Bills sign Jamison Crowder

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Malazan said:

The Jets turned over their training staff under Douglas, but the results have been similar in terms of man-games lost. 

There may be something to the grumbling of several Jets/Giants players that the field at MetLife sucks and increases the risk of injuries.

Didn't a 49er team die on that field?

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Malazan said:

The Jets turned over their training staff under Douglas, but the results have been similar in terms of man-games lost. 

There may be something to the grumbling of several Jets/Giants players that the field at MetLife sucks and increases the risk of injuries.

The field is an additional issue I guess.  As someone else noted, a 49ers team pretty much died there.  I know I have everything crossed I can cross, when the Bills play there.

I could be wrong, but I have the feeling the priority given to S&C and facilities goes beyond the training staff per se

53 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It really is a good look…. Speaking from personal experience.

I went there last year for 6 months.  My wife prefers the 5 o’clock Shadow and I found a bald head to be too much maintenance.

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I went there last year for 6 months.  My wife prefers the 5 o’clock Shadow and I found a bald head to be too much maintenance.

Yea some guys don't need to perform much maintenance, so it works for them.

Edited by TBBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Malazan said:

That place is cursed. 

Seriously.

Bad Juju

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/21/2022 at 6:38 PM, Success said:

I swear - I honestly thought this would be a really quiet FA for the Bills. When they signed Settle, I was like "there's the splash."

Beane really wasn't happy after that KC game.  

Honestly, other than Von Miller and Roger Saffold, we really haven't signed very many big name players that match their production. What, O.J. Howard is a big name whose production has never matched it. Otherwise, we are doing what we have always done, find the guys who have a chip on their shoulder, are on the cheaper side, but have a lot of upside and potential to be untapped. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

Honestly, other than Von Miller and Roger Saffold, we really haven't signed very many big name players that match their production. What, O.J. Howard is a big name whose production has never matched it. Otherwise, we are doing what we have always done, find the guys who have a chip on their shoulder, are on the cheaper side, but have a lot of upside and potential to be untapped. 

The big difference is the amount of $ we had to pay for FAs to join us. We’re able to sign guys like Crowder 1M gtd, Duke minimum contract, settle 4.5M, saffold for less than Daryl Williams (6.25m). Howard 3.5M (dissley got 7M, engram 10m). 

Star got crazy money.  Butler got crazy money for his production.  Murphy, addison,  Klein grossly overpaid imo.  Daryl Williams and Feliciano both got paid more than their worth after the 2020 season.  

of this years, FA class, the only guy I think we overpaid was Jones, but I understand why.  Dude is as durable as they come.  We’ve had 2 1techs over the last 3 years and neither of them could stay on the field (or want to be on the field).  Jones will play 50% of the snaps for the next 2 years and I don’t think they’re worried about him missing any of them.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

I feel like Crowder has I have been a big fan of him

6 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

I agree with your take. However, the Miller pick is very big. Scaffold 8s a big upgrade as well with vast experience. Beane has done will with the money he spent. 

On 3/22/2022 at 10:01 PM, badassgixxer05 said:

Tell me how many games Mckenzie has started over the years? 😁

Fair point, well played.

I do like this signing. I think its an iron sharpens ion situation and neither Crowder or McKenzie has the slot outright.

It does give Buffalo two solid options though

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1

On 3/23/2022 at 4:12 PM, Malazan said:

Is there any reason why Met Life’s field is such a possible issue? It’s a fairly new stadium it shouldn’t have those issues. Why not replace the field turf?

11 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Is there any reason why Met Life’s field is such a possible issue? It’s a fairly new stadium it shouldn’t have those issues. Why not replace the field turf?

The most frequent complaint seems to be that it 'has more give' or 'moves more' than other fields.

Why they don't change it.. who knows? Might be because keeping up with a grass field with two teams playing their home games during the season would be rough. 

The NFL investigated the field and said it meets all standards. The NFLPA says that the tests only test hardness/softness and don't consider other factors like how it shifts when you plant your foot. It can be quite jarring if you plant and the ground doesn't respond like you expect it too..

Metlife perennially is among highest for injuries occurring in a stadium, but is not in the top 5 of 'injuries per game'. However, both Jets and Giants players have complained along with several other teams. It is certainly the 'vocal' leader in the effort to replace turf fields from the players. 

Edited by Malazan

4 minutes ago, Malazan said:

The most frequent complaint seems to be that it 'has more give' or 'moves more' than other fields.

Why they don't change it.. who knows? Might be because keeping up with a grass field with two teams playing their home games during the season would be rough. 

The NFL investigated the field and said it meets all standards. The NFLPA says that the tests only test hardness/softness and don't consider other factors like how it shifts when you plant your foot. It can be quite jarring if you plant and the ground doesn't respond like you expect it too..

Metlife perennially is among highest for injuries occurring in a stadium, but is not in the top 5 of 'injuries per game'. However, both Jets and Giants players have complained along with several other teams. It is certainly the 'vocal' leader in the effort to replace turf fields from the players. 

I get not wanting to switch to grass as grass will likely not hold up against 16 regular season games plus 6 pre-season games and all the other college/high school games that get played there. But Dallas and LA have field turf that doesn't have those issues. Why can't they switch to that kind of turf? That seems to me to be the best solution. 

• 2 months later...

Crowder is an upgrade to Beasley...

Averages a yard per reception more over their careers and has had much better numbers than Beasley prior to him coming to Buffalo.

If you take the top 5 seasons in terms of yards from both of them(prior to playing with josh), Beasley only has one of them.

847(Crowder)

833(Crowder and Beasley)

789(Crowder)

699(Crowder)

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.