Tyreek seeking a trade [Now: Traded to the Dolphins]

Dablitzkrieg

A lot of Punters here painting this trade as a net-win for the Bills. I don't see ANY way this is remotely true. My visions of the Bills LB's and entire secondary flailing at Hill as he ran by them, insultingly waving at them like they were standing still is still etched in my mind, and now that will happen 2 times a year! Chiefs will now be likely choosing 2 WR's in the 1st round, and likely getting BETTER given the talent available, with tons of cap space to boot! Further hurting the Bills chances of getting a decent WR in the draft. Plus Diggs is going to be looking for Hill/Adams money and the Bills can't come even remotely close. Diggs is hardly a wall-flower, and will likely be stirring things up shortly. This was NOT a good day for the Bills. They are still the favorites in the east, but it's not a slam dunk, and those two "Cakewalk" games against the Dolphins is no more. Don't forget, the Fins were having a great FA period before the Hill deal, and they have better new head coach. Bills 2022 schedule was already formidable, those two "Easy" games on the schedule are gone. The rivalry is back! The Dolphins will certainly remember all the recent poundings they have taken by the Bills.             

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

2 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

A lot of Punters here painting this trade as a net-win for the Bills. I don't see ANY way this is remotely true. My visions of the Bills LB's and entire secondary flailing at Hill as he ran by them, insultingly waving at them like they were standing still is still etched in my mind, and now that will happen 2 times a year! Chiefs will now be likely choosing 2 WR's in the 1st round, and likely getting BETTER given the talent available, with tons of cap space to boot! Further hurting the Bills chances of getting a decent WR in the draft. Plus Diggs is going to be looking for Hill/Adams money and the Bills can't come even remotely close. Diggs is hardly a wall-flower, and will likely be stirring things up shortly. This was NOT a good day for the Bills. They are still the favorites in the east, but it's not a slam dunk, and those two "Cakewalk" games against the Dolphins is no more. Don't forget, the Fins were having a great FA period before the Hill deal, and they have better new head coach. Bills 2022 schedule was already formidable, those two "Easy" games on the schedule are gone. The rivalry is back! The Dolphins will certainly remember all the recent poundings they have taken by the Bills.             

Add to that: The Bills were fighting for their playoff lives late last season. Bills are better but so is everyone else in the AFC and the odds the Bills go 6-0 in the division are low. 

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Honestly. I really haven’t paid much attention to him until today…. But likely. A large segment of the population adds “s” to the end of names subconsciously. 

Come to Ohio where they add an s to everything. Krogers. Meijers. The worst. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

For one thing, I think you overestimate the Chiefs' ability to easily replace a guy like Tyreek Hill. In his first six seasons, he's made the Pro Bowl six times and has three First Team All-Pros. He's only the 4th WR since 1970 to catch at least six touchdown passes in each of his first six seasons. The other three? Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison, and Larry Fitzgerald. He is indisputably the primary engine of the Chiefs offense and he drastically changes the way that teams defend the Chiefs. Subtracting him from that team absolutely could make them much less effective, even IF they draft two shiny new rookie WRs, because very few have the game-changing speed and ability of Tyreek Hill.

Secondly, as it relates to the Bills -- the Chiefs have undeniably been the main impediment to the Bills making the Super Bowl the past two seasons. In his last two playoff games against the Bills, Hill has 20 catches for 320 yards and 2 TDs. Seeing that type of talent leave the roster of our main playoff rival these past two seasons is a good thing.

Lastly, you're right: We have to face Hill twice a year now. But with how often we've been facing the Chiefs in the regular season and playoffs, we were facing him twice a year anyway, but on a better opponent! I think people would rather bank on the idea that while the Dolphins will be better, the Bills have gone 7-1 against them in the past eight games and Allen tends to play them really well every time they line up. We already KNOW that Hill makes the Chiefs almost impossible to defend. What we DON'T know is whether he'll do the same for the Dolphins. He could, sure, but it's no lock. Better, in the opinion of many, to definitely weaken the stronger competition (the Chiefs) and POSSIBLY -- even LIKELY -- strengthen the weaker competition (the Dolphins), knowing that it still probably doesn't put them at the Bills' level.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Here's one thing we should all be able to agree on:  Not only is NFL football a superior product, the league's off-season is more compelling than all the other leagues' combined, by a factor of about 10.   

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

In general, I think McDaniel will find tons of creative, effective ways to use Miami's team speed. 

Screens, jet sweeps, RPOs, WRs flexing into the backfield...

Hill, Waddle, Mostert, Edmonds, Bowden (as you mention)...Then, when you're concentrated on all that speed, Mike Gesicki and Cedrick Wilson catching 1st downs underneath.

Dolphins offense will be a lot harder to deal with than in recent seasons, even WITH Tua's limited physical skillset.

Everyone rightly points out that Tua doesn't/can't throw long effectively, but here's a stat: Tua had the 4th shortest average distance per throw in the NFL. Who had the 5th shortest? Patrick Mahomes.

There will certainly be using a lot of motion and other tactics to gain favorable matchups and force defenses to reveal coverages. It’s going to be interesting to see how McD and Frazier counter all of this. Fortunately, there are plenty of examples of this type of offense in the NFL now.

I’m still interested to see how Dorsey evolves this offense with OJ Howard, etc. Definitely looks as though we’re gonna take running the ball seriously this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

@TBBills, would love to know why you thumbs-downed my post about the Dolphins being tougher on offense this year than last.

I mean it's fine if you disagree, but is there any good reason to think they won't be better after the pieces they've added? Gotta hear the reasoning.

• Dislike 1

Really hope this isn’t the new trend… star WR’s “gettin that bag” by leaving contenders to go play for lesser teams and lesser QB’s.   

If so, so be it… but at least Adams is going to a good team, with a QB he’s best friend with.   Tyreek Hill is a pure money grab… nothing more, nothing less. 

5 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Wow, sorry I don’t think the Chiefs did this to help anyone but themselves. Seems like Hill was not happy, they get great value for him. I don’t think they cared who they traded with. With Tua as QB still not sure they challenge the Bills. Certainly puts them in playoff contention and moves Pats into very precarious position in division. 

None of us will know what the underlying reasoning is.  I have a number of speculative possibilities and in the end it doesn't matter the why.  I don't think any team in our division will be a significant threat in the near future.  I do believe that KC considered the Fins being in our division gave them an edge providing the rest of trade compensation was similar to any other team.  Just my opinion don't need you to be like minded about it really the why is irrelevant the trade has been made and we will see how the effects play out on this as well as all the moves.  It certainly has been a freewheeling offseason in the NFL.  

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

It was a good trade for Miami. They essentially forfeit this year’s draft, but have two #1s next year. I would make this trade all day every day. 

They have a lot more holes than they can fill with one draft…kind of an odd situation. I’d say I wouldn’t have done it but time will tell.  Tyreeks gonna hit a wall at some point soon or I would think kc finds a way to keep him.  If tua was better this trade is a no brainer for them 

17 minutes ago, wjag said:

I’m in the “it was a brilliant move by KC”. I believe Mahommes can ability-up those that play with him.  KC can now shore up the defense with those picks at a better price point.   If Kelce was the one to bolt, I think KC would have been diminished.  They can and will replace Hill.  

Miami entered the conversation with this move.  I think guys like Waddle, Wilson and Hill can make him a better QB.  Mostert in the backfield was a big add too.  

Bills v Miami games are going to be much more competitive now.  Should be fun. 

Clearly you and I have a different definition of fun.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.