Bills sign Jamison Crowder

YoloinOhio

13 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Middle rounds. Right now we’re about the same as last year maybe better depending on Davis’ development. Need some depth outside but middle rounds is a good spot.

I’m looking at CB and OL.

Depending on what WR or CB gets to us at 25. Whoever is bpa at those positions. I would like to have a young high upside guy learning from diggs to replace davis if he becomes too expensive.

52 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Really like the fit.

Nice signing Beane! He’s had a pretty great offseason so far.

Amazing how much different the off-season is when you’re at the top of the heap for super bowl odds. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Mark Long Beach said:

I never felt much doubt that Bean would find a quality vet WR to come in on a cheap deal (such as what we got in Crowder).   What WR doesn't want Josh Freaking Allen throwing to them?   

However, I am much more concerned about CB  than I can remember.   Levi was a fantastic floor for a CB and really a solid fallback starter.   His lack of foot speed hurt him vs many WR, but his change of direction, anticipation and understanding of where he was supposed to be was very good.   Dane is a better, more aggressive tackler, but gets lost and fooled way more often in coverage.   I want him as my outside CB4, not 1 2 or 3.  

Tre is likely to be not ready for the start of season...  With the high demand of CBs, any competent ones go for more money than we have.   I don't like any of the vet CBs left and feel like we MUST take a CB in the first round to maximize the chances of a competent starter.   I don't like this feeling.

Unlike most, I won't miss Wallace.  he's a great story from UFA to starter, but, just recent memory of the playoffs I remember:

1. being burned for an easy TD on NE's first drive, bailed out by Hyde

2. Needless PI call vs NE on 3rd down

3. TD by Hill with a minute left

4. two catches were on him in the last 13 seconds (though full disclosure I blame coaching more than him)

Seems to me, if the Bills weren't willing to pay him $4m per, they have similar observations.  With hopefully a better pass rush this year, the CB's will be better protected too.  Give me Peterson, Gilmour, Rhodes or even Seymour on a reasonable 1 year deal + draft two CB's (one on day one or two) and we'll be good to go

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, wakingfane said:

Sweet! Only player I would have wanted from the Jets. Berries too easy to squish.

Reading the Jets boards they were sad to see him leave. They are happy he gets a chance to win but hate the fact that its with the Bills.

18 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Poor Cole Beasley, I will miss him...

Poor Cole Beasley? No. He did this to himself. Many players have opinions about things, they don’t use those opinions to drive wedges between the team and fanbase. 

I liked him as a player, but him calling out fans cheering for him in the pouring rain was the last straw for me. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, wjag said:

I saw Josh answer this question about his speed.  Apparently he runs faster than what he was clocked at the combine.  When asked why, he said, and I paraphrase, "because I have guys chasing me..."

yeah, that was in an interview with Pat McAfee where one of Pat's cronies asked him, essentially, if he was sandbagging at the combine.  He said no, he was trying but .....

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Cover 1 already covered this to length I suggest you go watch it

If you could kindly include a link to the relevant Cover1 feature, that would be splendid and would facilitate taking advantage of your suggestion

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Poor Cole Beasley, I will miss him...

"Poor" Cole Beasley has estimated career earnings of $38M, including $23M in three seasons with the Bills. 

He carefully explained to us last pre-season that his family is financially set for life at this point.

• Sad 1

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2022/03/bills-jamison-crowder-could-slide-into-void-left-by-cole-beasleys-release-5-things-to-know.html

Inspired by his brother

Jamison draws his inspiration from his brother, Jamaris.

Jamaris is nine years younger than Jamison and has Down syndrome.

It’s almost poetic that Crowder agreed to join the Bills on Monday, March 21. That’s World Down Syndrome Day throughout the world.

“My brother definitely made me a better person,” he told ESPN.com back in 2018. “He helped me become more patient and understanding. He helped me grow into a young man. He gives me more motivation.”

The Jets also did a great feature on Jamison’s relationship with Jamaris in 2019.

31 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

You never really know another person's character but Jamison seems like he's a really solid human being.

It's always better when you like the players you're cheering for.

So he doesnt seem like the type to get in trouble on social media all the time?

(I kid I kid I respected cole's right to say his own personal beliefs)

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.