Bills sign Jamison Crowder

YoloinOhio

Sat next to him by chance and chatted him up a 5-6 years ago at the Redskins annual "Kickoff Luncheon" here in the DC area.   Really nice, respectful kid; was a rookie sweating out just making the team in spite of a hamstring injury.   Well spoken, Duke grad and it showed.   Humble.   Really liked him.   I can see why he has succeeded.   Will be a good process guy.   Not a Diva like Beas, and has some quicks and skills.  

McBeanes still just absolutely killing it.   

Trust the Process,  

Go Bills.  

• Like (+1) 9
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, Devilmann said:

How are we still signing people? The salary cap must not exist at all or we had ALOT more than anyone thought we had to begin with. 

I think the league as whole is counting on and going with the large influx of cash from the new tv deals upcoming. Seeing a lot off low salaries for this year and larger jumps in the next years base salaries. JMO

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I agree that you would always want a more verstile player... but the question is who is still available and how much...

Im sure Crowder's cap hit will be minimal this year.. he should be a value for money signing if he stays on the field

i haven’t studied all the receivers out there and what they might command. But I see Golden Tate floating around out there— I think he is a guy that you can play both inside and out. 

I don’t mean to be critical of Crowder. He may be the better fit, as more of a pure slot. Just hoping we can fill out the depth at the WR position. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Good signing but how do they get all of this under the cap?

Don't forget Beane in his press conference said they were just under with his calculation but he wasn't sure of what had already been reported as a done deal, so this and the 2 QB moves were likely already factored into that comment. 

25 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Will 4 CBs get taken before 25 - and is the drop off after that significant 

I would say there are maybe 7 solid day 1 starters and probably 4-5 of them will be gone before 25. 6-7 are solid players with size limitations (sub 6 footers). I think there are good CBs available all the way through Rd 3 who could turn into really good players, but those are more projections and we'd likely be better served starting Dane Jackson over them immediately, so they present an immediate help. 

Rd 1 probables: Stingley, Gardner, McDuffie, Booth, Elam

Rd 1 probables: Gordon, McCreary

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

The way I read it, Bradberry wants to join the Bills and will take far less to do it.

Several people I follow on Twitter agree with this reading of the tea leaves. If we can do it, I would. Nothing wrong with having a Rd 1-2 rookie play CB2 for a couple weeks if needed to spell Tre while coming back from injury. I just want him to be solid for the post-season and going forward. 

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

BPA…. Considering they’ve only used one first round pick on offense(Josh) I expect defense unfortunately. 

You might be happy with another CB, followed by WR later in a deep WR class. 

53 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Very nice great slot guy just often injured.  Manage his reps and he can be a solid contributor.  Not sure how well he can move still though. 

I think Isiah will help to manage his reps. I see these guys going halfsies in the slot. 

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I just worry a lot more people are putting faith in Tre's recovery then I am.  Not that he won't be back...he will.  

But I want this team to prepare like they DO NOT have CB1 for 2022.  

Planning any other way is negligent.  And that's why I'd be dam sure to get the CB I want in the draft IF he's a day 1 starter.  

Well, speaking for myself, not sure if "faith" is the word I would use for myself...however I feel good he will have a really good chance to be ready earlier/faster than some other players recovering from similar injuries like his. Reason being the Bills facility is one of the very best, if not the best in the league. It is said by many to be the best thing ever.

With that along with the amount of hard work, determination, etc Tre is putting in to being ready just gives me confidence he will be ready faster than some may think.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.