Taiwan Jones re-signs with Bills

BillsMafi$

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Could have used that money on Wallace.  I mean, I don't care that he is on the team but still.

They need speed at corner. He runs a 4.68. They were never going to pay him more than the little monetary value they’ve placed on him since day 1. Hyde and poyer make him look better than he is.  They cannot continue to see him lag behind tyreek and waddle 2x a year. He could be a depth player but again he wanted paid. Can’t blame him. 

• Like (+1) 1

When we resigned Siran Neal and Kumerow, I thought that was the end of Taiwan. With Metakavich still here too, we should have a rock solid special teams unit again depending on what punter we end up with. 

Alot of assets for special teams coverage, but still better than worrying about THAT part all year. 

But who is our returner, after worrying about every punt or kickoff return last year?? I'm hoping they don't trot Stevenson and McKenzie out there again. It was a huge distraction most of the year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I like this signing. Field position is important. You can go to probably any game last season and key in on him during returns and P/KOs and see him making plays. 

That said, I wonder if Taiwan spends any time in the RB room anymore? Maybe he just hangs out and does a crossword puzzle?

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Let me just foreshadow my 2022-23 grievance:

”why did we sign Duke Johnson when we never activate him, and use up a gameday spot on Taiwan Jones?”

The Bills have a very weak RB room, IMO.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They need speed at corner. He runs a 4.68. They were never going to pay him more than the little monetary value they’ve placed on him since day 1. Hyde and poyer make him look better than he is.  They cannot continue to see him lag behind tyreek and waddle 2x a year. He could be a depth player but again he wanted paid. Can’t blame him. 

So true. We need a 4.4 cb badly. Tre and whoever will be chasing Hill and Waddle twice a year. At least Tua can't throw deep.

5 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Let me just foreshadow my 2022-23 grievance:

”why did we sign Duke Johnson when we never activate him, and use up a gameday spot on Taiwan Jones?”

We signed Duke Johnson at 1 year, 1 million. I'm not convinced he even makes the squad. I'd bet he would have been signed even if McKissic hadn't spurned us. My feeling is that he's camp competition for Zach Moss and someone we end up drafting in the mid rounds.

One will be active on game days as the complimentary to Singletary, one will be the replacement for that Yeldon/Breida 3rd RB "break glass in case of emergency" role, mostly inactive unless there's an injury, and one will be released.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So many GMs on this board.   If only Beane was smart enough to listen to your misanthropic takes.

Jones is good at what he does.  It’s a one year deal.  He could always get beat out.  Nothing about his deal prevents Beane from making another move if that’s what he wants to do.  
Complaining just to complain is tiresome.

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.