🚨 Ideas wanted for potential Bills event. Compensation if your idea is used!

StHustle

So I am part owner of a sports marketing company that puts together events featuring top athletes. We are based in Philly but do events all over. We did the "Fan Conference" events a few years back in Buffalo (had guys like Josh, Dawkins, Hyde, Poyer, Lorax and Edmunds come out) and looking to do more Bills player events (as the one owner from Buffalo the weights on my shoulders) so I am looking at doing something in August when all the guys are in town. I won't release the name/theme of the event yet but it'll be held annually and give fans a chance to see and interact with some of the players before the season. My question to you all is; If you were at an event where there's around 20 Bills players (many of the top guys) and a few thousand fans, what sort of activities would make this a fun, exciting & interactive (but not too interactive, lol) event that would have you and other fans looking forward to the next annual?

Compensation: Anyone who gives ideas that aren't already on the table, are FIRST to give them in this thread (ideas that improve upon other ides count!), will get free LIFETIME tickets to the event! 

I appreciate all those who decide to contribute. Thanks in advance.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Have a players forum where they roast each other or tell funny stories. Nothing too serious but some light hearted ribbing is always fun and makes you feel closer to the players and what goes on behind the scenes.

Another idea is catch passes from Josh, which would be pretty sweet. It's tough because you don't want the players to do too much physically especially in season.

My #1 idea is posted below but also adding here: "Tailgate with the Team" pep rally type deal with tailgate events including beer pong (doesn't need to be beer), flip cup, corn hole, wing eating, table smashing, best team goes up against a team of players. Also frostbitmic's idea of food tasting judged by the players and players can enter themselves. Radio stations broadcasting live, NFL network on site, etc. I think we should do this even if it isn't chosen for this event

Edited by KDIGGZ
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Spin the bottle? In all seriousness with 1000s it's difficult to have a ton of interaction, but I've had fun at events where the crowd does some sort of competition (shooting baskets, playing video games, etc.) and the winner of a tournament style challenge gets to challenge a special guest. Something like the Jordan Poyer golf simulator challenge or Shoot 3s vs Dawkins. Wish you the best.

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Since tailgating is a major part of the Bills fan experience, set up a dozen or so grills and tables (to hold food not jump thru) and have a number of players show off their culinary skills.

To build upon it for the fan fun, how about tailgating games (beer pong, flip cup, corn hole, best table slam, etc)? The annual tailgate games! The players don't normally get to tailgate so this would be a fun way to bring them into the community. A pre tailgate tailgate/pep rally before the season

Edited by KDIGGZ
  • Like (+1) 5

Raffle drawing that gives 10-20ish fans (8, 16?) the chance to partner with one of the random Bills players in a single elimination cornhole tournament.

Winning fan gets four ticks to a regular season game so there's something to play for. Winning player gets 4 ticks donated to a charity of his choice.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1. Trivia (sports, pop culture, tv show, movie themed). Split the guys up and let them battle it out. Maybe even have a team made up of fans to compete. 
2. Video game competition (e.g., Madden, MLB, CoD, FIFA). 
3. Dating Game (split the guys up into teams and see how well they know their teammate). 
4. Fan Q&A (Do a media/super bowl style interview panel for fans to ask questions to their favorite players, but to ask a question, fans need to bid/donate a certain amount per question to that player’s charity/foundation). 

*Edit: 5. Pinewood Derby Races (Take them back to their Cub Scout/Boy Scout days. Have them partner with either another teammate or Oishei children's hospital patient to design/decorate their cars and race against one another. Similar to a “my cause, my cleats” vibe). 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 3

22 guys?

Have the Defense square off agains the O (the "Chiefs") to recreate the final 13 seconds and let random fans make the defensive calls from the sideline and see how close you can get to 100% of them calling plays that ends the "Chiefs" drive!

Maybe another lucky fan can be "practicing kickoffs" on the sidelines, while a guest star/layperson can tell everyone it's a squib kick scenario.

Any woeful  fan who can't successfully stop "the Chiefs" can then lead the crowd in a chant of "the players didn't execute!!".

I can foresee lusty enthusiasm from all attendees!

• Vomit 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

22 guys?

Have the Defense square off agains the O (the "Chiefs") to recreate the final 13 seconds and let random fans make the defensive calls from the sideline and see how close you can get to 100% of them calling plays that ends the "Chiefs" drive!

Maybe another lucky fan can be "practicing kickoffs" on the sidelines, while a guest star/layperson can tell everyone it's a squib kick scenario.

Any woeful  fan who can't successfully stop "the Chiefs" can then lead the crowd in a chant of "the players didn't execute!!".

I can foresee lusty enthusiasm from all attendees!

You are a vicious and irredeemable thug....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Simon pinned this topic

Love all these ideas!  Buffalo's (proud to be) a blue collar town.  Consider making the event scalable, where regular folks can get a small piece of the action and those able to pay (give to a good cause?) can have better access to more activities/players.

Bills Mafia tables games tournament , beerfest style. Pong , flip cup, quarters etc. Each team pays a fee, gets a signed piece of memorabilia for placing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Everyone else gets a free Bills shirt with registration.  This takes place in the afternoon time. 

once the games are completed there is a Bills fan/ player dinner buffet. Bills players of each decade tell their favorite stories/roasts of players while people eat. Dinner should consist of local foods. Wings, Beef on Weck, Garbage plates, etc

set up tables of players who can sign stuff for a price during dinner and give tables a time limit so the lines don’t get too long. 

After the dinner is over, cocktail hours with cash bar. 

Half the proceeds of all money are donated to a charity of choice. 

It would encompass everything Bills fans are known for. Tables, drinking, community amongst players/fans, and donating to people in need. That’s the best I got for a legit one

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.