Bills sign Jamison Crowder

YoloinOhio

Just now, mannc said:

As I recall, Crowder had a big game against us in the season opener a year or two ago…he might have had a dozen catches…I remember thinking “ this guy is a pain in the ass”.

Yeah, under 10 yards nobody can cover him. Hopefully he’s healthy because he could be a monster converting third downs in this offense. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I have no dog in this fight but FYI there are at least 3 different trade value charts. Which one are you using?

Where'd you read that Doc?

I use drafttek https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=buf but it doesn't matter much. Next years second doesn't get you from 25 to 15, moreso to 10-15 range. And our 3rd and 4th doesn't even get you to end of 2nd, not to mention first. That's total nonsense.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

We're probably still bringing someone in at CB, Bean hates leaving a hole going into the draft.

Exactly and you can’t count on the rookies, if anything they would have to compete and win the job 

18 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

We cant fill every hole buying guys in free agency...

Im assuming they will take a WR Day 2 to help Diggs and GD outside

i hear you. But that’s why I was hoping we could get a guy with a little more versatility than Crowder. What was nice about Sanders last year was he could play both inside and out. Now, we have to find another receiver (probably in the draft) to get some depth on the outside. Unless, i guess, if Hodgins can finally contribute there. 

• Like (+1) 1

"Up to $4M" probably means a cap hit of $2.25M...

I think Beane has made some great moves this offseason...

Guess it helps though having JA and the way he played the back part of the season...

Crowder is a quality player that Josh can utilise to the fullest off his talent...

Obviously his injury history is the question mark but fingers crossed there... still only 28

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i hear you. But that’s why I was hoping we could get a guy with a little more versatility than Crowder. What was nice about Sanders last year was he could play both inside and out. Now, we have to find another receiver (probably in the draft) to get some depth on the outside. Unless, i guess, if Hodgins can finally contribute there. 

I agree that you would always want a more verstile player... but the question is who is still available and how much...

Im sure Crowder's cap hit will be minimal this year.. he should be a value for money signing if he stays on the field

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Good signing. I advocated for this some weeks ago only for some here to claim he was gonne get $12m a year because Spotrac said so.... they also said Wallace was a $9m a year corner mind you..... 

What even is “spotrac”? It was viewed on here like the fifth gospel.  The Book of Spotrac! 

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

"Up to $4M" probably means a cap hit of $2.25M...

I think Beane has made some great moves this offseason...

Guess it helps though having JA the way he played the back part of the season...

Crowder is a quality player that Josh can utilise to the fullest off his talent...

Obviously his injury history is the question mark but fingers crossed there... still only 28

Yep my read is he sees one year of catching say 60-70 passes from Josh on the big stage under the national lights as a great career move. 

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

This is going to a a very solid signing IMO. Well done. 

only major hole left is CB. 

…and, I’ll be at least mildly surprised if we don’t have another CB on the roster before the draft. It’s just how Beane rolls. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.