Looming Stefon Diggs Contract situation - What do you do?

CountDorkula

What to do with Diggs  

232 members have voted

1. 1. IF Diggs wants a Hill type contract what do you do?

• Pay the man his money
    • Trade him for a Hill type return

10 minutes ago, TBBills said:

That is the problem, too many people like you thinking fake ***** is real. Maybe if you thought a little harder about it you would have made the right decision. 

Lol…..I didn’t say it was real news.  If you want to blast me, get some worthy of blasting me for.  You’re grasping at straws.  Move It Along Get Away GIF by JuventusFC

• Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Lol…..I didn’t say it was real news.  If you want to blast me, get some worthy of blasting me for.  You’re grasping at straws.  Move It Along Get Away GIF by JuventusFC

Your own fault for posting it. Don't believe everything you see on twitter.

Edited by TBBills

45 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Twitter is the greatest thing ever.

Which means if you give him Diggs targets he’ll have 95 catches. Math.😲

Doesn't work like that. You're speculating that he's gonna get 95 catches. Speculation is worthless.

I can easily say that Terrance Marshall sucks and doesn't belong on the field. Be honest. 17 catches is abysmal rookie numbers. Puke.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

Whew... for those "pay the man his money" types on here. Thank God they don't run the Bills.

1) it's physically impossible to pay him what he's looking for, salary cap wise. I know many of you believe in salary caps sleight of hand. But it's just not enough in this situation.

2) even if you go nuclear and could squeeze him in under the cap, you would be gutting the money left for the rest of the team.

As Jerry Jones said recently: great teams, even just good teams, lose great players to lower performing teams, it's how the NFL system is designed. Just ask Aaron Rodgers or Patrick Mahomes.. who lost their elite WR. I expect the same to happen to Josh Allen.

I watched the great 1990s Bills fall apart under the salary cap. The losses of Thurman Thomas and Bruce Smith stung. But they were inevitable. Some pain is coming up here as well.

EDIT: Read the Cowboys built for 2021 situation https://sports.yahoo.com/whats-next-for-the-dallas-cowboys-and-jerry-jones-a-painful-talent-drain-224708265.html. Similarly, the Bills are built for 2022. 2023 gonna suck.

Edited by boater
  • Disagree 1

I hope they have a plan to keep him happy.

It would not be good if this situation somehow interferes with the season. 

I personally would like to keep him, but have no idea how they plan on doing that (if they do plan on doing that).

This may involve re-working Josh's contract. Given their relationship, I suspect that is a possibility if it is feasible. 

42 minutes ago, nucci said:

is his contract really looming?

Yes, IMO. He may have two years left, but he is not gona just ride this out and then get paid.

He is making 10-15 Million less than the Top paid WR. For a guy who just recently lead the league in yards. 

He is making the same as Corey Davis and Robby Anderson.

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Yes, IMO. He may have two years left, but he is not gona just ride this out and then get paid.

He is making 10-15 Million less than the Top paid WR. For a guy who just recently lead the league in yards. 

He is making the same as Corey Davis and Robby Anderson.

right but contracts are all about timing...they're never going to align perfectly.

The Bills are wisely waiting to see how Diggs plays next year.  WR’s tend to drop off past age 30 and he’s approaching 3-0.  If he has another big season they might be comfortable giving him a new 3 or 4 year deal.  

But they also have Gabriel Davis on the roster can could spend a premium pick on a WR this season.  Not impossible these players could pick up the slack at the teams too WR but way too early to tell.  

I'd like to keep Diggs but I also remember Brady carving the league up with very average wide receivers. It's a tough call. I am not in favor for paying a WR 20 plus million. Not when you have four or five receiving options on any given play. 

5 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

The Bills are wisely waiting to see how Diggs plays next year.  WR’s tend to drop off past age 30 and he’s approaching 3-0.  If he has another big season they might be comfortable giving him a new 3 or 4 year deal.  

But they also have Gabriel Davis on the roster can could spend a premium pick on a WR this season.  Not impossible these players could pick up the slack at the teams too WR but way too early to tell.  

Who's to say Diggs will report without a new deal?

Edited by Beast

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

I'd like to keep Diggs but I also remember Brady carving the league up with very average wide receivers. It's a tough call. I am not in favor for paying a WR 20 plus million. Not when you have four or five receiving options on any given play. 

Who's to say Diggs will report without a new deal?

Considering that he was recruiting Von Miller last week, I’m pretty sure he won’t hold out.  Also Beane doesn’t make those comments publicly if his contract was a major issue.  

He’s too smart to jeopardize that and he’s probably been in touch with Stef and his agent about the situation over the past few years.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.