Armstead signs with Dolphins

BuffaloBills1998

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Tua's also a lefty, odd they signed to fix left side. 

Good point. Hunt is really good and Eichenberg flipping over there makes it better. Jesse Davis might be the worst linemen in the league. Austin Jackson was a horrible draft pick. The Dolphins just keep wasting elite picks on JAGs. 

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Good point. Hunt is really good and Eichenberg flipping over there makes it better. Jesse Davis might be the worst linemen in the league. Austin Jackson was a horrible draft pick. The Dolphins just keep wasting elite picks on JAGs. 

That is how I feel about our DL TBH. We have become the Jets, looking for early DL gold draft after draft, or the Lions trying to draft WR.

But not only do we miss in drafts, we also miss in FA. Lots of $$$ spent on subpar DL.

Edited by RocCityRoller

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

That is how I feel about our DL TBH

I love Oliver and like Rousseau and Basham. Basham is much better than we have seen imo. But only Oliver and Rousseau were first round guys and both were upside plays which I am good with. I don’t understand the Epenesa pick. That and Cody Ford obsession just baffle me. 

3 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

That is how I feel about our DL TBH. We have become the Jets, looking for early DL gold, or the Lions trying to draft WR.

But not only do we miss in drafts, we also miss in FA. Lots of $$$ spent on subpar DL.

Yes on the FA thing. They keep throwing crap against the wall to see what sticks. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

That is how I feel about our DL TBH. We have become the Jets, looking for early DL gold, or the Lions trying to draft WR.

Despite not having an elite pass rusher we last year we finished 10th in sack last season, we get sacks from rushing DBs and LBs. Now Miller gives us a presence we not had before.

11 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

If Carl Lawson can stay healthy they have that but not much more.

That’s a pretty big IF and that’s really nothing even if he’s healthy. Jets are the new old Buffalo Bills during the drought era.  And the Pats are falling apart, losing McDaniels will definitely stunt Mac’s growth

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

That’s a pretty big IF and that’s really nothing even if he’s healthy. Jets are the new old Buffalo Bills during the drought era.  And the Pats are falling apart, losing McDaniels will definitely stunt Mac’s growth

I agree Patriots aren't same without McDaniels and GM Belichick not as good as the coach. Saleh doesn't impress me and think Miami was foolish letting go of Flores for "the genius" as think he unproven.

Their line was the biggest reason for their inept offense parts of last season.  Tua isn’t great, but a well executed shanahan offense doesn’t need a great qb.  Their OL is much improved and they’ll be able to run the ball with mostert 4until he gets hurt).  Edmonds is a nice receiving option.  Waddle is a stud and Parker is serviceable. Gesicki a nice option. Cedrick Wilson and sherfield are solid depth.  If their coach and OC can get the shanny scheme working, they could challenge for the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, Mikie's Bills said:

Heading into the draft I would put them a smidge above NE for 2nd in the division. We'll see if Tua can stay healthy

Well if the Phins are even with the Pats then they are leaving them behind. Belichick is a below average drafter. Wheels come off in NE for good next year.

17 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

NO arguably has worse QBs than Miami. 

14 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

They don’t have a QB. Winston coming off an ACL tear isn’t going to get the job done neither is Hill or whoever they had play against Miami last season

They are pretty thin at WR too.  Thomas missed all of last year and only played half a season in 2020.

They got the unusual ST/WR Deonte Harris and that's about it.

Marques Callaway when called upon heavy last year did not play all that well.

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Despite not having an elite pass rusher we last year we finished 10th in sack last season, we get sacks from rushing DBs and LBs. Now Miller gives us a presence we not had before.

OBD had to finally spend on a 'premium' guy since they have failed everywhere else. The best success of McBeane at DL was Addison at 7 sacks a year. When I pointed that out previously many disagreed. At least Addison led the team in sacks while he was here. Too bad QBs and RBs ran through his weak arm tackles too often.

Von Miller is 33 this week. Might have 1-2 yrs of potential double digit sacks left. I know most top pass rushers in FA this year were older (Jones/ Miller) or were question marks to availability (Mack/ Z Smith). Keep in mind Buffalo has spent 2 x 1st and 2x 2nd round picks on DL the past 3 years. 0 legitimate hits. 0, on top of all the FA DL spending.

The simple fact is that OBD has failed to produce a balanced and cost effective DL.

That has hurt spending and draft picks elsewhere, like OL/ DB and WR. Safety is going to be an issue in the near future too.

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

He's not a bad QB, I hope the Bills don't look past the dolphins like so many fans do. They have a solid roster.

Tua is meh.

We are in their heads. Kinda like the Patriots were in ours.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.