Tyreek seeking a trade [Now: Traded to the Dolphins]

Dablitzkrieg

Unpopular take- but i don't get why some Bills fans feel the need to flood every national media tweet about Tyreek and message boards about what a "trash" QB Tua is ....and how great Josh Allen and the Bills are.  We must have a lot of children as Bills fans.  I don't know,... in the words of Sean McDermott it's best to stay "humble and hungry" if you know what i mean.  I wish some of these fans would stay out of it and not make the rest of the NFL fans hate the obnoxious Bills fans.

The fact is, we haven't won anything yet.

It's a good move for Miami, they got a great player.  Who knows how it will turn out?  Even if Tua fails, the Dolphins are now a hotspot destination for the next big name QB that wants a change next spring..  They have a plug n play offense.  If the Ravens don't lock in Lamar Jackson, I could see him landing in Miami someday. 

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Unpopular take- but i don't get why some Bills fans feel the need to flood every national media tweet about Tyreek and message boards about what a "trash" QB Tua is ....and how great Josh Allen and the Bills are.  We must have a lot of children as Bills fans.  I don't know,... in the words of Sean McDermott it's best to stay "humble and hungry" if you know what i mean.  I wish some of these fans would stay out of it and not make the rest of the NFL fans hate the obnoxious Bills fans.

They are likely trying to compensate for lacking something

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It's a good move for Miami, they got a great player.  Who knows how it will turn out?  Even if Tua fails, the Dolphins are now a hotspot destination for the next big name QB that wants a change next spring..  They have a plug n play offense.  If the Ravens don't lock in Lamar Jackson, I could see him landing in Miami someday. 

Are you new to Twitter?

Also, Twitter isn't real life.  I'm constantly reminded of this when I talk about something "extremely online" to a bunch of normal, everyday people and they have no clue what I'm talking about. 

20 hours ago, TBBills said:

Man some posters here are afraid of the Dolphins on a daily basis I hope @klos63 @FilthyBeast are doing OK.

They probably thinking the Dolphins gonna win the AFC East.

All depends on what happens with Tua, he seemed to play well last year down the stretch but certainly not quite elite. If he takes another step this year obviously the Dolphins are a threat not only to win the division, but compete for a SB.

My biggest concern is what this new look fish offense is going to look like under McDaniel. If he's truly some sort of 'savant' he'll find a way to manufacture a potent dink and dunk, YAC type of offense that utilizes Waddle and Hill to their maximum potential. Because IMO both Waddle/Hill better than Samuel who was a major weapon for the 49er's doing this type of stuff.

Either way CB is still a glaring hole on the Bills roster right now and needs to be addressed other than just draft picks. Not thrilled with the idea of Edmunds covering these type of WR's either.

Edited by FilthyBeast
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

276321397_1468299316937817_4085691401182

It's intresting because McDaniel will find creative ways to use Tyreek - however the signing will be looked at as a massive failure ala LaVeon Bell and similar.. He will fall off + much worse signal caller. $$ IS KING THO

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This is one of those yes or no questions huh?

I mean you said “here” like you lived there so I was curious as I know you lived in Atlanta which is nowhere near where “here” would have been. 

And get a pedicure my god.

😯 

The Kansas City Chiefs traded six-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 first-round pick (No. 29), second-round pick (No. 50) and fourth-round pick, plus fourth- and sixth-round picks in the 2023 draft on Wednesday.

Like that will make Tua be a better QB.  

Or will Teddy be QB1?

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

Tua's not trash at all, he's improved steadily and the Dolphins have something like a 13-7 record when in games he's started.

Not saying he's on a JA17 trajectory but it's foolish for Bills and other teams fans to write guys like him and Mac Jones off.

Also remember with a guy like Hill all it takes is a timely 5 yard pass that can turn into an 80 yard TD and our defense has always been exposed by those type of plays under McD/Frazier and last time I checked we still have Edmunds on this roster which isn't a good thing in regards to this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, dneveu said:

I like the move for Miami.  A lot of draft picks used on WRs, but they basically got Waddle in a very strong WR draft and traded for a probowler.  

They added running backs this year as well in edmonds and mostert, but I'm not sure that was ever really the problem with their run game.  Adding armstead and williams will help more there than anything else.  

The thing about them is though - they added nothing to the defense.  Which... much like buffalo was very much propped up by playing bad offenses/QBs.  The difference is buffalo was propped up to #1, and Miami finished 15th in yards.  Buffalo also wasn't happy with the performance of their defensive line and made massive changes to the unit.  Miami is content to roll with Phillips and Ogbah as the primary pass rushers in a blitz happy system.  Seems to work when they play the bad teams of their schedule (which were also mostly bunched into the end of the 2021 season).  

They might have the worst linebackers in the league…and they are still terrible at C/RG/RT on the offensive side. They’ve got Byron jones at cb still who hasn’t been good for a few years now and Xavien Howard coming off a very down season.  And now they don’t have any picks this year until the third round. Trade makes no sense to me they have tons of holes.  People are talkin like all they need is a qb and they can easily pick one up next year but that’s far from the case imo.

Here's a wild thought.  Did the Jets false flag Miami into spending too much?  I was listening to Rich Eisen today talk about how the Jets might not have been ready for Hill. 

My take:

But their very presence with their two high draft picks forced Miami to bid higher than they wanted.  I found it curious that the Jets did not throw in a one when they had the luxury of doing so.  I know, I know the silly draft pick equivalency chart says the Phins with their late pick and the Jets with their two 2s were "equivalent" value.  To me, if the Jets were serious about getting him, they would have parlayed one of their ones.  But the fact that they had two might have forced Miami to pay more in draft picks.

Edited by wjag
  • Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Tua's not trash at all, he's improved steadily and the Dolphins have something like a 13-7 record when in games he's started.

Not saying he's on a JA17 trajectory but it's foolish for Bills and other teams fans to write guys like him and Mac Jones off.

Also remember with a guy like Hill all it takes is a timely 5 yard pass that can turn into an 80 yard TD and our defense has always been exposed by those type of plays under McD/Frazier and last time I checked we still have Edmunds on this roster which isn't a good thing in regards to this.

Who do they have at LB lol no chance they can consistently hang with josh Allen in a shootout even if tua improves…we are just a bad matchup for them the way things stand currently.  They needed a defensive overhaul not another wr

40 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Who do they have at LB lol no chance they can consistently hang with josh Allen in a shootout even if tua improves…we are just a bad matchup for them the way things stand currently.  They needed a defensive overhaul not another wr

At some point the Dolphins will beat us again and sweep us in a season for that matter.

Not saying it's going to be season but they seem to follow the Bills old formula against the Pats in all the years we were dominated by them in that they get blown out in one game and play very close with chances to win in the other.

As of right now though they clearly look like the #2 team in the division on paper anyway.

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

All depends on what happens with Tua, he seemed to play well last year down the stretch but certainly not quite elite. If he takes another step this year obviously the Dolphins are a threat not only to win the division, but compete for a SB.

My biggest concern is what this new look fish offense is going to look like under McDaniel. If he's truly some sort of 'savant' he'll find a way to manufacture a potent dink and dunk, YAC type of offense that utilizes Waddle and Hill to their maximum potential. Because IMO both Waddle/Hill better than Samuel who was a major weapon for the 49er's doing this type of stuff.

Either way CB is still a glaring hole on the Bills roster right now and needs to be addressed other than just draft picks. Not thrilled with the idea of Edmunds covering these type of WR's either.

So for a team who wasn’t in the conversation even for a wild card are now SB contender by adding a great WR ? 

4 minutes ago, Putin said:

So for a team who wasn’t in the conversation even for a wild card are now SB contender by adding a great WR ? 

They missed the playoff by one game the last two season, the team that made the SB in the AFC had one more win than the Dolphins which shows the margin of error in this league.

And it's not just adding Hill, they added one of the best LT in the NFL and the assumption is that Tua will improve behind an offensive minded HC.

Lot's of things need to fall into place but it's not impossible for the Dolphins to be in the SB mix and speaking of the Bengals how many 'experts' had them in the SB last year? Probably zero, in fact they were almost a consensus favorite to be last place in their division and be picking in the top 5 again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.