Bills sign Jamison Crowder

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I like this pick up.

Crowder is a sneaky good WR. Hope he stays healthy.

Will push McKenzie for the slot.

If he loses to McKenzie he is a solid 4th and an upgrade from Kumerow.

This might BE the slot receiver RCR ?
Let McKenzie do his thing outside. inside and maybe a few gadgets from Daboll's  used toolbox still 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

This might BE the slot receiver RCR ?
Let McKenzie do his thing outside. inside and maybe a few gadgets from Daboll's  used toolbox still 

I think it may be an open competition. McKenzie is still younger and healthier and has looked good when in the slot.

Either way I think this is a solid pick up IMO. If Crowder can lock in the slot, then McKenzie is still our slash.

Who knows what the hodge podge of Offensive coaches come up with?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Someone in here actually suggested the Bills would.

You trade out of the pick. Have QB needy teams compete for the pick and pick up additional draft choices. This year's draft has a very weak QB class. I say and hope we go CB at 25 unless there is a clear player who drops into our laps. I know so many want WR but our biggest need is CB. With the current roster I'm afraid the Bills secondary will get tourched by quality qbs. We won't have to worry about Mac Jones.

I've always liked Crowder since he's been in the league. I hope he busts out with the Bills, having a great QB throwing it to him. He's another guy(Duke) who ran a really disappointing 40 at the combine(4.56) and then ran significantly faster (4.46 official with an unofficial 4.39 on one of his Pro Day runs). A former 3rd round pick, the talent is there and it's now his time and place to break out.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I expect to see Josh do for Crowder what he did for Bease.

And John Brown & Robert Foster.

In fact that seems to be the pattern.  Allen elevates the WR's the Bills put on the field.  This gives Bean a real advantage in signing these guys as Allen can turn a Beasley, Brown and I suspect now Crowder into 70 - 80 catches and 900 - 1000 yard receivers.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

You trade out of the pick. Have QB needy teams compete for the pick and pick up additional draft choices. This year's draft has a very weak QB class. I say and hope we go CB at 25 unless there is a clear player who drops into our laps. I know so many want WR but our biggest need is CB. With the current roster I'm afraid the Bills secondary will get tourched by quality qbs. We won't have to worry about Mac Jones.

Conspiracy theory and certainly too early to substantiate BUT is it possible that the Bills aren’t holding a draft party due to the possibility of them trading out of the 1st? Holding a party without a pick would be strange.

depending on who’s available at 25, in this draft trading down with Dallas and having picks such as 33, 57, 65 and 89 may be better than 25, 57 and 89

33 Breece Hall RB

57 Kyler Gordon CB

65 Lecitus Smith G

89 John Metchie III Wr

130 Calvin Austin III WR

168 Matt Araiza P

6th and 7th round I don’t care - maybe another CB, another OL, and a LB - this was all from a simulator btw

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

You never really know another person's character but Jamison seems like he's a really solid human being.

It's always better when you like the players you're cheering for.

I started watching the Jets a couple years ago. I mean I watch a few games of all the AFC East teams, but I watched every Jets game for the last two years. 

Crowder was the heart of a terrible Jets team and their best player. He was just about the only player who was consistently open and reliable for Darnold. He brought it every single week on a team that had given up after week 1 and didn't like their HC who was a lame duck. 

The Jets, a 1st class organization, responded by asking to cut his salary despite having plenty of unused cap space. Then he got hurt and rewarded by pretending he didn't exist in favor of trying to make their free agents Davis and Cole do something.

It will give me great pleasure to watch them torched by the class act they discarded because they wanted their new toys, that were crap quality, to shine. They've doubled down on it this year with Davis. They'll draft a WR at 4 or 10 and count on him with 2nd year Moore who was invisible for half the season and it will be glorious to watch them burn another, already challenged QB who likely needed to sit a year, with little support. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Malazan said:

I started watching the Jets a couple years ago. I mean I watch a few games of all the AFC East teams, but I watched every Jets game for the last two years. 

Crowder was the heart of a terrible Jets team and their best player. He was just about the only player who was consistently open and reliable for Darnold. He brought it every single week on a team that had given up after week 1 and didn't like their HC who was a lame duck. 

The Jets, a 1st class organization, responded by asking to cut his salary despite having plenty of unused cap space. Then he got hurt and rewarded by pretending he didn't exist in favor of trying to make their free agents Davis and Cole do something.

It will give me great pleasure to watch them torched by the class act they discarded because they wanted their new toys, that were crap quality, to shine. They've doubled down on it this year with Davis. They'll draft a WR at 4 or 10 and count on him with 2nd year Moore who was invisible for half the season and it will be glorious to watch them burn another, already challenged QB who likely needed to sit a year, with little support. 

When your opponent is messing them self up just get out of the way and let them do it

• Agree 1

I echo what many others have said here, the only Jet I had an irrational fear of was Crowder.  He was the one guy that stood out on their teams.  Considering Beane was scratching up change from the couch cushions, this is an A+ signing.  Mega-potential here.

• Like (+1) 5

On 3/21/2022 at 6:55 PM, Motor26 said:

I’m sure he can match Beasley or Sanders production from last year. Solid signing.

So,which one? I think Davis,McKenzie,Howard,Duke and possibly a rookie get a lot of those catches. 

On 3/21/2022 at 6:56 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Can't help but notice how he says Crowder "gonna catch a lot of balls" and then goes on to list all the other weapons. Not to mention the other young WRs and possibly a rookie in the mix. Maybe Crowder replaces Sanders' catches but not necessarily Beasley's.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.