Beane should kick the tires on Stephon Gilmore

Inigo Montoya

Went an looked at his stats for the last two years.  Granted he was injured somewhere in there.  His stats look rather pedestrian.  Especially last year in Carolina where he only started 3 games of the 8 he played...

49 minutes ago, transient said:

If we were to sign Janoris Jenkins, I’d want to kick Brian Griese every time he called him “jackrabbit”. 

Lucky for us, Griese won't be doing broadcasts this year...he is now the QB coach for the 49ers!

The big signings are done. We're on to the Draft. Our signings going forward are Marquel Lee, Matt Barkley, Duke Johnson, David Mancz level acquisitions. Beane said at his Presser they're pretty much done and signings going forward are going to be the 1-year types to improve players stocks next year that "value opportunity over money". 

Yea...lets go after a guy who is now over the hill and didn't want to be in Buffalo in his prime.  He hated it here so let's bring him back. lol

Its not worth a millisecond of anyone's time to even consider him in a Bills uniform again.

Edited by Azucho98
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Love the fans still hating on Gilmore because he played for the Patriots… Guy is a really good player and would be a great add. 

Cover skills aside, he never wanted to be here the first time.  Dude celebrated on social media in our faces the day he went to our most bitter rival.

For me, it goes all the way to draft night where he didn't even crack a smile at the podium as a top 10 draft pick in the NFL draft.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I know a lot of people here don't like Gilmore because of how he left Buffalo, but that was with the old regime, and honestly, the old regime was a dumpster fire and I don't blame him for wanting to go to a real franchise.  If Beane can swing a one year deal on Gilmore I think that would put us over the top.  A secondary of Tre, Gilmore, Poyer, Hyde, and Taron Johnson would be scary.

A one year $8-10 million fully guaranteed contract and a chance at a Super Bowl just might just get it done.

There are a lot of reasons why people do not like Gilmore.  He is a poor tackler sometimes not making effort.  He sets blame on other players on team on the field which does not help playing and many times it was apparently his issue.  He seemed to save himself and end of seasons when playoffs were out of reach.  

No way do I want him getting a fully guaranteed contract going into training camp.  He could decide he does not want to practice, go into season out of shape, etc.

Basically the former cheater may cheat the Bills and not think twice about it for "his people" will not see it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.