Taiwan Jones re-signs with Bills

BillsMafi$

1 hour ago, Sierra Foothills said:

It is hard to keep track of time... especially with all of those falsified birth documents.

Taiwan 12U, 15U, and 18U baseball teams still rock. No funny stuff about birth certificates these days. Also I reckon the protein deficiency between Taiwan and the US in 1970s made up for the age gap.

Final note, Taiwan Jones needs to have "Taiwan", not "Jones", on the back of his jersey this year. The whole island will buy bills jerseys.

• Like (+1) 1

I have been the biggest Taiwan Jones truther on the board basically forever. He isn't just good at what he does, he has been elite at it. 

Most fans underestimate the value of special teams and it is a part of the game that doesn't generate the analysis of other parts. 

However, I do think in 2021 there were signs of him losing a step and the Bills did work in some Jake Kumerow as a gunner. Neal and Jones was still our best pair but with Jones due to be 34 before next season I did think (and said in the Kumerow re-signing thread) that it might be time to move on. 

All the people fuming need to remember the Bills have to take 90 to camp and all these vet minimum or near enough deals have barely any impact on the cap because of the 51 rule. 

I think in all likelihood Taiwan still wants to play and the Bills are happy for him to come to camp and compete for a job. I don't, however, think he is the stone cold lock for the roster in 2022 that he was in 2020 and 2021. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just when SPOTRAC finally gets every contract accounted for Bills have to go do this.  I cant think it is anything more than a Min Deal.  

But with Jones outstanding Bills have 2.3M in space...

Still also the unkown of Bates Match cost (if they decide to) 

Cap Tickets remaining

Diggs Extension

Tre White Base to Bonus

Edmunds Extension or Trade

Dawkins Base to Bonus

Poyer Extension (or cut which i Definitely would do before trading Diggs)

13 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

8 tackles in 19 games in 2021/2

Waste of money and a roster spot

You would almost think you only read the stats and then you realized it is special teams and you would employ members of marching band if you made decision,

9 hours ago, Locomark said:

He better not be making more than vet min for his 5 tackles and 5 penalties a year. 

4 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Or else?

Or he will start wearing his JEST jersey.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

You would almost think you only read the stats and then you realized it is special teams and you would employ members of marching band if you made decision,

Or he will start wearing his JEST jersey.

I don't understand your post.

Yes I do look at stats because those represent facts. I also realize a player can do his job in any facet of the game and not get credited with a stat.

My argument is between Kumerow, Jones, and Matakevich, who have little to no use on offense or defense, there are three roster spots taken up for a very limited number of plays. At least Neal can play some defense. I wouldn't pay Neal what he is getting paid but at least he can play defense.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, purple haze said:

So many GMs on this board.   If only Beane was smart enough to listen to your misanthropic takes.

Jones is good at what he does.  It’s a one year deal.  He could always get beat out.  Nothing about his deal prevents Beane from making another move if that’s what he wants to do.  
Complaining just to complain is tiresome.

Its a fanatical message board. I laugh at it sometimes, get caught up in it plenty and when I get angry, just take time off.

FA and draft conversations on this board always remind me of the clip from Seinfeld below. Sums up sports fans in :32 seconds

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, freddyjj said:

taiwan-jones-head-injury-d44f16c2134f4f9That's my gunner!

I was at this game and in the end zone side of the stadium where it occurred. Bills fans began chanting "#######s" at the chargers because of it. Not sure it was hearable on TV. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

8 tackles in 19 games in 2021/2

Waste of money and a roster spot

On how many possible attempts?  Compared to other gunners? Your post is a waste of bandwidth without context, Ethan.  What is his salary impact to the cap?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JoneTa00.htm#defense

Edited by Tenhigh

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Just when SPOTRAC finally gets every contract accounted for Bills have to go do this.  I cant think it is anything more than a Min Deal.  

But with Jones outstanding Bills have 2.3M in space...

Still also the unkown of Bates Match cost (if they decide to) 

Cap Tickets remaining

Diggs Extension

Tre White Base to Bonus

Edmunds Extension or Trade

Dawkins Base to Bonus

Poyer Extension (or cut which i Definitely would do before trading Diggs)

Isn’t cutting matakevich on the table?  I thought that would free up close to $2 million

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.