Tyreek seeking a trade [Now: Traded to the Dolphins]

Dablitzkrieg

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Meh, I’d almost rather Hill be on the Jets or Dolphins if it comes at the cost of those teams being down 2 first round picks and 28 million in cap space. Hill with Tua or Wilson throwing to him is no where near as dangerous as he was on KC. 

This is exactly what I said to my buddy at work who's a Dolphins fan.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

WR corps is top notch. Defense is also a solid group(although they lost the guy behind all of it)… but they still have a QB with some big question marks… so at this point it’s hard to be concerned with them being a threat for the division…. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if they break their winless streak against us this season finally.

Good news is Josh Allen has some strange hatred of porpoises and rains terror on them every year.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

WR corps is top notch. Defense is also a solid group(although they lost the guy behind all of it)… but they still have a QB with some big question marks… so at this point it’s hard to be concerned with them being a threat for the division…. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if they break their winless streak against us this season finally.

Oh Jesus.  Here we go. 

• Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

I think we're going to continue to own the Dolphins as much as the next guy.

I also think Hill will become an under-producing malcontent, and will not like the steep dropoff in targets, production, prestige, and prime time games.

I also think it's stupid to give up that much draft capital for AND spend that much on a WR when you're not sure if your QB is "the guy" yet.

I also think that between Waddle and Hill, the Phins have now spent three 1sts, two 2nds, two fourths, and a 6th, not to mention a mega-contract, on 2 WRs.

Despite me saying all of that...

I can't deny that the Dolphins got materially better today. They added a six time Pro Bowler, three time All-Pro. This just a day after adding a Pro Bowl LT.

Hill - Waddle - Wilson - Parker - Gesicki - Edmonds - Mostert - Gaskin, with an improved offensive line, is about as much as they could have done to set Tua up for success.

It all comes down to the QB now...

They are clearly trying to keep up with the Bills. Looks like the Bills quest to win the AFC east isn't a given. I still think the Bills are significantly better because of Allen. 

I can't remember the last trade like this that I thought was a bad move for both teams.

It feels like KC gave up a shot to be top contender again this year, especially in that division. And Miami gave away a lot of their future.  Has a team ever given up this much for a WR?

5 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Bills defense comes up small when it’s any starting QB with their actual weapons.

one of the Achilles heels of the Fraizer/McDermott Defense.

as long as their opponent is rolling out their 4th string QB with all backups in the WR Core…Buffalo going to dominate.

other than that…ehhhhh

The DVOA ranking disagrees with you here. The Bills had the number 1 defense in DVOA which accounts for how all other teams performed against like opponents. Additionally, Bills were number 1 in pass defense DVOA. 

Certainly the Bills defense can be better, particularly playing elite qb’s as you have alluded too. But making a point via exaggerating (4th string qb’s comment) the circumstances doesn’t do much to help your case. 

DVOA is one the best indicators of team performance because it compares how a team performed against another team in relation to how all other teams did against said team. 

46 minutes ago, Gugny said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MahoPa00.htm

How can 4800 yards, 37 TDs and 13 INTs be considered overrated?  If Josh had that season, half of our fanbase would die from losing too much seemen too quickly.

You might not have heard the breathless raves of media figures across the board. They don't stop at Mahomes is excellent. He has reached divine status and has never, ever, done anything wrong, and anyone who even hints that another player might be at his level is sneered at. THAT is how he can be considered overrated. Having lived in Brady country for 25 years, I'm sensitive to hagiography, but it must be nauseating to others, too. 

3 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

It's not Tua that's the problem, they have Bridgewater now and quite honestly, he's better than Tua. Allen CANNOT take this team lightly

we beat them 61-11 last year he hasn't taken them lightly he feasts on them and pads the stats. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.