Efe Obada to Commanders

YoloinOhio

On 3/23/2022 at 3:58 PM, JohnNord said:

I liked his story a lot and thought he might be one of those under the radar players who has a huge season.  In reality though he was more of a replacement level type player

He could still be that. As you suggest, there just isn't a whole lot of American football experience there ... 29 years old, but probably more like most 3rd year players in terms of football development. It's still a longshot, but even now he's a good situational pass rusher and the Commanders seem to be a good fit. Good luck, Efe, and thanks for the memories (or was it just one memory?)

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Of all the names in the world, I'm still baffled by the Commanders. I can never take them seriously. 

I just think they liked the idea of something like the Washington Senators or the Washington Generals, but for obvious reasons those may have been a little too accurate. Admirals (too maritime), Colonels (too Kentucky) ... wait, how about Commanders?

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I just think they liked the idea of something like the Washington Senators or the Washington Generals, but for obvious reasons those may have been a little too accurate. Admirals (too maritime), Colonels (too Kentucky) ... wait, how about Commanders?

It just baffles me that it took 2 years for this brain child. So goes life. The Buffalo Bills has a nice ring to it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.