Tyreek seeking a trade [Now: Traded to the Dolphins]

Dablitzkrieg

53 minutes ago, Putin said:

So for a team who wasn’t in the conversation even for a wild card are now SB contender by adding a great WR ? 

He is very afraid of the Dolphins, he was the one saying they were going to win the AFC East. Ita comical at this point,  every time he is wrong but keeps making the same mistake.

Edited by TBBills

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Almost 50 pages! Wow.  Lots of ptsd?  I’m afraid to look at this thread 

A mixed bag really.

A good amount of: "who cares because Tua is throwing him the ball", "This helps the chiefs get his contract off the books and replace him with a 1st rd receiver" and everything in between.

19 hours ago, HappyDays said:

How does trading him at this point in the offseason help their defense? The big defensive free agents are off the market. The most optimistic outlook you can have about this trade is that they'll take a temporary step back this year and use the acquired assets to rebuild the team for the future. There us no way you can spin this trade as helping the Chiefs in 2022. They didn't even get any particularly valuable picks out of it. When I first heard about the trade I assumed they would get a top 16 pick and take Jameson Williams or Chris Olave, and that would be something you could put a positive spin on. Instead they got some picks that can be used to build the depth of the team, in exchange for a game changing elite talent. Give me the game changing elite talent over the depth every time.

Before the trade, the Chiefs couldn't keep Mathieu. Now they can if they desire. The trade now allows them to add someone like CB Gilmore if they desire. It allows them to trade for a defensive player now that they've cleared space (Veach has made a ton of trades in his time, including last year for Melvin Ingram and LT Orlando Brown, on top of the Tyreek trade, on top of countless others.) There will still be post June 1 cuts. And most obviously, they have eight picks in the first four rounds, and he will likely package a few of them to move up to select a defensive player or two who can make an instant impact. Or a stud WR in mid 1st round. So yes, this can for sure help the team in 2022 on the whole, even while acknowledging that Tyreek was special beyond words. 

11 minutes ago, beebe said:

Before the trade, the Chiefs couldn't keep Mathieu. Now they can if they desire. The trade now allows them to add someone like CB Gilmore if they desire. It allows them to trade for a defensive player now that they've cleared space (Veach has made a ton of trades in his time, including last year for Melvin Ingram and LT Orlando Brown, on top of the Tyreek trade, on top of countless others.) There will still be post June 1 cuts. And most obviously, they have eight picks in the first four rounds, and he will likely package a few of them to move up to select a defensive player or two who can make an instant impact. Or a stud WR in mid 1st round. So yes, this can for sure help the team in 2022 on the whole, even while acknowledging that Tyreek was special beyond words. 

LMAO this is hilarious.

The Chiefs can now add a player (like MVS, nice). Excellent use of $10M.

They can also trade for a defensive player. Which defensive player? Idk. Someone. Maybe.

They can also draft players. They can package those picks, and get instant impact players/stud WR's. The classic move. Everyone knows working a little package action in the third round ALWAYS means instant impact.

Ya'll should hear yourselves. The Chiefs are like the old Pats to you.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, beebe said:

You're a Chiefs fan, right? So at any point before the Tyreek Hill trade was announced, did you ever think even once that trading Tyreek Hill would be a good move to improve the team in 2022? If not then we can establish that you are trying to rationalize the trade after it already happened because you're a fan. If Diggs is traded this offseason I won't be happy about it. I'm not going to force myself to think otherwise if it does happen. Elite players at premium positions are always worth more to a team in its Super Bowl window than the assets received in exchange. No combination of solid but not elite defensive players will make up for the loss of Tyreek Hill.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, beebe said:

The trade allows them to do a bunch of things - winning the Super Bowl in 2022 isn't one of them.  Mahomes is why they will be relevant and a threat every year.  But Hill was at the center of how they attacked you.

That said - I love their oline.  CEH could have a breakout year.  I think they're going to reinvent themselves and you have to trust Reid knows what he's doing.  

But Kelce is going to get double coverage and all kinds of attention.  And with how brutal that division will be and how tough the AFC is they just won't seamlessly transition from Tyreek Hill and still be on top of the conference.  

Let's see how much "YAC" Hill gets when he is slowing down to catch the ball or trying to grab the pass from behind. 

Mahomes put Hill in position to use his speed to separate and stay like that with accurate passing to keep Hill in stride as he ran his route.

Edited by TBBills

On 3/23/2022 at 2:40 PM, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Eh, is it all that different from us trading for Diggs? They’ve committed to their rookie QB and are putting him in a position where he can have no excuses.

For us, Allen blossomed. For them, we’ll see.

But if they learn they need to part w/ Tua they’ll still have a solid enough offensive core to be attractive to a top QB should another become available. 

Dude seriously !?!? Dont even compare tua to Allen

image.png.14d7e88bfd1c995724bd6b97df8bdf6d.png

It only took a few hours for the overreactions to the Tyreek Hill trade to roll in.

On Wednesday, the Miami Dolphins acquired the wide receiver from the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for five draft picks. With the addition of Hill, the Dolphins have no shortage of playmakers. In addition to Hill, Miami has Jaylen Waddle, Mike Gesicki, Raheem Mostert, Cedrick Wilson, Chase Edmonds and DeVante Parker.

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2022/03/dolphins-arent-losing-to-bills-this-year-following-tyreek-hill-trade-says-former-nfl-wr.html

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 9

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Dude seriously !?!? Dont even compare tua to Allen

Remember the part you quoted from me where I said “For them, we’ll see”?

I didn’t think so. 

I think it is possible Tua makes a step forward w/ a great WR1-2 and inventive playcaller to match his skill set. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.