Pick 25: G Zion Johnson vs WR Jameson Williams

FFadpecr

These 2 are on the board at 25. Who would you take?  

202 members have voted

1. 1. These 2 are on the board at 25. Who would you take?

• G Zion Johnson
    • WR Jameson Williams

If Jamison Williams is there I think he will easily be the pick. But I think he still goes top 20. Next is CB, I think Trent McDuffie is their guy, I think he would excel in this defense but I think he also goes top 20. Next is CB Booth Jr from Clemson. His legitimately in play at 25, potentially WR Burks as well. Booth and Burks are your legitimate picks.

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Agree 1

After the splash that Miami just made with Tyreek Hill............ gimme Jameson Williams!!  Look, put it this way, it's only a wait of a few weeks before he'll become available to play, and when he does nobody, but Nobody, will be able to cover our wideouts.  And with Josh throwing the ball, well, the Offense will literally be unstoppable.

I picked Zion based on this upcoming season, and the depth of the wr class. I feel like quality wr’s can be had into the 4th or 5th rounds, where as a guard like Zion, not so much. Zion could easily be a day 1 starter and more. Can you imagine Allen with a beastly o-line? He would carve up any defense, even with a subpar wr group (which we don’t have, we have a great group). 

2 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

If Jamison Williams is there I think he will easily be the pick. But I think he still goes top 20. Next is CB, I think Trent McDuffie is their guy, I think he would excel in this defense but I think he also goes top 20. Next is CB Booth Jr from Clemson. His legitimately in play at 25, potentially WR Burks as well. Booth and Burks are your legitimate picks.

I’d prefer Booth, but I like every name you mention and would be good with any of them. 

Draft night will be so exciting! There just seems to be many so many options/directions we can go at 25, especially compared to other years. We all expected de or defense last year, and we all expected Ed (or most did) with our previous first round pick. 

6 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Well, you’re wrong about a lot of that. I’m not going to explain why a third time though.  Just one question: when is the last time a rookie OG made a big difference in a Super Bowl run?  Or any difference at all?

I like both players, but I’ll note this. Having poor iol play will certainly limit a chance at a Super Bowl run. If we don’t get Bates back, this is a glaring hole and there aren’t many options out there right now outside of the draft. I’m sure there are plenty of starting caliber guards that will be available outside of the first though, so it’s a matter of identifying them and making it happen.  

Regardless of position, the best picks in the first round are the ones that the team feels can be a special player, regardless of position. Zion seems to be at worst a day 1 solid contributor on the line. At best, he could be a superstar guard. 

I really Pickens from Georgia, and he could potentially be had in the second, but would probably require a slight move up the board. In the end, I feel there are so many viable wr’s all throughout the draft, that we can afford to get one later. However, I would not be mad one bit with Williams being picked at 25. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

So I wouldn't say it is a deep drop off, but I personally do think there is a clear top 5 (the 5 you listed above) and I think they will be jumbled up among teams. 

Just after that 5 I have Watson and Dotson and then another small drop before I get to the Pickens, Tolbert, Bell tier. 

My concerns on Dotson are that I think he is a slot only and I worry about him getting off against press coverage. A lot of free releases the way he was used in college and when he doesn't get one he can get stuck at the line. 

After the top 5 wr’s, how does the next group compare ranking wise to Zion?

4 minutes ago, BTB said:

Have to be careful when drafting Alabama and Ohio State(just two examples) WR’s? How hard is to to play wide open pitch and catch against inferior opponents for the majority of the season?

The nfl scouts traits

18 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Does anyone know specific details on Williams knee? (and not the combine propaganda) I suspect the answer is no, it’s a big chance to take a guy who’s nick name could end up being Jameson “ the knee“ Williams,  or protection for your $250,000,000.00 investment, ie; Josh Allen, especially in what is evidently a go for broke season.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

All sounds good, time to heal properly is a case to case, we shall see, it all depends on if he slides a bit, and who wants to take the chance, 

15 hours ago, Deadstroke said:

After the splash that Miami just made with Tyreek Hill............ gimme Jameson Williams!!  Look, put it this way, it's only a wait of a few weeks before he'll become available to play, and when he does nobody, but Nobody, will be able to cover our wideouts.  And with Josh throwing the ball, well, the Offense will literally be unstoppable.

Not if he doesn't get the protection to pass. Not if he doesn't have a serviceable running game. Remember these were issue last year? The Oline performance is going to be the key to the offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Tanoros said:

After the top 5 wr’s, how does the next group compare ranking wise to Zion?

I read this last night in the pub but wanted to wait until I had my board in front of me to answer....

So I have Christian Watson (my WR6) a point above Zion on my board. Dotson (my WR7) has the same grade as Zion. If it came to a straight pick em between the two I'd go receiver on positional value. So I suppose I'm getting to all of my top 7 receivers would have to be gone for me to be comfortable picking Johnson who is my IOL3 (Linderbaum #1 and Kenyon Green #2). And I just don't think Zion will last that long. I have a mock I am planning to publish at the weekend and I have the OL guys coming off the board early in round 1. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I read this last night in the pub but wanted to wait until I had my board in front of me to answer....

So I have Christian Watson (my WR6) a point above Zion on my board. Dotson (my WR7) has the same grade as Zion. If it came to a straight pick em between the two I'd go receiver on positional value. So I suppose I'm getting to all of my top 7 receivers would have to be gone for me to be comfortable picking Johnson who is my IOL3 (Linderbaum #1 and Kenyon Green #2). And I just don't think Zion will last that long. I have a mock I am planning to publish at the weekend and I have the OL guys coming off the board early in round 1. 

If the top 6 wr went early, how would you feel about Christian Watson at 25? After Tyreek’s new contract, I’m starting to think we really need to consider wr early. We have to have insurance for Diggs in case we can’t make an extension work. 

1 minute ago, Tanoros said:

If the top 6 wr went early, how would you feel about Christian Watson at 25? After Tyreek’s new contract, I’m starting to think we really need to consider wr early. We have to have insurance for Diggs in case we can’t make an extension work. 

I think Watson is a sleeper to sneak into the back of round 1. I'd think it was a bit of a reach but not a massive one. He is currently my 28th overall player on my board so I wouldn't hate it. The only thing I'd say is if 6 receivers have gone early then likely one of the corners has found his way do to us.... and I'd probably prioritise that. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Watson is a sleeper to sneak into the back of round 1. I'd think it was a bit of a reach but not a massive one. He is currently my 28th overall player on my board so I wouldn't hate it. The only thing I'd say is if 6 receivers have gone early then likely one of the corners has found his way do to us.... and I'd probably prioritise that. 

Good point about a corner falling in that scenario. I’m so torn on what/who I’d like to see is draft in the first. I can’t wait to take a look at your mock draft, they are always a must a read. 

Who is your favorite potential pick 25 for us? Or even someone who may require a slight move up?