Looming Stefon Diggs Contract situation - What do you do?

CountDorkula

What to do with Diggs  

232 members have voted

1. 1. IF Diggs wants a Hill type contract what do you do?

• Pay the man his money
    • Trade him for a Hill type return

Amazed the Carolina offer isn't blowing up on here.  I don't actively do twitter, but the @rastapasta_9 guy is saying on twitter than Carolina has offered a 2022 1st (6th overall) and a 2023 3rd for Diggs and 'Buffalo is considering offer with WR approval."... 

Don't see it on the main NFL page and have no idea if this guy is a credible source..  Makes for some intrigue for sure.

1 minute ago, wjag said:

Amazed the Carolina offer isn't blowing up on here.  I don't actively do twitter, but the @rastapasta_9 guy is saying on twitter than Carolina has offered a 2022 1st (6th overall) and a 2023 3rd for Diggs and 'Buffalo is considering offer with WR approval."... 

Don't see it on the main NFL page and have no idea if this guy is a credible source..  Makes for some intrigue for sure.

he's not a credible source and Carolina may have made an offer but I don't see Diggs being traded

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

he's not a credible source and Carolina may have made an offer but I don't see Diggs being traded

Thanks...  Nothing and I mean nothing would surprise me this off season.  The WRs are getting a king's ransom and a team like Carolina could pay it and Buffalo could get a draft pick haul.  The obvious downside is Gabe Davis becomes WR1..   And cupboard is somewhat bare behind him.  Unless they are making a play for Lockett or Metcalf..  Hard to imagine this team without Diggs.  But nothing would say the NFL is a business more than trading Diggs...

6 hours ago, wjag said:

Highly doubt that dude is remotely credible but I don’t love that trade unless we feel we can flip Pick 6 for (at least) someone’s 1 and 2 this year.  

Not sure I want to trade Diggs, basically straight up, for someone like Sauce Gardner, Garret Wilson, Kayvon Thibodeaux etc., unless we know Diggs contract will be an issue.  

There are only two possible outcomes, 1) the parties concerned reach an agreement, 2) the parties concerned don’t agreement, and both parties make appropriate adjustments to their circumstances. Happens pretty every season all over the league, nothing to worked up about, lots of talent WRs out there, beer time 🍺 

On 3/24/2022 at 10:23 AM, aristocrat said:

draft better at other positions so we can afford him. that's how you do it. 

Yes but if you do accomplish that, then these other guys will want to be paid more.  The key more is draft/sign/trade at other positions that aren't paid as high as WR has become

Kind of funny in away, there's been an onslaught of improved QB play in the past half dozen or so years.  That in turn has made all these WR's look so much better so now they are being paid.  What could hurt Diggs is if Adams and Hill in their new surrounding DON'T put up huge numbers this coming year.  Then Beane and company can tell Diggs WR aren't playing at that level of pay.

On 3/24/2022 at 10:33 AM, Motor26 said:

Diggs won’t get a Hill like return, I also don’t think a team would give him the amount of money the Dolphins gave Hill or the Raiders gave Adams. He also seems like a reasonable person who wants to win and loves playing with Josh, I’d be fine with like a 3/60 extension give or take a few dollars. Salary cap is going to explode the next few years so money won’t be an issue at that price. 

All these guys have put up huge numbers when matched with elite QB play.  Diggs best year was with Allen, even this year was his second best ever and people were a bit disappointed.  Adams and Hill have had one advantage of more years with elite QB play, though another year for Diggs with Allen and similar results would give him 3 great seasons.  This likely is Diggs last shot at a huge contract so will see.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.