Looming Stefon Diggs Contract situation - What do you do?

CountDorkula

What to do with Diggs  

232 members have voted

1. 1. IF Diggs wants a Hill type contract what do you do?

• Pay the man his money
    • Trade him for a Hill type return

10 minutes ago, Beast said:

I'd like to keep Diggs but I also remember Brady carving the league up with very average wide receivers. It's a tough call. I am not in favor for paying a WR 20 plus million. Not when you have four or five receiving options on any given play. 

Who's to say Diggs will report without a new deal?

Brady didn’t put up huge numbers until he had Randy Moss or Gronk. 

44 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Considering that he was recruiting Von Miller last week, I’m pretty sure he won’t hold out.  Also Beane doesn’t make those comments publicly if his contract was a major issue.  

He’s too smart to jeopardize that and he’s probably been in touch with Stef and his agent about the situation over the past few years.  

I dunno man.  There's definitely reason to be concerned.  He's making half of what 2 guys he'll be right up there in numbers with.  He's also 21st in average salary now.  

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I can't believe the number of fans who want to extend Diggs into his 30s for huge money. Just absurd.

This… big fan of diggs but that is insane and honestly he isn’t as good as hill or adams if we are being honest. No way we should be paying 20M a year or north of it 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, daz28 said:

I dunno man.  There's definitely reason to be concerned.  He's making half of what 2 guys he'll be right up there in numbers with.  He's also 21st in average salary now.  

I disagree… there’s nothing to be concerned s out.  He’s not going to hold out this off-season.  I’m sure he does want a raise and the talk probably will get louder but he’ll be fine

Diggs tweeted “it’s always business…never personal”

Curious if there’s any trade talks? Found two totally unfounded posts via google about the Panthers making an offer. Diggs for a 1st and 3rd. 

Not enough return for me. But the cost of receiver is so high and we just signed Miller. Something will have to give next year. 

15 minutes ago, Mango said:

Curious if there’s any trade talks? Found two totally unfounded posts via google about the Panthers making an offer. Diggs for a 1st and 3rd. 

Not enough return for me. But the cost of receiver is so high and we just signed Miller. Something will have to give next year. 

Don't buy into it.   Diggs isn't going anywhere.  We will move some money around and make him happy short term with some void years...I'd guess he finishes his 2 years in Buffalo with a raise then we trade him or cut ties. 

1 hour ago, Jerboski said:

This… big fan of diggs but that is insane and honestly he isn’t as good as hill or adams if we are being honest. No way we should be paying 20M a year or north of it 

Its like a Von deal.  Extend so you can pay him a bit more now but void the extended years. 

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

Pay the man ... Allen and Diggs go together like spaghetti and meatballs, rum and coke, a shot and a beer. The salary cap should go up big in a year or two and there's no reason to let our 2nd best offensive player to play anywhere else.

Salary Cap goes up big and so does the cap hit for Josh Allen and Von Miller. 

If he’s willing to take a multi-year extension at 21-22M AAV and a bump in pay next year, I’d  do it just to try and get it out of the way.  

My only issue, and maybe it’s function of our offense, is that he doesn’t take over games the way I see other elite guys do it.  That’s why I’d go low 20’s but not any higher … also since we literally can’t go any higher if we want to field a complete team.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, daz28 said:

have a beer and relax if you are concerned about a strangers income relative to 2 other strangers. 

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Salary Cap goes up big and so does the cap hit for Josh Allen and Von Miller. 

If he’s willing to take a multi-year extension at 21-22M AAV and a bump in pay next year, I’d  do it just to try and get it out of the way.  

My only issue, and maybe it’s function of our offense, is that he doesn’t take over games the way I see other elite guys do it.  That’s why I’d go low 20’s but not any higher … also since we literally can’t go any higher if we want to field a complete team.  

I enjoy the arbitrary cutoff- 22m, we can be competitive and 28m is just crazy talkfor our future 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Mango said:

Pretty sure that he's referring to this off season in general with all the moving parts and sometimes guys just like to stir ***t on Twitter by saying something that can be interrupted 500 different ways.  

And he isn't wrong.  That's why he shouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get an extension before this season starts.  I don't know if he'll be on this team in 2023 it's not business it's math.  

These by the way are the thoughts that instantaneously went thru those of us who reacted after 13 seconds as if that could have been it.  Because its starting to feel like a roster reset with a few key pieces possibly moving is coming.   Edmonds, Knox, Poyer, Singletary (imagine if he has a big season), Diggs.....it's going to get real in March 2023

Just one thing left to do..

tom-beringer.gif

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

have a beer and relax if you are concerned about a strangers income relative to 2 other strangers. 

I'd probably have a beer anyways, thanks, but the salary cap numbers and who might or might not be playing on this team  are relevant.  If your(a stranger) concern is other strangers on a forums concern, then maybe do a shot.

45 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Chiefs are looking into getting DK Metcalf...

DK kinda poured some water on that I think, but that's also a good way to get more.

A 2 year $45M extension (so about $22.5M per) should be the line in the sand.

Now if they want to tack on $30M in funny money in Year 3 to have the 3 years $75M optics then fine.......but I don't think they should guarantee anymore than 2 years on the extension, and that extension would keep the 2 years he currently has left in place.

Diggs has 2 years left for $27M total ($13.5M per yr.)  So with the a 2 Year - $45M extension, the Bills are essentially looking at a 4 year - $72M deal. Throw in the funny money, non guaranteed 3rd year to let the agent boast a sexy #, and also allows Beane an extra year to stretch out the cap hits.

Edited by Estro

25 minutes ago, Estro said:

A 2 year $45M extension (so about $22.5M per) should be the line in the sand.

Now if they want to tack on $30M in funny money in Year 3 to have the 3 years $75M optics then fine.......but I don't think they should guarantee anymore than 2 years on the extension, and that extension would keep the 2 years he currently has left in place.

Diggs has 2 years left for $27M total ($13.5M per yr.)  So with the a 2 Year - $45M extension, the Bills are essentially looking at a 4 year - $72M deal. Throw in the funny money, non guaranteed 3rd year to let the agent boast a sexy #, and also allows Beane an extra year to stretch out the cap hits.

seems like a lot of words to say you would trade him 

9 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

If he wants big money let him go get it, if he’s willing to stay with his current deal which is still pretty dam good for a champ shot and playing with a stud qb couldn’t  happier. U do u steph

Based on what you think or what he thinks?

He isn't being paid top 10 WR money anymore. That matters to these guys. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Based on what you think or what he thinks?

He isn't being paid top 10 WR money anymore. That matters to these guys. 

Diggs was traded to Bills and did not ask for a big guaranteed new deal as part of the trade. 

Diggs led this team and has been top in the NFL the two years he has been here

Diggs earned an extension. (2 years left). Add 3 years of new money. Pops that AAV up and structure it as a 3 year deal. Done. This isn’t hard. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.