Al Michaels/Kirk Herbstreit to headline Amazon's TNF

eball

I hope Herbstreit remains with the College Gameday crew, as well as calling college games with Fowler. That Game Day crew is my favorite, I even have watched them during the draft the last couple of years. I also like KH calling the National game of the week Saturday nights. 

I thought Al was retiring? Of all the broadcaster shuffling this year, it’s upsetting Collinsworth hasn’t been traded to a greasy spoon outside Cincinnati where that Piccadilly dipschnitt can ramble on about “here’s a guy” to the four barflies who stumble in for coffee at 2 AM. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 hours ago, blacklabel said:

I thought Al was retiring? Of all the broadcaster shuffling this year, it’s upsetting Collinsworth hasn’t been traded to a greasy spoon outside Cincinnati where that Piccadilly dipschnitt can ramble on about “here’s a guy” to the four barflies who stumble in for coffee at 2 AM. 

I think Michaels said there was a choice between new partner or retiring.  

The "last Superbowl" he would do was regarding SNF for NBC.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/21/2022 at 2:58 PM, mushypeaches said:

Al Michaels is a national treasure

Pretty much the last of the great voices of the NFL broadcasts the only one after him that has done it for a long period of time is Nance & Joe B. might be a future consideration . 

Question about Amazon broadcasts… can they be watched at your convenience on your watch as are most streaming offerings, or can you only watch live? 
I have DIRECTV and DVR and always record games. I usually watch in real time, but it’s a nice feature being able to pause, rewind, forward, or go back at a later time to review. 
We can’t record from streaming services with the DVR, but the benefit is the content is usually available as long as you’re a subscriber. 
So, with live sports like NFL football, are games available after original airing? 

Edited by SoMAn

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.