2.)  Bills

3.)  Chiefs

4.)  Broncos

5.)  Bengals

6.)  Ravens

7.)  Colts

If I had put a top 7 right now:

1. Bills — core in place and added key parts

2. Bengals — improving their O line and amazing O. (Could have won that SB)

3. Raiders — Carr a good QB with arguably the best WR now.

4. Chiefs - Still have Mahomes and 2 1sts to replace Hill.

5. Colts - Ryan is old but still good and with that run game and Defense they be good.

6.  Browns - Watson is real good, they have a good D and amazing Run game.. but it’s the browns.. 

7. Broncos — Good D but meh O line and Wilson likes playing hero ball I think. 

Edited by PatsFanNH
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

If I had put a top 7 right now:

1. Bills — core in place and added key parts

2. Bengals — improving their O line and amazing O. (Could have won that SB)

3. Raiders — Carr a good QB with arguably the best WR now.

4. Chiefs - Still have Mahomes and 2 1sts to replace Hill.

5. Colts - Ryan is old but still good and with that run game and Defense they be good.

6.  Browns - Watson is real good, they have a good D and amazing Run game.. but it’s the browns.. 

7. Broncos — Good D but meh O line and Watson likes playing hero ball I think. 

Browns are going right up my power rankings when we see just how many games Watson gets suspended for or if at all.

There is a scenario in my mind they start 2-5 and then make playoffs as hottest team at 10-7.

23 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

As of today:

Buffalo 

Cincinnati 

Indianapolis 

Chargers

WC:

Broncos 

Ravens 

Dolphins 

Just missed out:

Chiefs 

Titans

Steelers

Vegas 

Patriots 

Jags 

Still building or their QB is a POS that's suspended 

Browns

Texans 

Jets

Love the list!  IMO every one of the wild card teams could fall flat on their face for varied reasons (Miami— QB, Denver - Wilson Hero ball, Ravens - a regressing Jackson)

but I agree too 4!

• Like (+1) 1

1. Bills - We have Josh Allen, 'nuff said

2. Bengals - Improved thru free agency but are  2nd best

3. Chargers - I think the Chargers will escape the carnage of the AFC West on top

4. Colts - Vet QB should help this team

5. Chiefs - Still have Mahomes and Kelce, don't count them out

6. Ravens - Injuries killed them last year, should bounce back

7. Dolphins - Tua went 7-1 his final 8 games, added Tyrrek Hill, I'm kinda glad they fired Flores

8. Titans - Luckily get to play the Texans and Jaguars twice

9. Broncos - Wilson will help but Marrone's pet is the new HC

10. Patriots - They have the most excellent McCarkle Jones as QB, they could be #1

11. Pittsburgh - Might hire Doug Whaley as GM. Terrible crying towels will be big sellers at the team store.

12. Raiders - Has their new HC run back to daddy Bill yet ? ... Will move up 1 spot if they trade for brady

13. Cleveland - Has a good roster but ownership has messed it up. The only reason they aren't last is because ...

14. Jests - Not a good football team

15. Jaguars - Moves up from 16th

16. Texans - Worse and will draft busts with all 3 first round picks they got from the Browns

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I mean, I hate to say it - because on paper, I don't think there is much question we're the best team in the league.

That comes w/ a big target. I probably would have preferred a SB run to be more stealth and as the talented underdog. But that's out now.

Oh, well.  It's not really something to complain about.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Success said:

Not a bad ranking in the OP.  I think KC will still be in the mix though - I don't see them dropping out of the playoffs, though it will be VERY tough for them to win the division again.

Bills should be able to secure the top seed if they can stay healthy.  After that, I actually see the Broncos & Bengals as the biggest threats.  I agree that the Phins could snag that last spot, depending on the new coach.

That's not really a ranking, I realize - just some thoughts.

I like the original OP's rankings.  I really do.  I also don't see KC falling out of the playoffs.  But, I don't know how LAC, DEN and KC can all get in while they beat on each other.  They would probably all have to 2-2 against each other for all 3 to make the playoffs, could happen.  But, agree, MIA has a weak schedule.

I hope only 2 of the 3 AFC West teams make the playoffs.  I would love to see only one make the playoffs with some luck, injuries, mistakes and bad beats.

We really want that #1 AFC seed this year.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Manther said:

I like the original OP's rankings.  I really do.  I also don't see KC falling out of the playoffs.  But, I don't know how LAC, DEN and KC can all get in while they beat on each other.  They would probably all have to 2-2 against each other for all 3 to make the playoffs, could happen.  But, agree, MIA has a weak schedule.

I hope only 2 of the 3 AFC West teams make the playoffs.  I would love to see only one make the playoffs with some luck, injuries, mistakes and bad beats.

We really want that #1 AFC seed this year.

Go Bills!

Agreed. Bills are 1 right now (and it’s early.) I also agree that although the Chiefs find themselves in an absolute beast of a division, they won’t fall as far as some think after the Hill trade. They’ll reload with someone in the draft and Mahomes will make it work I think. 

AFC will be more competitive than its been since the 90's.   Who knows who comes out of the AFC.  Key injuries to key players will make the difference knocking some teams out that would have been there otherwise.   

To simply say the Bills are #1 is just being homers.  What a shock, posters on a Bills fan site pick the Bills.   Sigh.    

They have kept pace in the AFC arms race but still need to play games against most of the top teams.   We shall see.  Go Bills.  

Should be fun to watch for sure.   

17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

KC way too low - wack!

Head Coach. QB. Those should be your biggest factors 

It was more based off where I think they place not talent. As I said virtually no year do the best 14 teams make the playoffs, luck good and bad factors in a lot.

50 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

AFC will be more competitive than its been since the 90's.   Who knows who comes out of the AFC.  Key injuries to key players will make the difference knocking some teams out that would have been there otherwise.   

To simply say the Bills are #1 is just being homers.  What a shock, posters on a Bills fan site pick the Bills.   Sigh.    

Who would you put as #1? Not meant as a slight I am curious. To me Buffalo has a roster that is most complete, they have the experience, and they have the coaching. I would 100% understand if someone said LAC or DEN, but to me the Bills have proven more then either of those teams at this time. If LAC/DEN finished as the 1 I wouldn't be surprised at all.

9 hours ago, Nelius said:

Colts are interesting but who is Ryan throwing to? That WR depth chart is definitely worse than KC post-Hill, might even be in Green Bay territory. Pittman is a good 2 on most teams, and that's about it.

For now I think Tennessee probably remains the better team over Indy. Still plenty of time and plenty of WRs out there for Indy to address that though and I think Pittman may prove himself to be a fine #1.

18 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Jimmy G is mediocre at best and has been to a super bowl and NFC championship in the offense the Dolphins are gonna run. 

Jimmy G also had the benefit of the best DLine in the league during his Super Bowl run, the Dolphins don’t have that.

• Eyeroll 1

21 hours ago, corta765 said:

After Hill's trade today rank the AFC as you see it at this point for 2022 (yes I understand draft still needs to happen). Here are my thoughts:

1. BUF 13-4    After everything that has happened most complete team right now

2. DEN 12-5    I trust Wilson over LAC for division

3. BAL 11-5    Historic amount of injuries last year, they will bounce back

4. TEN 10-7    They've bled some depth but I trust them over IND more right now

5. LAC 12-5    Tie breaker for division so they are WC and really good

6. CIN 10-7    They get the WC and start on the road this playoff year. Their rivals have all gotten better

7. MIA 10-7    Similar to the Patriots last year a soft schedule compared to AFCW or AFCN foes will gift wins even though talent wise  teams 8-10 are better IMO.

------ playoff cut off -------

8. CLE 9-8    Watson is going to be suspended for at least 4-6 games if not more. That's too many games in division this competitive

9. OAK 9-8    I think that QB wise their third in division and the attrition inside will hurt their playoff chances more then talent

10. KC 9-8    They have bled a lot of free agents as the cap has not been nice and their division is insane. Hill leaving though makes it a tough sell to see them up top

11. IND 8-9    Matt Ryan is on the backside of his career and has been for years. He couldn't take advantage of the weapons he had in ATL the last few years and has less in IND

12. JAX 8-9    Competent coaching will do wonders for Trevor who takes steps forward. After hearing very thing Urban did its a miracle he didn't retire at QB

13. PIT 7-10   Mitch its not personal just business and they have the 4th best QB in a division that is quite solid.

14. NE 7-10   Teams year 1 with new free agents gain on average 3 wins, next year they lose that gain. Additionally the rest of the division is only better and nothing has been done to help make Mac's life easier.

15. NYJ 5-12    Their defense will play better this year, but their offense is still ways behind the rest of the AFC plus Zach Wilson needs to take some major steps to show life.

16. HOU 4-13   They are slowly rebuilding what they had it will just take time.

I don't necessarily disagree with the Bills at the top, but they are far from complete give the gaping hole at DB right now in a conference primed for an offensive explosion every week depending on the matchups.

Also a few other thoughts -

1) If Matt Ryan has anything left I can easily see the Colts winning the division and Titans falling off this year.

2) I'm actually leaning towards the Raiders winning the AFCW this year, people are sleeping on them big time and don't forget they overcame a lot last year with an interim coach and nearly beat the Bengals who went on to the SB in the AFC.

3) Chiefs very well may now be primed for a letdown but still see them in the playoffs as a WC and lots of time left for them to sign vets and utilize all their draft picks they now have.

4) Still way to hard to predict how the WC field is going to shake out but could definitely see Miami sneaking in as the AFCW and AFCN brutalize eachother.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

Jimmy G also had the benefit of the best DLine in the league during his Super Bowl run, the Dolphins don’t have that.

That defensive line really did a good job on offense. Crazy how they scored the second highest amount of points and the fourth most yards all while playing no offensive snaps.  

That's some DL

/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.