mini scouting combine event. Events could be how hard you can throw a ball, accuracy throwing a ball, 40 yard dash, push up in a min, etc. You have to compete in all the events and submit your completed scorecard. You enter a raffle for completing it and the top scores by age group win a prize.

5) Some kind of silent auction, raffle, etc. that benefits a charity.

6) Trivia game about Bills history. Could be individuals or teams who buzz in.Β 

7) Some type of bingo game with a Bills theme (people love Bingo).

😎 This is more interaction vs. contest related but some player-related displays that you can interact with. For example, a mold of Josh's hand and you can see how much bigger it is than yours. Maybe you have a mold of Dion Dawkins foot and see how much smaller yours is, etc.

Β 

Grand Finale Events

Josh is blind-folded. Partipants are placed at random spots by a Bills player (you could do predetermined spots but makes it easier on Josh). Participant yells "I'm open". Josh has to throw to him/her blind-folded. If they catch it, they win a prize.
You could also blind fold the participant (maybe spin them around a few times) and then they take the blind fold off after saying I'm Open (or right before). You could also spin Josh around a few times before he throws.

Β 

Red Zone 1 - Josh and a defender are standing parallel to each other. A participant runs a route. Josh throws them the ball. Defender takes off when Josh throws it (or has to count to 5 Mississippee, etc.). Participant has to catch the ball and score before the defender catches them. To make it more interesting, I think if they drop the ball, we let them pick it up and run.

Β 

Red Zone 2 - Josh is the QB with 2 participant as WR. There is 1 Bills DB. Josh tries to complete a pass to a participant who has to score before the DB catches him/her.

Β 

Red Zone 3 - Participant is the QB with 1 Bills WR. 1-2 participants play defense. Can the QB participant complete a pass and the WR score a TD or does the defense (the 1-2 defenders) win? For the number of defenders, you probably have to try this out to see what is realistic. Only 1 might be too easy for the WR to score.

Β 

Wiffle ball game with a mix of players and contest or raffle winners, kids, etc. This could be one game or a mini tournament with 3 inning games, or similar. A lot of flexibility on who pitches, hits, etc. Could be offense vs. defense or position groups vs. each other.

Β 

Corn Hole tournament - Already mentioned by others and a good option to consider.

Tug of war tournament. Each player (team leader) is at the front and has a team of fans behind him and they face off against another player's team. Each team could have their own colored arm band.

Β 

Depending on the length of the rope you could have 20 fans on each side and these games usually last less than a minute so you could involve a lot of people very quickly.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

22 guys?

Β 

Have the Defense square off agains the O (the "Chiefs") to recreate the final 13 seconds and let random fans make the defensive calls from the sideline and see how close you can get to 100% of them calling plays that ends the "Chiefs" drive!

Β 

Maybe another lucky fan can be "practicing kickoffs" on the sidelines, while a guest star/layperson can tell everyone it's a squib kick scenario.

Β 

Any woeful Β fan who can't successfully stop "the Chiefs" can then lead the crowd in a chant of "the players didn't execute!!".

Β 

I can foresee lusty enthusiasm from all attendees!

This is the only way I'd attend.

• Haha (+1) 1

have scrimmages at local high schools, etc to promote themselves and communities to draw money for the school, etc

Β 

get former players to come in and play a flag football game with high school kids who earned it somehow. the pro players wear a school of their own choice or cause to raise money for while the high school kids wear their alumnus. the jersey's the athletes wear can be auctioned off for a cause to raise money for the school or other cause that the players choose. potentially even choosing their own high school to wear to raise money for that school. the student athletes get a chance to promote their school.

Β 

always wondered why more teams did not tap in to the local economy and wear local schools jerseys etc at practices.

Β 

imagine a city school getting Andre Reed, Steve Tasker to run routes for their QB. Or former Bills QB Billy Joe Hobert or Kyle Orton coming in to throw bombs to a JV WR? it'd be fun for the kids and draw a turnout for tickets.

Edited by Boyst62
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I say we have a big parade sometime in February 2023 in Buffalo. The players can ride around on buses, holding some kind of big silver trophy, and interact with the fans who line the streets. Then the parade can end somewhere downtown or at the stadium to celebrate with all the fans.

Β 

I guarantee Bills fans will come from all over the country and beyond for this celebration. Β Then we can hopefully have the parade again in 2024 as well.Β 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.