If we make ZERO moves between now & the draft and you had to bet everything on our 1st round draft pick, it would be...?

Round 1 draft pick  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Position we draft in round 1 if no more moves after signing Jamison Crowder

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

"With the 25th pick in the NFL draft the Buffalo Bills select from Washington CB Trent McDuffie".

would love that pick.  Think he is gone by then.  I'm thinking Andrew Booth Jr. from Clemson.  

Also wouldn't surprise me if Bean liked a particular CB and traded up to get him.  

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not surprised that CB is the top answer.

I am surprised that so few people are voting for OL.  Josh was under siege in a number of games last year.  Not only does our porous OL slow down our offense, it puts the health and well-being of our most valuable player at risk.

Do we all believe that the additions of Saffold, Mancz and Kromer are enough to keep Josh safe and give him a clean pocket?

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I am asking this question primarily because I see a GAPING hole at CB right now. Plus though we all hope Tredavious White will be back and ready to play in prime form in September... you've gotta be prepared if he's not.

That leaves our #1 and #2 CB position in question.

Even if we went out and got Joe Haden right now, I think we're still in dire straights at CB.

I won't be upset with WR or even Breece Hall in the 1st...

but I'd be shocked unless something happens...

And simply playing the odds - YOU WILL NOT get that CB1 or even 2 holding at 25

Which is why I've been so adamant about trading up and leaving the decision up to us and not dictated to us. 

It is a near certainty that 3 CBs are going in the top 20.  If we feel strongly one of those is a difference making starter vs the 4th, 5th, or 2nd round or later guy on our board - you trade the f.... up.

31 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I'm not surprised that CB is the top answer.

I am surprised that so few people are voting for OL.  Josh was under siege in a number of games last year.  Not only does our porous OL slow down our offense, it puts the health and well-being of our most valuable player at risk.

Do we all believe that the additions of Saffold, Mancz and Kromer are enough to keep Josh safe and give him a clean pocket?

I am sure Beane will select OL in the draft I just don't think it will be Rd 1.

Cornerback is probably the most likely.  If the Bates gets an offer the Bills decline to match, it would create a need at guard as acute as the need for cornerback.   While cornerback is the most acute need the Bills have at the moment, they could probably pick up a cornerback in round 2 with starting potential, but they do need to give it serious attention in any case.

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

would love that pick.  Think he is gone by then.  I'm thinking Andrew Booth Jr. from Clemson.  

Also wouldn't surprise me if Bean liked a particular CB and traded up to get him.  

Booth is my absolute dream pick. He was built in a lab to play in this defense. I have him as the best corner in the class. He is my #4 overall player. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Cornerback is this team's only glaring need considering we lost Levi Wallace and Tre White may not be ready week 1 based on an average 9 month recovery period for ACL tears. 

Is RG not a glaring weakness?  

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

And simply playing the odds - YOU WILL NOT get that CB1 or even 2 holding at 25

Which is why I've been so adamant about trading up and leaving the decision up to us and not dictated to us. 

It is a near certainty that 3 CBs are going in the top 20.  If we feel strongly one of those is a difference making starter vs the 4th, 5th, or 2nd round or later guy on our board - you trade the f.... up.

Which ones are not capable CB2s?

Sauce

Stingley

Mcduffie

booth

Elam

Gordon

mccreary

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Sauce, Stingley, and McDuffie will be gone.  Will 1 more?

And after that I don't know.  

Yeah….they’ll be gone.  dude said there weren’t any capable cb2s available @ 25. 

Will draft at least 2 cb sign 2 vets scan the wire daily .this team seems to have the ability to find defensive backs.

if they don’t quit in the middle of a game a veteran should help . 
dolphins will be tough to beat except they still have Tua who may be a major bust!

21 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You can’t really think that we’re using our 1st rd pick with Miami in mind can you? 

Beane is very big at ensuring maintaining superiority in the division.  That coupled with it is a glaring need and CB does not have as much high end talent as WR does in this draft class, and it makes it almost a no-brainer.  Should have a pick of a few good ones because of so many good DL up higher in the draft.

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Beane is very big at ensuring maintaining superiority in the division.  That coupled with it is a glaring need and CB does not have as much high end talent as WR does in this draft class, and it makes it almost a no-brainer.  Should have a pick of a few good ones because of so many good DL up higher in the draft.

I don’t think there’s a chance that our first rd pick could be impacted by a dolphins trade.  Surely hope that isn’t the case.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think there’s a chance that our first rd pick could be impacted by a dolphins trade.  Surely hope that isn’t the case.

I think it was 95% they were going CB in round 1, and now it probably went to 99.8%

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.