Von Miller's First 24 Hours as a Buffalo Bill

T&C

7 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Go back to that draft, we went third and got Marcel Dareus as Denver came in at #2 and took Von Miller.  I believe his story about how he thought he was going to be a Buffalo Bill back then,

Denver is now on my $#/+ list

6 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

Cool video. Von seemed a little overwhelmed maybe.. 

I was hoping Josh Allen or someone fun from the team would pop out.

I heard Tasked say that Tre White is in town rehabbing at the facility. Would've been nice to see him greet Von

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Would have been nice for a player to be there to greet him. Bruce, Thurman, Josh… someone who he could interact with on a more personal level than the business side of the team guys.

Well, when things are basically secret, the band is not there to welcome him. Kind of gives you an idea of what it takes to be the unknown team in the mix.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Mango said:

Unpopular opinion alert. 

As good as our media dept has been the last year or so, that was one of, if not the most anticlimactic videos they have ever put out. 

Dude looked like he was just showing up to sign the contract then GTFO of there. Not a criticism, just an observation.

Yep. It was very underwhelming.  When the cameras came on, he smiled and acted excited for a few seconds.  But he's here for the money and chasing another ring.

• Disagree 1

9 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Love how he took in the 4 SB appearance banners and without missing a beat said yeah we getting over that hump like it was the most matter of fact thing in the world 🤣🤩

Yeah that really stuck out for me too.. No hesitation, not contemplation, its a done deal.

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Yep. It was very underwhelming.  When the cameras came on, he smiled and acted excited for a few seconds.  But he's here for the money and chasing another ring.

It was a subdued video, but this is not Von's 1st rodeo... He's been there done that, plus he got off a plane the night before at 11 pm... He's had his share of circuses already.

• Like (+1) 1

I actually thought the low-key vibe of the video was refreshing.

I've enjoyed the Bills' recent social media hype work as much as the next guy. But it's nice to see something down-to-earth like this too. I love catching all of these little glimpses of the facilities and the people behind the scenes.

And Von didn't seem that subdued to me - more nervous, reserved, trying to feel his way into the place. Even for a multi-millionaire, HOF vet, it's gonna feel disorienting at first walking through your new home and meeting 100 people at once.

I hope they do more videos like this. I can't get enough of the day-to-day life of the team.

Edited by Last Guy on the Bench
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

I agree the video lacked some excitement, which I think is due primarily to Miller likely being jet lagged and more importantly an editing team that failed to trim the fat.

Video could have been half the length and double the excitement. 

Still, awesome to see Miller here and excited to bring Bills Mafia championships. 

I liked how he pointed out this was the first time he was able to make the decision as a free agent. He picked Buffalo!

I was completely sold on the fact that he really liked it here, loves the fans, loves the culture. Those are the reasons he is here. He can get money anywhere. He was sold on the Bills when he got drafted. This is where he wanted to be. He left a SB winning team... Has some reservations... He's human. Not just cashing a paycheck. Once he is around everyone, he is going to be energized! Can't wait!

Stopping at the field to pray for the team, opportunity, decision, whatever it was, showed a ton of class and humility. He will be humble and hungry!

• Like (+1) 3

This is not his first rodeo. My perceptions of this are he was taking it all in and in some ways I felt a sense of relief that the free agency journey was over and he was frankly just checking out his new digs. It reminded me of when You have been recruited by a business, brought in to meet with HR and make it official . Walk through,  meet people, check out the facility. Of course in the NFL those facilities are much more vast than most corporate venues. He's happy to be here and Lord knows the team and fanbase are happy to have him too 🙂

I love how he lit up when talking about the fanbase called THE bills mafia. He stated he has played in our stadium. He has been in Denver where the fans are at least as rabid as we are. The fact our fanbase is in itself famous for all the infamous and absolutely awesome multiple reasons hasn't been lost on him. I think he is truly excited to be playing in front of US....THAT fires ME up!~!~!!!!!

Nobody with any credence bashes the Bills mafia, quite the opposite. HE GETS IT....LET'S GO!~!~!

m

At some point, maybe during the press conference or another interview, Von mentions that he was very anxious during the process until he signed the contract. He said it was a really tough day. He just left a great situation where they won the Super Bowl and he's on the cusp of leaving that for something mostly unknown. 

Once he signed the contract his friends started talking about, "oh you're smiling again" or something like that.

The way he was acting made total sense if you think about what was going on in his head the whole time. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

At some point, maybe during the press conference or another interview, Von mentions that he was very anxious during the process until he signed the contract. He said it was a really tough day. He just left a great situation where they won the Super Bowl and he's on the cusp of leaving that for something mostly unknown. 

Once he signed the contract his friends started talking about, "oh you're smiling again" or something like that.

The way he was acting made total sense if you think about what was going on in his head the whole time. 

Exactly what I was about to post.

In his PC, said he was unsure/nervous all day, wondering if he made the right choice. It wasn’t til he met the coaches and signed his contract that he finally “became Von again” and started smiling and loosening up.

That showed very clearly in this video.

It’s actually one of the better looks into the human/psychological aspects of the free agency process I’ve ever seen. These guys are PEOPLE. They get nervous at day one on the new job just like everyone else.

Pretty cool.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

Media could have fluffed this up a bit but they were showing Von's true colors which I prefer. He's clearly trying to play it cool and not seem too excited. He probably thinks he knows how this all works and doesn't want to come across as a wide-eyed, star-struck rookie. That would be beneath him at this point in his career.

My take is that he wants to be seen as the veteran leader (and he is) that will be known for keeping everyone focused on what's important, which is why as soon as he arrived at LA he plopped a Lombardi trophy on the table to remind everyone every day to keep their eyes on the prize.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.