Tyreek seeking a trade [Now: Traded to the Dolphins]

Dablitzkrieg

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

No he didn't actually  1 year Alex Smith had zero TDs to WRs and all of them were to his RBs and TEs... it was Kelcy that made Alex Smith. He had no deep passes.

One of the more shocking developments of the 2017 season was the statistical heights Alex Smith, regarded as a mere game manager for years, reached as a passer for the Chiefs. It was a year on par with Matt Ryan's 2016 MVP season from an efficiency standpoint. His most notable improvement came as a downfield passer. Smith attempted 4.2 deep passes per game (10th-most among qualifying quarterbacks) this past season to just 2.9 the year prior. His deep-passing effectiveness was not just markedly better, it was at league-best levels, as he ranked first in long-ball passer rating, deep completion rate and percentage of overall yards coming on deep throws. Smith didn't rank higher than 20th in any of those categories in 2016. The influence of having the NFL's best deep threat as your No. 1 wideout in Tyreek Hill was real and noticeable. Smith will now take his talents to Washington in an effort to show 2017 was the start of a new trend in his career, not just a glaring outlier.

https://www.nfl.com/news/alex-smith-matthew-stafford-head-top-deep-ball-throwers-of-17-0ap3000000921980

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, AuntieEm said:

Fear no other teams, but RESPECT every single team no matter what, even if the talent is lopsided in favor of your team.  

I'm sure the Chiefs did this trade more to ensure the Bills have some competition for division and not a cakewalk for the 1 seed which I personally believe the Bills will get quite handily as they further convince all other fanbases that the Bills are the best team in football while Josh is our QB.  I really think the Bills are why the trade was made to try help the Dolphins. 

Chiefs know tyreek is gonna slow down at some point I’m sure and they wanted to make sure they got a nice return for him.  They’ll always be dangerous with mahomes so I could see why they did it.  I find the dolphins part of it interesting but it could end up being a great trade for the dolphins for sure…we’ll have to wait and see 😁

How did the chiefs pass up the number 10 overall pick from the jets…kind of crazy part of this people aren’t talking about much.  

5 minutes ago, mob16151 said:

Waddle is gonna feast this year for the dolphins.

Still comes down to if they can shore up the right side of their oline the rest of FA/in the draft or it’ll all be underneath stuff again got them. 

7 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Yeah Hill will get open alot.

But is Tua capable of getting him the ball consistently?

This division is still ours.

Hill will go from 4 games a season of being non relevant  to 8 games a season.

Dolphins giving up 5 picks!?!?!

Edited by TBBills

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think cincy is a bit of a one year wonder sadly…I’d be surprised if Baltimore doesn’t win that division.  They had like 40 guys on IR and were still very competitive 

I’m just not a Jackson believer.. I think he will choke when facing two QBs who can light it up fast and his run first won’t work.. but heck I’ve been wrong before.

32 minutes ago, Nelius said:

As has Tyreek Hill. Just last year alone he had stunning game totals of 14, 37, 22, 19, and 2 yards. Completely disappeared for more than a quarter of the season. I expect more of these with Tua at the helm.

If you're a defensive coordinator, who would you be more concerned about, Tyreek Hill or Diggs?

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Mostart and Armstead can't stay on the field

Chase Edmonds is meh.  

Waddle caught 100 five yard passes.  

And Tua isn't known for a deep passing game like Mahomes.  This is like developing and putting together a great oline for Zach Moss..

I get why the Dolphins did it but.  Not really. 

Concern sure.  We need DBs.  Panic?  Absolutely not.  

I've seen Tyreek turn enough 7 yard crossers into TDs to get why the Fish wanted him. Best way to maximize Tua's only strong suit, short accurate passes.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, mannc said:

If you're a defensive coordinator, who would you be more concerned about, Tyreek Hill or Diggs?

I'm not a defensive coordinator so it's tough to answer this question based on Madden skills alone. Hill certainly looks more athletic, but perhaps Coordinators fear Diggs' game intelligence more, neither of us really know. I'd definitely be more concerned about Diggs and Allen than Tua and Hill.

All this big $$$ flying around, price on Diggs just keeps going up, hopefully Beane hasn't already been priced out of being able to retain him. They are likely going to have to work something out sooner rather than later to keep things smooth sailing into training camp, as Diggs has earned an extension as much as any of the other guys getting massive deals.  

Honestly not sure what I would do in Beane's shoes if it came down to a similar situation as Tyreek's.  Especially if you can get that 1st rounder back and then some, then sign/trade draft other respectable WR options.  Wouldn't be popular with the fan base but I don't love the idea of tying up so much guaranteed $$$ and cap space in WRs about to be 30.  Diggs will be 29 in November, but he does do a great job of protecting himself on the field, and the chemistry with 17 is undeniable, so the argument can be made either way.  

With this franchise on what it feels like it the precipice of something special, it makes the decision that much harder. Extend him and keep that continuity with Josh, or deal him and avoid a massive contract, get a sizeable return and use those picks to get a couple WRs on cheap contracts?  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.