Tyreek seeking a trade [Now: Traded to the Dolphins]

Dablitzkrieg

Von Miller thread at 63 pages.

Dolphins get Tyreke and we’re at 43 pages in a number of hours. 

Interesting. 

Hill definitely makes them more dynamic, crazy speed on the outside, but will Tua be effective getting it to them? Waddle was basically used in a Beasley role last year. Not sure I’m concerned until they get a QB. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

The minute Tre went down, CB was a need, so this trade doesn't move the needle in terms of CB need for the Bills.

Yeah i know my point was really if it moved the needle at all for them taling a safety earlier than expected

Edited by BillsSbSoon

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

For one thing, I think you overestimate the Chiefs' ability to easily replace a guy like Tyreek Hill. In his first six seasons, he's made the Pro Bowl six times and has three First Team All-Pros. He's only the 4th WR since 1970 to catch at least six touchdown passes in each of his first six seasons. The other three? Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison, and Larry Fitzgerald. He is indisputably the primary engine of the Chiefs offense and he drastically changes the way that teams defend the Chiefs. Subtracting him from that team absolutely could make them much less effective, even IF they draft two shiny new rookie WRs, because very few have the game-changing speed and ability of Tyreek Hill.

Secondly, as it relates to the Bills -- the Chiefs have undeniably been the main impediment to the Bills making the Super Bowl the past two seasons. In his last two playoff games against the Bills, Hill has 20 catches for 320 yards and 2 TDs. Seeing that type of talent leave the roster of our main playoff rival these past two seasons is a good thing.

Lastly, you're right: We have to face Hill twice a year now. But with how often we've been facing the Chiefs in the regular season and playoffs, we were facing him twice a year anyway, but on a better opponent! I think people would rather bank on the idea that while the Dolphins will be better, the Bills have gone 7-1 against them in the past eight games and Allen tends to play them really well every time they line up. We already KNOW that Hill makes the Chiefs almost impossible to defend. What we DON'T know is whether he'll do the same for the Dolphins. He could, sure, but it's no lock. Better, in the opinion of many, to definitely weaken the stronger competition (the Chiefs) and POSSIBLY -- even LIKELY -- strengthen the weaker competition (the Dolphins), knowing that it still probably doesn't put them at the Bills' level.

My post doesn't carry much weight obviously, but as I was driving home today from Syracuse listening to the NFL Network on Sirius, they had plenty of their usual NFL experts including Polian stating that even with Tua being a mixed bag at QB, his strengths of throwing on the run will play into Hills strengths. Evidently Miami has also solidified the O-Line and RB positions as well. Plus many of the Sirius x-coaches stated that WR position is truly loaded in this draft, and Andy Reid can do wonders even with raw rookies if they have the tools. I don't see the Chiefs dropping down much if at all. I thought they played a bit complacent last year. No more. Frankly I worry more about the Chargers and the Bronco's anyway. I always thought that the Bills very weak scheduler last year was more of a hindrance, as they had trouble with the better teams when they came around. That won't be the problem this year.   

Bottom Line:

Tyreek Hill is a great player, IMO, the best offensive player in the NFL outside of QBs.  He will make the Dolphins a better team because he is a dynamic weapon

That said: 

The haul the Dolphins had to give up, plus the money they had to outlay, plus the lack of high level QB play in MIA makes me think in the end thus will not be a deal that works out swimmingly for MIA.

I'm actually surprised there wasn't a few NFC teams willing to match that compensation package.....would've liked the move for the acquiring team much more if they had a good QB

2 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

My post doesn't carry much weight obviously, but as I was driving home today from Syracuse listening to the NFL Network on Sirius, they had plenty of their usual NFL experts including Polian stating that even with Tua being a mixed bag at QB, his strengths of throwing on the run will play into Hills strengths. Evidently Miami has also solidified the O-Line and RB positions as well. Plus many of the Sirius x-coaches stated that WR position is truly loaded in this draft, and Andy Reid can do wonders even with raw rookies if they have the tools. I don't see the Chiefs dropping down much if at all. I thought they played a bit complacent last year. No more. Frankly I worry more about the Chargers and the Bronco's anyway. I always thought that the Bills very weak scheduler last year was more of a hindrance, as they had trouble with the better teams when they came around. That won't be the problem this year.   

You have to understand that every single offseason the media gets mad hype about Miami.... it's a big market. 

Miami just lost their HC and is changing their entire staff- how good you think they gonna be in their first season??????

At the end of the day this could turn into a major blow in the short-term for KC, which I have to see as a huge boon for buffalo. Tyreek ALWAYS makes a HUGE play for KC every time we play them. It will be nice that he is no longer there.

Edited by BillsFan692

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Yea but the Bills have a QB and a team for that trade. So it would be good for the Bills, Dolphins don't even know if Tua is gonna start.

I feel like the Dolphins still think Watson is up for grabs when they made this deal.

Just because you aren’t sure you have a franchise QB doesn’t mean you don’t improve your team. It’s a lousy QB draft so waiting a year when you have two firsts is fine. 

2 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Just because you aren’t sure you have a franchise QB doesn’t mean you don’t improve your team. It’s a lousy QB draft so waiting a year when you have two firsts is fine. 

Never said they didn't improve but it won't get them anywhere giving up so much,  and paying for a guy who will lose his ability sooner then later. It isn't as big as some people here make it.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They have a lot more holes than they can fill with one draft…kind of an odd situation. I’d say I wouldn’t have done it but time will tell.  Tyreeks gonna hit a wall at some point soon or I would think kc finds a way to keep him.  If tua was better this trade is a no brainer for them 

I could swear I saw an article in the past week that Tyreek had already signed an extension.  Maybe there is some bad blood there, maybe he saw the Adams deal and went for the bigger money, but I’m sure if there was a way, KC would have kept him. KC got a lot of decent draft picks and Miami got a big star to put some fannies in the seats.  Good deal for both and Tyreek makes bank too. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.