NFL. com's Hanzus ranks Bills as #1 team in offseason after Miller signing

freddyjj

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-post-2022-nfl-free-agency

Dan Hanzus elevates the Bills from previous #3 ranking to #1.  Rams drop from 1 to 2, Chiefs from 2 to 3.  The "All in" mantra is strong with this one.  I would feel better with a true stud CB opposite Tre - likely through draft.  Also need a speed WR to play outside and a RG - I am hoping it will be Bates.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We had a great off-season last year too.  I thought Beane did a great job bring back his own guys in Milano, Wallace, and Williams and of course extending Allen.  He upgraded WR with Sanders.  He also got some gusy to take pay cuts. 

This off-season so far looks even better.  I don't worship at the altar of Beane like some others on this board and disagree with some moves, but I can't fault any move so far this off-season.  I may have brought back Sanders over Crowder and may have tried to keep Wallace for the small dollars he signed in Pittsburgh.  But assuming they draft a CB high I'm absolutely fine with the direction so far. 

I just hope he has the right coaching staff to get the job done.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

Curious how this offseason's roster turnover compares to other teams (in terms of sheer numbers)  Seems like we've done a massive overhaul around the core guys. 

OUT:

Harrison Phillips

Star Lotululei

Vernon Butler

Jerry Hughes

Mario Addison

AJ Klein

Levi Wallace

Cole Beasley

Emmanuel Sanders

Jon Feliciano

Darryl Williams

Matt Breida

Mitch Trubisky

Davis Webb

IN:

Daquan Jones

Tim Settle

Jordan Phillips

Von Miller

Shaq Lawson

Marquel Lee

Roger Saffold

Greg Mancz

Duke Johnson

OJ Howard

Jamison Crowder

Case Keenum

Matt Barkley

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

We did it!!!  We won the offseason!!

Sure hope we win during the season as well.

The Browns won the off-season last year ????  🤪

37 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

rex-ryan-offseason-bills-06-16-16.jpg

"We won the offseason"

A classic moment.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

We had a great off-season last year too.  I thought Beane did a great job bring back his own guys in Milano, Wallace, and Williams and of course extending Allen.  He upgraded WR with Sanders.  He also got some gusy to take pay cuts. 

This off-season so far looks even better.  I don't worship at the altar of Beane like some others on this board and disagree with some moves, but I can't fault any move so far this off-season.  I may have brought back Sanders over Crowder and may have tried to keep Wallace for the small dollars he signed in Pittsburgh.  But assuming they draft a CB high I'm absolutely fine with the direction so far. 

I just hope he has the right coaching staff to get the job done.  

I agree, it’s important that McDermott learns and grows, much the same as he expects of his players.

I will reserve judgement on this point until I see if the right side of our OL is functional, and we have at least 3 very good CB's as well as a decent 3rd. Right now those are 2 cavernous holes in this roster that have yet to be addressed. We need to sign at least 1 FA at CB. I'm thinking a guy like Poole or someone of his caliber could come at a good price if he's healthy and motivated. I'd rather not sign a CB into his 30's, but we may have no choice.

38 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

rex-ryan-offseason-bills-06-16-16.jpg

"We won the offseason"

I mean it is a fun joke but there is something to it, it all builds on itself, you got to be aiming to win the offseason, preseason, regular season, and post season. All anyone will really remember is the last one and some of the second to last, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think they all are important.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Curious how this offseason's roster turnover compares to other teams (in terms of sheer numbers)  Seems like we've done a massive overhaul around the core guys. 

OUT:

Harrison Phillips

Star Lotululei

Vernon Butler

Jerry Hughes

Mario Addison

AJ Klein

Levi Wallace

Cole Beasley

Emmanuel Sanders

Jon Feliciano

Darryl Williams

Matt Breida

Mitch Trubisky

Davis Webb

IN:

Daquan Jones

Tim Settle

Jordan Phillips

Von Miller

Shaq Lawson

Marquel Lee

Roger Saffold

Greg Mancz

Duke Johnson

OJ Howard

Jamison Crowder

Case Keenum

Matt Barkley

we dropped 17 players from 2020 to 2021.  25% to 33% turnover seems to be the norm these days

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SCBills said:

OUT:

Harrison Phillips

Star Lotululei

Vernon Butler

Jerry Hughes

Mario Addison

AJ Klein

Levi Wallace

Cole Beasley

Emmanuel Sanders

Jon Feliciano

Darryl Williams

Matt Breida

Mitch Trubisky

Davis Webb

IN:

Daquan Jones

Tim Settle

Jordan Phillips

Von Miller

Shaq Lawson

Marquel Lee

Roger Saffold

Greg Mancz

Duke Johnson

OJ Howard

Jamison Crowder

Case Keenum

Matt Barkley

Not a single person on that out list would I want back (in a starting role).  I don’t get the love for Levi, dude gets burned more than Hellen Kellers toast.  Everyone else is non starting quality.  

2 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

we dropped 17 players from 2020 to 2021.  25% to 33% turnover seems to be the norm these days

Cutting dead weight.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Not a single person on that out list would I want back (in a starting role).  I don’t get the love for Levi, dude gets burned more than Hellen Kellers toast.  Everyone else is non starting quality.  

Cutting dead weight.  

Yup...very noteworthy that I'd assume most of us look at the list of outgoing players (Trubisky as a back-up aside) and would agree with you.   I know that I do. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Good stuff but nobody cares about paper tigers or offseason champions this time of year.

Media love was off the charts at times last year as well heading into the season.

just sayin...

6 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Good stuff but nobody cares about paper tigers or offseason champions this time of year.

Media love was off the charts at times last year as well heading into the season.

Well they actually had something to write about that they meant instead of blowing sunshine up everyone's ass.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.